It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy in USA so far is POINTLESS !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I wish there actually WAS a movement in america, but this is a LAME one.. A few quick things to ponder..

1. as long a a group of THOUSANDS allow a group of HUNDREDS to physically dominate, WHAT IS THE POINT?
a. it sends a message TPTB telling them they have done well.
b. The Cops are without a doubt the pawns of TPTB

2. Does ANYONE in america know of the bloody history of our nation?
a. the labor movements in the 30's were NOT PEACEFUL
b. unions were forged through violence
c. the cops were THEN, AS NOW, used by the elites to try and BREAK the marches, strikes, and protests

3. TPTB instilled the educational mindset in the sheeple of america
a. their BEST move was teaching strikes as predominantly "sit down" strikes, and that people would just lounge around whining until they got their way
b. Picket Lines were manned by armed workers, and if scabs tried to cross they were beaten or would just not show up the next day. (they were followed home)
c. the immigrants have been used as SCABS by the corporate elites

4. the Police have been used throughout history as the elites tool.
a. think robin hood and the evil "sheriff" and his men.. hmmmmmm
b. when will people understand this?

5. politicians had for centuries known that they better keep the corruption to a minimum beacuse the town would form an ANGRY MOB
a. pitchforks? tar and feather? find a tall tree? taking to the streets?
b. this is how it has been, and if not for those brave enough to physically confront TPTB and their minions with badges we would still be a nation of starving pathetic slaves beging for scraps (food stamps, ssi, etc) while the wealthy have houses, vacation houses, yachts, resort trips, etc...

edit on 16-10-2011 by rebeldog because: premature post

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have been watching this protest since the beginning and I find myself loving and hating it like a nutcase.
Sometimes you'll see me saying "yeah go protestors!" other days I'm more like "this is a trap, get outta there!" lol.

The reason for the way I'm acting about it all is probably the same as you, I'm sure there are times when you think its a good thing, but they're just going about it the wrong way or really... theres nothing that can be done.
Since there actually isn't a POINT, it leaves me in confusion most of the time.

They say they want it to stay peaceful but I dont see how they can overthrow the government without violence... Oh whats that? They're not trying to overthrow the government?
So they want a new way of living from the current government?

So they will eventually be told lies, go home, wait for results and see nothing... then look back a year later and say "remember when we stood there and got shafted?"

edit on 16-10-2011 by Fishticon84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

[Irrelevant post]
edit on 16/10/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

oops i hit post too soon...

hopefully you will return and read then re-opine

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree. I made a thread about this when it first started kicking off in the USA. I aslo describe the 'types' of people who were occupying. seek it out.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Most of the people making threads about the protesters have not been there and get all of there facts off the TV media they generally condemn on this very website. If you want to assassinate these people, get a camera and interview them yourself, and don't just target the usual New York crazies that will always be around these things.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
As long as it remains a peaceful protest nothing will be done. These elites don't have a heart, well most of them anyways. So they aren't shedding any tears.

They are still making their money and running the show despite the protests. This movement is not really harming their businesses or taking away revenue. Until this happens they won't care. They know if things become violent or when they start losing money the govt will step in and use brute force or enforce martial law so they don't even have to get their own hands dirty.

Eventually these people will have to go home, winter is coming and in a few weeks time it will be too cold to sit outside all day long and camp out. This will be over fairly soon.

At the end of the day this really hasn't accomplished much. The protest while having gained steam has not claimed any real victory or thrown any kind of wrench into the elites plans.

Despite the large numbers of protestors they still don't represent a large portion of the population and the average citizen is still asleep counting sheeple in the dreams.

Our only hope our only solution is a:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The protesters are just broke now, their stomachs aren't empty yet. When their stomachs are empty they will be ripe to vote for another dud. -----------------

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
To me, the confusion and the idea that people are lounging around on the street like patrons of an opium den is a product of the mainstream media.

People are protesting all over America because they're fed up with Wall Street running the government to our detriment. There is nothing difficult, confusing, or vague about it. Muddying the waters to keep more people out of it is a classic disinfo tactic. Apparently it is working very well indeed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Quit crying.
Do something about it.

new topics

top topics

join