It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darth Vader Vs. Thulsa Doom. Who Do You Think Is Badder?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Vs.

Who do you think would win? In a fair stand-up fight or even in a prolonged war of attrition tactics?

Let' look at the tale of the tape

Darth Vader:

Darth Vader is 6' 7" tall. It is pretty easy to imagine that he has a longer reach than Thulsa Doom as he is 6 inches taller. However, I don't think that he outweighs Doom.

Powers:
He is a Jedi and Sith Lord and knows the ways of the force. From the books and movies we know that he can throw objects of all sizes around with the force and he can choke people from a distance. He can also perform impossible feats of acrobatics. He is a heartless killer of whole planets.

Weapon of Choice: The Lightsaber. Better than a Cimmerian broadsword? Well, it can probably cut it and armor in half if timed correctly. Maybe even with wild blows. We'll see.

Armor: He seems to be lightly armored. I don't know how it would withstand the crushing power of 8 pounds of steel though. With boots I imagine he is 7 feet tall or nearly that.

Also, I think it is noteworthy that the people that work for him fear him and probably hate him.

Thulsa Doom:

Thulsa.

He's 6' 1" in bare feet, but in those crazy boots you know he is coming in at about 6' 4" and I bet he outweighs Vader by at least 20 pounds. Reach difference is surely negligible.

Powers:
Thulsa Doom is an evil sorcerer and he seems to come in at least on a par with Vader when it comes to mind control powers. We see him cause people to leap to their deaths with only a gaze and gesture, while Vader has to resort to, apparently, psychokinetically choking people. How will this fare for each? I doonn't kno-ow? Doom typically has others fight for him. But we know that the thing he appreciates the most is good steel. So we know he can fight. It is just that no one can ever get past the eyes to challenge him. Except Conan.

He can also turn in to a Thulsa-sized snake at will. I think this is, if not always practical, at least symbolic of his great power.

Weapon of Choice: Nearly 9 pounds of Cimmerian steel broadsword. Possibly snake fangs. Not sure.

Armor: Heavy, plate mail armor. Much scarier than Darth Vader's.

The people that work for him all love him. It would be impossible for them to know otherwise. Thus is the power of Thulsa Doom. If Conan had not gotten to him imagine how far his power may have spread..

So who would win in a fight of any type?

My money is on Thulsa Doom. I think Thulsa would have Vader on his knees begging for mercy inside a few months. Or if a stand-up fight, well, listen...

Luke got Vader to hesitate fatally just by appealing to the dad thing. Do you think that Thulsa Doom would have fallen for that? I don't think so. I think Vader's mind is weaker than Doom's.

I think Vader would go for the force choke thing expecting to bring Doom to his knees gasping so he can waltz in and slice him up with his lightsaber.

But I actually think that Thulsa would crack Vader's mind and have him weeping like a little girl and then cause him to personally drive an Imperial Battle cruiser into a nearby sun along with anyone else that Thulsa doesn't like.

I'm partial as you can tell.

Plus, Thulsa can turn in to a big snake. If he can hold his breath long enough to do that then I am guessing he can hold it long enough to close with Vader while rapidly hypnotizing him with his eyes and then just beat him to death with broadsword. that's what I think.

What do you think?

edit on 16-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
For beginners, if Vader was to kill Doom, he would be speechless...

And Doom has the hairdo to beat Vader many times over.

But ultimately, Doom couldn't hypnotize Vader as this is for the weak minded, and anyways, his goggles are surely anti-hypno.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thulsa... he had way better orgies and makes a hearty pea & ham soup.

BTW considering both are James Earl Jones, did u know as a youngster he also played Mustafa Mond in 60s version of Brave New World? It was never commercially released, but somehow my high school had a version and screened lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

But ultimately, Doom couldn't hypnotize Vader as this is for the weak minded

I think that Doom would be inside Vader's head, ala Hannibal Lector, inside of 30 seconds. vader is strong but Doom is just Doom.

and anyways, his goggles are surely anti-hypno.

This is pure conjecture.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Thulsa... he had way better orgies and makes a hearty pea & ham soup.

Yehp. I just watched it again on the satellite. It is even greener and soupier now that it has been spruced up digitally.

BTW considering both are James Earl Jones, did u know as a youngster he also played Mustafa Mond in 60s version of Brave New World? It was never commercially released, but somehow my high school had a version and screened lol.

That's a really good story. I have never heard of the film. I will have to track it down.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

But... They are RED! And you know red means bada$$.

On the other hand, Vader WAS under Grand Moff Tarkin, a puny weakling, if there was ever one in the SW universe.
Hmmm...

-------

I'm risking going off topic here, but... Conan would put a leash on Chewbacca for sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Conan would put a leash on Chewbacca for sure.

Yeah, Conan is the deal breaker. He could probably take all three at once. But in terms of Vader I dont think he can hold a candle to Thulsa Doom in the mind powers department.

Vader, for whatever reason, had to disintegrate Alderan. Doom would have had them all doing his laundry inside of a week. Or whatever else he wanted. Unless there was a Conan type around.

edit on 16-10-2011 by Frater210 because: .

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
err... Your Thulsa Doom is kind of a fraud!!! Look!!!

This version of Thulsa Doom is essentially the classic "Conan" villain Thoth-Amon, servant of the serpent-god Set; as such, he appears to be an ordinary human in the film, and possesses the power to transform into an enormous snake.

wiki Thulsa Doom

But in all fairness, it's true Vader is kind of weak minded because he was easily manipulated by Palpatine, to begin with. So Thulsa, even as a fraud, would beat him for sure.

edit on 16-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Your Thulsa Doom is kind of a fraud!!!

Ah, man. I was ready to concede to the red tinted goggles thing but now you have really stepped over the line.

I mean, Thulsa Doom is at least only one generation removed in concept from his original but...

Darth Vader is so abstracted that Lucas had to drag Joseph Campbell in to sort things out for him.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, Ha!. Vader is a greater abstraction of the collective consciousness than Doom.

edit on 16-10-2011 by Frater210 because: Vader = Snake Food

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

edit on 16-10-2011 by Frater210 because: Vader = Snake Food

LOL

Your link is great! It is so great, in fact, I will let you in on one of the thought I had about the meaning of Darth. It means IN, as in INVADER, INSIDIOUS, INMAUL... er, well...

But I just thought... Vader's Spirit survived his bodily death... What about Doom?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

What about Doom?

Ah, well. There is that. Doom stays dead. Thank God.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Yeah. Too much power is like too much sugar; its sure to be your undoing... bummer.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
James Earl Jones would win this fight. (he'd also lose it too but whatever)

Initially, I had been tempted to say Vader, but as was pointed out, he had some serious psychological weaknesses. Thulsa Doom didn't, except for the one time where he got POed because his huge snake got killed. Plus, Doom's people were so fanatical as to die for him (like that huge jump the one woman did) while Vader's didn't; in Return of the Jedi, when Luke is carrying him out of the 2nd Death Star, there's that one imperial officer who is running, turns, sees this, and then just keeps running. That's not loyalty.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
So who would win in a fight of any type?

Mike Ditka.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Good answer.

Now, who do you think would win in a fair fight, Mike Ditka or Conan?
edit on 17-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Is this just because of the James Earl Jones connection or just a random question?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No. I really mean it. I think that Thulsa Doom would hand Vader his head and Vader would thank him for it.

Why? Do you think Vader can take Doom?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Na man, I agree.... Vader is a pussy

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm betting Vader's lightsaber would cut right through Doom's sword (or snake body) like a hot knife through butter....while Doom's sword would likely be deflected by Vader's armor.

Vader's Telekinesis would likely have Doom black and blue before he even reached Vader's position.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Arright,

You think so, huh? As I said before, Doom can turn in to a snake. So even if Vader were to unleash his telekinetic Jedi powers, I believe that Doom would have the supernatural Evil Sorcerer power of being able to withstand the telekinetic assault long enough to get eye contact with Vader. When that happens it is over. Over! I tell you, Gazrok!

Listen to the way that Doom tried to work Conan...

"My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son."

Now we all know how Conan handled this; but he was Conan. Vader, on the other hand, already has issues with this Dad stuff and we have seen that it was his fatal flaw. I am thinking that Doom would work Vader over like a middle aged man at a Bradshaw seminar. Vader would be like," Yes, Daddy Thulsa, I see now how my shame has limited me", you see where this is going.

Look, look how Doom handled a whole population, as I said, Vader had to blow planets up; Doom, on the other hand, wins the hearts and minds of entire regions, and then rapes their lives of any meaning. You know he was working up to the whole planet...

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed."

"You, my children, are the water that will wash away all that has gone before. In your hand, you hold my light, the gleam in the eye of Set. This flame will burn away the darkness, burn you the way to paradise! "

www.imdb.com...

Cultists? He has them...

I am thinking the end result of Vader vs Doom would end up looking something like this.

So, I don't think the light saber would even be a concern.

What say you, sir?

edit on 29-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join