It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy the Supreme Court!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I just posted the following paragraph on another thread, then realized it needs a thread of its own:

The biggest problem with big money buying-controlling politicians, therefore government in general, is that blatant corruption is LEGALIZED here in the US (for example) first and foremost by the Supreme Court, though basically NO ONE is recognizing that fact. Allowing a corporation to be classified as a "person" and equating purchasing power with free speech are THE biggest problems. Changing the corrupt "law of the land" is the real priority if there is ever to be any real improvement. Of course such improvement also requires much more SYSTEMIC change such as ending rule BY secrecy - mainly the entire National "Security" STATE - in general.

When will enough people wake up, if ever, and realize the real center(s) of the problems? When will (the various types and degrees of) the rank and file stop applying Band Aids when major surgery is needed? Blind faith and ignorance encompass much more than religion, or the traditional definition of religion.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
BRAVO!

I just posted in another thread my outrage at the bastardization of the 14th Amendment to declare corporations "persons". It was in response to someone asking what "rights" we felt were being taken from us. Really glad to see this go!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Why not just "occupy" the Constitution?
*bah*
I knew there was a bloody subtext to this protest movement.

At least you folks are being honest about it now.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm no Constitutional expert, but I know it's a highly interpretive, therefore ambiguous enough, document. There are expert attorneys who can argue that many existing laws and policies today are un-Constitutional, and even IF not in the area of money-controlled government, that's no excuse for lacking basic intelligence and morality. Times change, attitudes and opinions change, consciousness evolves. 1789 was an incredibly long time ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why do people hate freedom of speech?

The 1st Amendment is a great thing. One of the tenets of our great society.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

it's funny you should mention 1789, that's the year of the french revolution when the people rebelled agaisnt the ruling aristocratic class and demand the republic. legalite, equalite, fraternite.
itf you research a bit this movement really started in spain back in may (real democracy now!) and what it's really asking is for government to go back to really represent their people and not their countries profits. nowadays the global market doesnt give a toss about the people but yet they are decisive in the economy of any and every country in the world and by extension, their population.
- has any of you been allowed to vote these bankers, corporations, IMFs.. that have soooo much saying in our lives?? that's what this movement is really about. REAL DEMOCRACY NOW!! these bankers and their likes are 1% of the people... WE ARE 99% OF THE POPULATION!!
show them that you are awake and not fooled anymore by their media manipulation.
edit on 16-10-2011 by martauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
reply to post by beezzer

I'm no Constitutional expert, but I know it's a highly interpretive, therefore ambiguous enough, document. There are expert attorneys who can argue that many existing laws and policies today are un-Constitutional, and even IF not in the area of money-controlled government, that's no excuse for lacking basic intelligence and morality. Times change, attitudes and opinions change, consciousness evolves. 1789 was an incredibly long time ago.

It's not interpretive.
It's not ambiguous.
And if you think that it (the Constitution) can be manipulated to fit some class warfare ideology, then the only way to overcome the tenents in the Constitution, is to burn it.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Our Supreme Court has been stacked and decked for big banks and money, it will only get worse unless there is some sort of change, It needs to start being for the 99%, like it should!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cklein61
Our Supreme Court has been stacked and decked for big banks and money, it will only get worse unless there is some sort of change, It needs to start being for the 99%, like it should!

Oh good lord!
First Wall Street.
Now the Supreme Court?

You all are blaming everyone except the White House.

Figures.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The Supreme Court gives them great power.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Ignore congress, ignore the White House.

Irony.

And I get called a shill.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No way on burning it! Most of it, as far as I can tell, is useful and meaningful for all time. I happen to believe it needs a bit of updating and, yes, clarifying its too-pervasively ambiguous lawyer-speak. Thomas Jefferson believed every generation had the right to update - or perhaps even "rewrite" - the Constitution, even though he was forced to PUBLICLY retract that statement due to reactionary political pressure.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The White House and Congress put them in place.

But, lets just forget that fact.

This whole OWS is basically the cart before the horse. Going after the easiest target, in hopes of building hype and a following of the masses.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

No way on burning it! Most of it, as far as I can tell, is useful and meaningful for all time. I happen to believe it needs a bit of updating and, yes, clarifying its too-pervasively ambiguous lawyer-speak. Thomas Jefferson believed every generation had the right to update - or perhaps even "rewrite" - the Constitution, even though he was forced to PUBLICLY retract that statement due to reactionary political pressure.

No no no no no!!
It does not need re-written, nor updated.

It is a very clear, black and white document.

It needs to be upheld, that is all.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Here's a scary question, then.

What would you change in the Constitution?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It's not interpretive.
It's not ambiguous.
And if you think that it (the Constitution) can be manipulated to fit some class warfare ideology, then the only way to overcome the tenents in the Constitution, is to burn it.

Define "arms" and then tell me why you do not have nuclear weapons of your own or even perhaps some Anthrax.

Originally posted by beezzer
Oh good lord!
First Wall Street.
Now the Supreme Court?

You all are blaming everyone except the White House.

Figures.

It would then appear, to a mere observer such as myself, that you are defending everyone except the White House. For a site like this, I find it highly peculiar that anyoe would so easily take one side against the other. I see a lot more of that as the days pass too.

Why not wall street?
Why not the supreme court?
When you have spouses of SC Justices in positions to make money off their WALL STREET investments based on the decisions of aformentioned spouse, there is a pretty clear line between the two to me. Besides a lot of the people on WS and up in the SC have been screwing us coming and going for generations. Why are you so worried about the 4 year figurehead?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

Ok, here we go,
1. Anthrax is a biological agent, Not a firearm. You loose.
2. A nuclear device is not a firearm. You loose again.
3. Why are some people concerned with the "4 year figure head"? Because you and others are not. The sole, blinded focus is just on banks.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

I think that if you get people with hnesty and integrity in the White House and Congress then there won't be the continued graft from Wall Street and big business.

So far though, I've yet to see ANY OWS crowd address that specific issue.

So go ahead. Bark at the folks bribing corrupt politicians. Then turn around and defend the same corrupt politicians.
*egads*

edit on 16-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on Sun 16 Oct 11 by Jazzyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Because you and others are not. The sole, blinded focus is just on banks.

Where have you been these past years? It is the banks that have taken the entire world economy and made it a ruin. Why should a fraction of society be allowed to do unethical practices that took down that entire planet and the majority suffer?

While the bootlickers protect this? We know the entire government is broken, but the banks have had a strangle hold on us all for way too long.

Dont be a bootlicker, it leaves that Nazi taste in your mouth!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join