It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians! Chris Hedges smacks down Kevin O'Leary [© CBC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is why Kevin O'Leary, like Pierce Morgan, do not belong on television imitating journalists. Albeit, the networks know this and put them up to it.

For my fellow Canadians who don't like hotheaded big mouth Kevin O'Leary on CBC, and haven't seen this, O'Leary calls Chris Hedges ( a Pulitzer prize winner ) a left wing nut bar and gets schooled by Hedges.
Chris Hedges

O'Leary is a major tool in my humble opinion. Nice to see Hedges tear him and CBC a new one.

Sorry Mods, this should be in social issues.

edit on 16-10-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Haaaaaa! I had not seem the video, but it kinda does my heart good to see Leary have to swallow some of his own medicine. I simply cannot watch the man any more. Did your post mention he is also on the American show Shark Tank?

Before it's moved from this forum, here's a link to an article about his failing business performance. It's quite a good read. Cliquez ici You get a S&F for the laugh you gave me.

Just wanted to add that Hedges makes a few important points and despite the rest of it, his message is clear and concise and should not be set aside. He is calling for the arrest of Goldman-Sachs and a dismantling of the banking system as it now exists, in favor of a return to law and order. Now why don't we have more people like him in office?
edit on 16-10-2011 by aboutface because: to add last paragraph.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Oh Shark tank is American? Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Here's one I just finished reading. Pretty much sums up exactly what the OWS is all about. We're living in neo feudalism

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You have to love it when someone is setup to be made a fool of to persue the medias agenda turns the tables.

At the end he says he wont be back. You can bet on that they wont invite him. Would be too much like a news channel then.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Honestly, I think the CBC producers back stage did a face palm when that blew up in their faces. Chris Hedges is a very respected journalist. And to lose him is baaaaaad

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
O'Leary is a successful business man, and by that I mean he's made millions but how we don't really know. For Hedges to present some facts and suffer character assassination like this is indicative of the type of business person and lowlife o'leary is. There's no way he would badmouth cronies like Goldman Sacs, they are like an incestuous family for him.

More importantly he uses the CBC as a platform to attack others. He is smart with money but beyond stupid with common sense. What he fails to see is that the CBC is severely wasted taxpayer funds who's accountability is private and not subject to public scrutiny. The CBC seems to be under the impression that they matter. While true to people trapped in the extreme north with nothing else but ice to look at, the remainder of canada's populace is forced to endure 3rd world style programming and goofy 70's hits. The CBC is a national embarrassment for canadians and only makes appearances due to YouTube replays. That same can be said for O'leary.

brill

edit on 16-10-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Kevin O'Leary is an embarrassment to journalism and i wouldnt call that journalism
thats Yellow journalism if you ask me if Kevin O'Leary hates it so much he can pack up his bags and leave canada, i used respect CBC.

Well after a few i stopped respecting thanks for the reminder thread op on why i should and fellow canadians should avoid CBC for good
that was qutie disrespectful.

Star and flag.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

As someone on YT pointed out, O'Leary didn't do his homework on Hedges. He just treated him like a nobody like some of the guests on Dragon's den. Learned another new word for this guy, neophyte!

It's really too bad CBC has sunk to the same level as FOX. I used to take pride in CBC's unbiased journalism.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oleary and Oreily should get together and spoon at night, whispering sweet nothings into eachothers ear about how fantastic they are at making this world a better place.

Can such men be saved? Soylent green should be their desinty - Recycled for the betterment of mankind.

I look forward to the day when not a single soul is watching the news and its canned.

-GM
edit on 16-10-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ive watched the tv show dragons den and saw O'leary act like an elitist tool many times. The time he trashed someone's idea on a new tabletop hockey then proceeds to laugh and play with the toy as the borken man is told to leave just really made me sick. He thinks greed is productive but its actually destructive imo and glad to see him left with nothing to say but insults.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

What about when he tells entrepreneurs they have spent too much money and should slit their wrist?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Who the hell is this O'Leary twit ? I've never seen him before... and I must say, I'm glad I haven't.

Hedges completely owned this dummy, clearly showing who's got the academic know-how vs. who should be working over at Fox *cough* news *cough*.

You always know who the uneducated and uninformed are. They're the ones tossing around ad hominems in a desperate attempt to discredit the opposition for lack of any intellectually viable argument.

Kudos to Hedges for handling it accordingly and calling a spade, a spade.

Too funny.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

He's a billionaire who got lucky

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So apparently, CBC sent an apology to Chris Hedges:

O’Leary’s ‘nutbar’ remark breach of policy

CBC’s ombudsman says Kevin O’Leary’s heated remarks during an interview with author Chris Hedges violated the public broadcaster’s journalistic standards. The watchdog says hundreds of complaints were filed after Mr. O’Leary called the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist “a nutbar” during CBC News Network’s The Lang & O’Leary Exchange on Oct. 6.

“There is room at the inn for a range of views, but there is no room for name-calling a guest,” CBC ombudsman Kirk LaPointe writes in a decision dated Oct. 13. “O’Leary might have been genuinely curious about Hedges’s views, but his opening salvo only fed contempt, which breached policy.”

Mr. LaPointe says CBC News correctly issued a private apology to Mr. Hedges after the interview but should also have apologized on air.

Mr. LaPointe says e-mailed complaints began to arrive that evening and continued for several days, while video of the exchange was posted widely online. “This Office and CBC News received hundreds of comments, many of them demanding an apology and some demanding that O’Leary be fired for suggesting Hedges was a ‘left-wing nutbar,’” he writes.

It’s not the first complaint over Mr. O’Leary regarding an outburst on the news talk show.

The Globe and Mail

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Awesome contribution! Thanks for that. I am waiting for the day O'Leary gets canned from CBC. Not sure if you're american or not but this guy also co-hosts a financial report with Amanda Lang. Basically it's him vs her regarding the financial state of affairs for 30 minutes.

new topics

top topics

join