It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIARS: TEPCO and MEDIA hide how much plutonium and neptunium released in first 100 hours!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Leaked TEPCO report: 120 billion Becquerels of plutonium, 7.6 trillion Becquerels of neptunium released in first 100 hours — Media concealed risk to public

Mochizuki of the Fukushima Diary website is reporting on a June 2011 document that has been “leaked on the internet” which reveals that Plutonium-238, -239, -240, and -241 were released “to the air” from Fukushima Daiichi during the first 100 hours after the earthquake.

The amount of plutonium released is said to be 120 billion Becquerels.

It also states there was a release of 7.6 trillion Becquerels of Neptunium-239.

Mochizuki says this report was made by Tepco for a press conference on June 6 and the media knew and “kept concealing the risk for 7 months and kept people exposed”.

Now we know how plutonium was found nearly 30 miles away and why they now have stopped searching for it.

See also:

Japan Discovers Plutonium Far From Crippled Reactor

Japan abandons measuring plutonium?!?

COVER-UP: Censorship Beginning in Japan to Hide the Growing Meltdown Crisis?

edit on 16-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Cant say im surprised if this is true....

Disgusting but expected...

Sheeple is what we are. The truth... we`re the last to know. Get used to it

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
That's a lot of Neptunium. 7.6 trillion Bq's?

Good lord man, no wonder they tried to cover that up.

As a strategy, though, I'd say the cover-up has been fairly effective. Hardly anyone even talking about this epic catastrophe anymore. The whole thing has been relegated to the memory hole.

Thanks for staying on this, Loam.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Originally posted by VariableConstant
As a strategy, though, I'd say the cover-up has been fairly effective. Hardly anyone even talking about this epic catastrophe anymore. The whole thing has been relegated to the memory hole.

Exactly! I would have never believed that possible.

It really does mean we are all just strapped in for the ride.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If one particle of Plutonium is enough to cause Cancer in any one individual and if its airborne, what does this mean for Japan and more importantly everone else on the planet?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly does that mean?

How much is not very much?

Can anyone explain it in laymans terms for us who arent upto date on our science type stuff?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Originally posted by andy06shake
If one particle of Plutonium is enough to cause Cancer in any one individual and if its airborne, what does this mean for Japan and more importantly everone else on the planet?

I'm not sure, and I don't think anyone else is yet either, considering the truth is still being hidden or distorted.

But for what it's worth, here are some earlier threads of mine:

The Size of Switzerland!

Children, heart attacks, and Fukushima

New Data Supports Previous Fairewinds Analysis, as Contamination Spreads in Japan and Worldwide

Radioactive iodine has been detected in the thyroids of half of 1,000 Fukushima children

America, "You just can't run!"

Arnie Gundersen: Dangers Fukushima Worse and Longer-lived Than We Think

Fukushima Groundwater Contamination Worst in Nuclear History

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well at least "they" won't have to work too hard in order to depopulate the Earth.

Seems that, if in the years to come, people start dying off in mass numbers...

We will all know why.

Good find.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly does that mean?

How much is not very much?

Can anyone explain it in laymans terms for us who arent upto date on our science type stuff?
It's complicated.

The average human has something like 4400 becquerels of radiation, so that's not considered a lot, unless you're afraid of your own body. But billions and trillions of becquerels is a lot. That's a source measurement. If you compare it to radiation from the sun it's kind of like saying how much radiation comes from the sun, it's a lot.

The next measurement after the source, is how much exposure we have to it. For the sun analogy, you can reduce your exposure to potentially cancer causing UV rays by avoiding direct exposure to sunlight on unprotected skin. In the case of Fukushima radiation, it means avoiding direct exposure to the contaminated areas in this map, and also not eating food grown in contaminated areas:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d0991bd2bb4.jpg[/atsimg]
Driving through one of those red zones is unlikely to kill you, but living there and/or eating food frown there might, eventually. The reason I say might, is just like redheads are more sensitive to sunlight than brunettes, some people are also more sensitive to radiation than others though I don't know of any particular correlation to physical characteristics like the sunlight example. Also, there are likely to be some random deaths globally, far outside that contamination zone.

I don't think anybody can provide a reliable exact figure of exactly how many people will die earlier than they would have otherwise due to the Fukushima disaster. Even though we've had decades to study the effects of Chernobyl there is still a lot of debate on the exact number of disaster related deaths and the estimates have a wide range.

My own personal guess is that the number of deaths worldwide will comparable to Chernobyl, and here are some estimates related to Chernobyl:

Chernobyl Nuclear Accident

Estimates of the eventual death toll from Chernobyl vary widely. A 2005 report by the Chernobyl Forum—eight U.N. organizations—estimated the accident eventually would cause about 4,000 deaths. Greenpeace places the figure at 93,000 deaths, based on information from the Belarus National Academy of Sciences.

Physical Health Effects Linked to the Chernobyl Nuclear Accident:
The Belarus National Academy of Sciences estimates 270,000 people in the region around the accident site will develop cancer as a result of Chernobyl radiation and that 93,000 of those cases are likely to be fatal.
I would guess Fukushima will probably also affect similar numbers, but that's just my personal guess.

So what can you do besides worry? One of the simplest things, is to just wash your hands when you come inside, after handling anything outside. If there's any radioactive particles or dust on what you handled, it's unlikely to kill you if you just wash it off your hands and it goes down the drain. But if you eat an apple and the radioactive dust on your hands gets on the apple and you ingest it, that could give you cancer and/or kill you, so washing your hands is probably the single easiest to control risk factor. I'm uncertain of the safety of Pacific fish right now so if I have to eat fish I might prefer it come from the Atlantic for now. Obviously the highest risk might be fish or other seafood caught near the coast of Japan, near the source of radiation.

BTW I'm a former radiation worker who was licensed to handle radioactive materials, so I had to take training to get that license.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
thats an awful lot of waste they need to try and get rid of....maybe they should mix it with the flouride in our water on the pretence it makes the flouride clean teeth better...shouldnt take much to get it past the general public

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Don't give them any ideas.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks ,Loam,for helping keep this alive .
Here is a chart I came across awhile back.
I'm sure it needs to be updated,but it gives you and ideal about what exposure levels are and how they affect us.

Basic conversions: 1 gray (Gy) = 100 rad 1 rad = 10 milligray (mGy)
1 sievert (Sv) = 1,000 millisieverts (mSv) = 1,000,000 microsieverts (μSv)
1 sievert = 100 rem
1 becquerel (Bq) = 1 count per second (cps)
1 curie = 37,000,000,000 becquerel = 37 Gigabecquerels (GBq) For x-rays and gamma rays,
1 rad = 1 rem = 10 mSv For neutrons, 1 rad = 5 to 20 rem (depending on energy level) = 50-200 mSv For alpha radiation (helium-4 nuclei),
1 rad = 20 rem = 200 mSv

web.mit.edu...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Man O man this just gets worse and worse. I suppose that they knew right off the bat that this was gonna be out of control so the spin and coverup started before the "dust " had even settled. I still want to know what plutonimum was doing in the fuel rods in the first place, and why was it even being used in an area with the potential for violent earthquakes?

Seriously how irresponsible can you get? The people of Japan have my sympathy their government is as crooked as ours.

I have tried to follow this as well as I can. Slowly the truth is coming out. I wonder how much of that made it across the Pacific to us in the Western Hemisphere. Of coarse I realize that they are very heavy elements and would probably drop out very quickly.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Imo. we should wait for a Confirmation of this Claim,
Tepco made so many Mistakes, Misinterpretation and Miscalculation already
that i am always very doubtful of their Press-Releases and mostly wait a few days
to see if there comes a correction or not.

I remember one specific Press Release in June where they announced a Error in
their calculations in a factor of 1.ooo!

Later, this Evening, i will go through this Paper posted on the Fukushima-Diary.com Page
and try to translate it into English for the most important Parts (The Release)
until than it is too early for the Death Cup!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Originally posted by Human0815
Later, this Evening, i will go through this Paper posted on the Fukushima-Diary.com Page

That would be awesome!

Here is the link to the original article:

fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel so powerless. Watching our beautiful planet be destroyed by careless fools!

First they started tearing down our forests at a rapid pace
Then they polluted our oceans with chemical and oil spills
Now the air we breath is contaminated with smog and radiation

Land, Water, Air...victims of our ignorance.
edit on 16-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

That would be awesome!

fukushima-diary.com...

That's not the original.

The original can be downloaded from the source,
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Website, where it has been available since June 6th. (The day the alleged cover up began)

Here's a couple of news stories from June 6th to the 8th that ran in the English media as a result of the report:
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.ibtimes.com...

Perhaps you could change the thread title to something more appropriate, like "WE WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION: TEPCO and MEDIA told us how much plutonium and neptunium released in first 100 hours!!!", because it's pretty hard to call it lying, at least with a straight face.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Human0815

Originally posted by Human0815

That would be awesome!

fukushima-diary.com...

I am deeply sorry but it is impossible for my/ a Wife and me to translate this Paper,
we are very poor educated and this Paper is highly technical!

But the Member above served us by the Newspapers and i remember now that i posted them too
in a different Forum!

The Amounts are still deadly but there is at least a little bit of Hope again

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

U done a very good and important job,
thank you very much!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I've skimmed through this doc a couple of times today, and a few things kind of jump out at me.

First, the fact that when I downloaded it, the filename came up with a (2) beside it - indicating that I already had one. Sure enough, I'd downloaded it a few months back, likely when the story broke. I'd be willing to bet that there was discussion of it in the Big Thread, but good luck trying to find anything in there...

Second, the "100 hours". I can't find any reference to that timeframe in connection to the chart on page 13, which is the only place that shows the elements and their Bq values.

That chart has the following header:
解析で対象とした期間での大気中への放射性物質の放出量の試算値(Bq)

Estimated atmospheric radioactive release over the reference timeframe (Bq) (feel free to add a better translation to that. been a long day.)

The end of the main body of text (page 5) makes reference to NISA/INES estimates on radioactive emissions for the period ending April 12 - and notes that the estimates in their report approach those estimates - so I'm assuming they're for the same period.

I can't see any direct connection between those figures and the graphs that would suggest the Bq figures represent emissions over a 100 hour period. Although several of the graphs are 100 hour, none of them reference plutonium. Or Becquerels.

new topics

top topics

join