It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citibank physically drag women into bank [video]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If they went there in a large group, the bank had to see it as an organized disturbance.

Looks like this was all planned well in advance, and it even seems that they were communicating with organizers on the phone outside, relaying information about the arrests.

Of course now, more bad press for the bank, and for law enforcement.

That said, that woman should not have been handled the way she was.

The people working behind the scenes orchestrating events like this seem to have gotten what they wanted here, and likely even more than they had hoped for.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Also, remember what B of A did when customers tried to access their accounts online just last week after people started threatening to take their money out? Their site conveniently went down for days?

Citibank will do the same thing if people try to transfer money out...they'll just shut it down until the storm passes, at least that's how the banks look at it. I feel sorry for some of you that will have to go thru this
...because that's exactly what every freakin' bank is going to start doing. The online transfers will not work for the majority of people.

I bet CitiBanks excuse for the treatment of this lady and those inside will be, "we were looking out for our customers safety but they began to disrupt business"

Hmmmm.......

edit on 10/16/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There are zillions of lawyers out there, last time I checked. A lot of them are struggling to find work.

This seems like a good chance for one or more of them to cobble together a nice tasty class-action suit against citi. I am no lawyer, but it seems to me that when a bank refuses to let people withdraw the money they put in, laws are being broken, no? At the very least it looks like false advertising to me.

Any lawyers want to step up to the plate and swing for a nice fat payday...plus some justice?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Personal disclosure - I have worked security for both Citi (although not at a banking center) and BoA.

Now that THAT is out of the way...

The cat in the cute beret that snatched her? looked like undercover to me. At no point did I hear him identify himself, or his standing in the dispute. At no point did I see a badge. IF neither of those things occurred, then as far as I'm concerned he's just another Joe. Cop or not, without that badge on display, he's on his own time as a private citizen.

The INSTANT he laid hands on her, he should have been on the ground fighting for his last breath through a mashed nose and crushed trachea. she was little, he was bigger. You don't play with threats like that, you take them out, and wasted no time getting it done.

Without that badge or an ID, he can TELL you he's the king of the Moon. It remains that in the absence of those, he's not the law.

He's a threat.

I took all my money out of BoA years ago because of their poor business practices and thieving ways. I was so disgusted that I don't deal with ANY banks any more. I can't for the life of me, understand why anyone has any money left in those banks (BoA and Citi) at this late date to even BE taken out of them. It should have been out of there LONG ago.

Now BoA has a class action suit against them, and I stand to get something out of it myself, although I've no clue how much as yet. Whatever it is, it's not going to be enough to be punitive for what they have done. If their doors remain open at all, anywhere, then it hasn't been punitive enough for what they've done.

WHY does any one still have any money IN those banks?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I have to agree. I can't believe no one stepped in to help her. ( I would have ). I want to follow this story, I think it's emblematic of a big part of the problems at hand.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I still think the guy was a perv looking for a feel.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Am i living in nazi germany right now?!? I thought this was the United States of America! More and more will start to stand up for them selves and others when they see things like this take place. What makes them think they can just put hands on someone in the first place. I bet if i were to put hands on them, they wouldn't appreciate it too much. Well neither do WE!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Read your account contracts you signed folks they don't have to give you your money for up to six months to prevent bank runs and you agreed to it.

Now the sort of actions in the video make my blood boil and but what's worse is the cowards who stood thier and took it and did nothing. There is a time and a season for all things and that thug who assaulted and kidnapped the women should have been used to repave the side walk and the cowards inside should have put a chair through the window to get out.

Oh and your local credit union has the same clause in thier account contracts too so your money is not any safer there. Still a local credit union is better then the big banks. However keep just enough money in there to pay bills and that's it. As for city bank and the like just empty your account and never use it again they will close it for you or send them a letter once it is empty closing it.

Why do people think continuing to let these these thugs do what ever they want with no repercussions will change anything? And those that say they should have charges brought whose going to bring them the Police and DA etc? These are the same people who are oppressing you... Wake up...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is completely ENRAGING.

I can't believe those nitwit cops and bank employees SERIOUSLY THINK they're doing the right thing. How do they sleep at night??

I guess we have to remind ourselves that these things are going to occur... they feel threatened, which means WE ARE WINNING. As long as we keep the pressure up and NEVER back down, they cannot win.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Why does no1 ever help?? i just don't get it... :/
If i saw that happening i wouldn't be standing their, be at a citizen or a cop!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

This is why no one does anything

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I just read a story that OWS has 300k in the bank to finance operations ....I wonder what bank that is???

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
"I bet Citibank is paying them."

Of course Citibank is paying them. They're called business tactics. The people being arrested are also paying the cops, though, so that means nothing...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

YOu know, if this happened in any other nation, that guy who man-handled and dragged the woman iaway (reguardless if he was an undercover cop or bank security), would be in hospital right about now with multiple fractures...!!

You just don't treat a woman like that in any circumstance..!! Im sure I saw him cop a feel too as he was dragging her off..!!

WTF is wrong with you Americans?

What are you waiting for?

Another scenario like this, where the bank employee/cop just draws a gun and executes the person instead..?

Even then, you'll probably just bend over and let them gat away with it...lol
edit on 10/17/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Christ on a cracker!! I would LOVE to see this where I live... then those SOBs would end encased in their own pavement! Is that CITIBANK branch still up? I mean, the people didn't set fire on it already?? Ah, yes... that's the good ol' US of A, where people are respecting authorita' and all...

Pussies...

LATER EDIT:

I watched the video many times and it makes me SO angry!

I just can't believe how passive the witnesses can be... HOW on Earth can they just stare like sheep on a such abuse? This is absolutely unbelievable! What are they waiting for? This is kidnapping, molesting, abuse of force and God knows what else.

To me at least, there are things which became clear now. Americans are brave only in their movies, Hollywood crap, feeding the world with a false image of heroes and men with big cojones. They aren't. In reality, they are brainwashed to the point that they could call the police against the police abuse. All the talk when everyone says "Let them try beat my 38" is just talk. Once they facing the reality, they duck and cover, hoping that the mess wouldn't touch them.
Go ahead, be polite and ask for a change with a low voice; you'll get the finger, because TPTB knows perfectly how to put everyone in their place. I can't believe my own eyes seeing how USA became a country ruled by nazi... this is what our grandfathers died for in the WW2?
Slowly but steadily, USA is turning into a country better to be avoided; I am living in a #ty part of the world but I swear to God, if the ambassador of the USA would come to me in person with a 150 years visa for US, I would say "No, thanks" because IMO, better to live somewhere in Africa than in the US of A. And so many people are thinking like this now. No, don't say "Well then nobody is dragging you here to take our jobs!"; that would be just stupid and would only prove my point more. The problem is that you, guys, are ruled by a plethora of nazi scumbags and you seem to like it.
I'm sorry... this isn't another anti-USA monologue but I'm trying to see a MAN there and I can't. In times of needs you find heroes among the worst people, their only advantage being to be against the ones who are ruling now. In other words, choose the little evil to beat the big one. That's not the way. Protesters in Rome were fighting with the police. Why? Because they REALLY had it, that's why. And they also have something bigger dangling on their crotch. Others don't.
Sleep well, America.

edit on 17-10-2011 by shansen because: adding content

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by mileysubet

Get it done I say, break the #ing window you cowards. If your life or liberty is in danger do something about it, don't stand there looking like a fool.
This would be the result if they had of broken their way out of the bank:

1) Cops swarm in and arrest everyone, the energized crowd rushing out of the building will probably resist.
2) It would be easy to say "look, the hippy fools were clearly out of control and deserved what they got".

well, so what? NYPD is completely out of #ing control..this makes me so angry..time for these bullies to get checked.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by R3KR
Just to explore the flip side a little...

What would you do if 30 people came chanting into your place of employment all at once and decided to cancel their accounts ? Seriously what would you do ?

Who ever touched that women at the end needs to be terminated though.

edit on 16-10-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

What would I do? We live in the free world supposedly, I would let them close their accounts and be on their way.

What they did was both illegal and immoral.

People need to remain calm, and start documenting all this. Stay peaceful, and respect the police as misguided as they are. We cannot give them a reason to declare martial law, that is obviously what they want.

You all have an obligation to tell people that are waking up to remain calm and peaceful. We need to drive this into peoples heads, and make sure they understand the ramifications of not remaining calm and peaceful.

NYPD has been neither calm, nor peaceful. if I were locked in that bank, I'd be in jail right now, because that #ing window would've been DOWN. locking those people in there, holding them against their will is a crime. every person who participated in that act, cop and civilian alike, need to go to jail for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Reading all these threads lately has made me think....

Kinda makes a mockery of your National Anthem.... And reminds me, what was the Boston Tea Party for again..... Oh thats right so that bankers could have a nice place to live and subjugate it's population for profit.. Kinda makes British Rule look a whole lot rosier don't you think
... Somehow don't see this kinda of subjugation in any of the Colonies today do you?

p.s edit It is in fact Kidnap cut and dry, that ladies in for a nice pay day sometime in the future.

edit on 17-10-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
I just read a story that OWS has 300k in the bank to finance operations ....I wonder what bank that is???

Amalgamated Bank which is a union-owned bank.

Here's a link to the source: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's Kidnapping and Assault!...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join