It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors and national security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Do protesters have the right to protest when national security is at risk?Hundreds of thousands of demonstrators carring banners and shouting no more Bush are protesting before the start of the Republican covention.The NYC terror level is at orange and police resourses are already strained to capacity do these people have the right to endanger so many people to get thier message out. I understand the right to protest but at what cost if there is a terror attack of some kind?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Exactly how are the protesters endangering so many people?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
do these people have the right to endanger so many people to get thier message out. I understand the right to protest but at what cost if there is a terror attack of some kind?

Hmmm, who do you think should be authorizing freedoms to people here in the US? Are you implying that the government should be giving away and taking our freedoms whenever??

Since when do you put all your faith (blind faith) into the government? I can't believe what I just heard.

And to think there are millions of people like you in this country that are going to vote so that things like this will happen.... My God....

And to think millions of people like you, think this is OK!!! Mon dure...

[edit on 30-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
National security is bush works and the patriot act was bush push for power.

Protestors in this country are doing what the constitution of US guarantees to them the freedom of speech.

I feel so proud that at least we have not lost yet all our civil liberties that the patriot act is jeopardizing since it has been enacted.

Americans are showing that not terrorist or government is going to take our rights of freedom in our democratic country.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In the event of a terror attack with police resourses stretched so thin, covering the protesters and an attack would strain manpower to a dangerous extent keeping the police away from where they would be needed most.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If the republicans spent $15 million dollars on security I would think they would be pulling men in from all over the country...

I doubt we're low on security... They paid for it to make sure these protesters wouldn't disrupt anything, Bush has paid millions more towards national defense so no I don't think so...

You get what you pay for is all it is...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Protesters aren't endangering people by expressing their opinions.

What endangers people is a bunch of brainless morons lying down in the street thinking it's funny to block major streets in Manhattan.

Tell the family of the elderly person who dies because it takes an ambulance an extra 12 minutes to get to their house during a heart attack that you just HAD to lie down in the street to make your point.

Sunday's protest was the right way to do things. The city knows and makes arrangements for emergency vehicles to choose alternate routes in advance. Lying down in the middle of the street spontaneously is not fair, helps no one, and will only hurt whatever cause you think you're helping. Do it like Sunday's. That's the way to go.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sunday's protests were excellent, and someone did the math and it came out being 99.99999% peaceful. (peaceful% = arrested protesters / number of protesters)

I was very impressed. Viva La Revolution!!

top topics

join