It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citibank physically drag women into bank [video]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by idunno12

If she was part of the protest group that was inside and left the building, but not the premises, she could still have been considered a trespasser and thus detained, by the undercover cop... Not condoning it, just wondering if that's how it will be slanted.

That is what I thought,
but this is new york city, shops, banks, restaurants all share the same side walks.
The lady was on a public sidewalk it appeared.
That is why I am having a problem grappling
that around my head.

After further review of another angle, the bank stands alone
on its own little piece of *property*. I guess they could *LEGALLY*
say she was still on bank property. The situation was not handled
very well, the ass hole should of just made the arrest where she was standing,
instead of grabbing/pushing her and having all the pigs RUSH in behind.
Very distasteful. I did not hear the plain clothed officer even say that he worked for the
police department.. Looked like a mob of swine running after her

edit on 16-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by idunno12

If she was part of the protest group that was inside and left the building, but not the premises, she could still have been considered a trespasser and thus detained, by the undercover cop... Not condoning it, just wondering if that's how it will be slanted.

That is what I thought,
but this is new york city, shops, banks, restaurants all share the same side walks.
The lady was on a public sidewalk it appeared.
That is why I am having a problem grappling
that around my head.
edit on 16-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Not only that, but if you listen to what they say, after she shows him that she is a customer, he asks her to come in the bank. She refuses and starts to actually walk away when he grabs her and drags her back.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I would like to see the law that allows that guy to assault her. He was obviously a cop; you can see him verbally identify himself to the white shirt, the white shirt says something and the cops immediately do the dirty work. I hope she sues them for false arrest. This is going to get ugly real soon, the cops just don't get it, they never have and never will. I'm going to east coast for the holiday season, I think I'm going to go up to NYC for a couple of days to support the movement.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just to explore the flip side a little...

What would you do if 30 people came chanting into your place of employment all at once and decided to cancel their accounts ? Seriously what would you do ?

Who ever touched that women at the end needs to be terminated though.

edit on 16-10-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Fro what I have seen there is about several laws broken here , one of them is a felony.

If the officer really knew who made the decision to call them and why. I know the officer would have never shown up. The officer do have to show up though it's there job; they should have evaluated this situation first by asking questions inside the bank.

edit on 16-10-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

let me just say this. you do not know Citibank like I do. There was a reason for this. law enforcement was there tool this time. Citibank managment does read the boards on the Internet also.

evil people they are. you don't know the half it on what they stoop too.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
What would you do if 30 people came chanting into your place of employment all at once and decided to cancel their accounts ? Seriously what would you do ?
If I was the director of a bank I would give them their damn money back. Not doing so would be a little thing called theft.

EDIT: And as for your crap about them only wanting media coverage (which I think you edited out?), if I wanted to close my account with a bank I wouldn't try to make a scene and get myself arrested. The bank is holding my money after all. I'm sure those people just wanted their money. And besides, they wont get much MSM coverage if the the only camera in the area is a phone! If CitiBank had of just closed their accounts one by one there wouldn't have been a problem. But oh no, they can't have that. They have to be big tough guys and call the cops instead of acting morally. Banks disgust me.
edit on 16-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

probably change my business practises

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

They will make sure you won't have nothing left for you to take out thus, leave you with a negative balance. You cant close your account until you pay them . Citibank was caught with no plan in place to prevent the protest start of closing accounts. so they call the police. that's a new low for them .

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Citibank managment does read the boards on the Internet also.

Good, then they should know that I'm appalled in the
way that they actually kidnapped this woman and held
her against her will !
I can't believe that Citibank thinks that they are above the law.
Time to
Boycott Citibank, I hope that they read this !

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
~

Banks are locking out customers to prevent them from
withdrawing money ? ? ?

The time has come asp.
Close your accounts,
switch to small community-credit-unions.

edit on 16/10/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiZKiD111
reply to post by avwood

Your only hope is another BIG consciousness shift to occur, so start 'praying.'

Yep, because a few thousands years of praying seems to have changed things...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Banks are the scum of the earth...they want your money, when TSHTF don't doubt they will take your money line their pockets and ship off to Cancun or Caymen Islands and leave your sorry butt flat broke and in dire straits!!!! Get your money out now...even if you have to just write that check to the credit union to open the account there!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Banks are the scum of the earth...they want your money, when TSHTF don't doubt they will take your money line their pockets and ship off to Cancun or Caymen Islands and leave your sorry butt flat broke and in dire straits!!!! Get your money out now...even if you have to just write that check to the credit union to open the account there!!!!
There was a very interesting comment on the 1st page of the other CitiBank thread. The poster mentioned how a lot of credit unions actually store their money with larger banks, and that many credit unions are actually owned by bigger banks. So how does one avoid that problem? Choose the right credit union I guess. I would rather choose bitcoin!

edit on 16-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

There was a very interesting comment on the 1st page of the other CitiBank thread. The poster mentioned how a lot of credit unions actually keep store their money with larger banks, and that many credit unions are actually owned by bigger banks. So how does one avoid that problem? Choose the right credit union I guess. I would rather choose bitcoin!

what that person is talking about is wrong.
banks can operate the credit union, but never profit from it.
many credit unions are small community based, a small amount of research should find most people a very suitible credit union

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

There was a very interesting comment on the 1st page of the other CitiBank thread. The poster mentioned how a lot of credit unions actually keep store their money with larger banks, and that many credit unions are actually owned by bigger banks. So how does one avoid that problem? Choose the right credit union I guess. I would rather choose bitcoin!

what that person is talking about is wrong.
banks can operate the credit union, but never profit from it.
many credit unions are small community based, a small amount of research should find most people a very suitible credit union
Well if larger banks hold the assets of a credit union they could use those funds to make profit from investments and stuff like that. But I'm not really sure if larger banks do hold the assets of credit unions like that poster claimed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Well if larger banks hold the assets of a credit union they could use those funds to make profit from investments and stuff like that. But I'm not really sure if larger banks do hold the assets of credit unions like that poster claimed.

true, but i think the more money the banks make on it the more the credit unions make so its still going to benefit you a lot more then being in a bank.. they would use it to make profit im pretty sure of that, why else would that run a non for profit co-op if they couldnt make money..
but once again if people research it would be very easy to find a local credit union not operated by banks..

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98

They will make sure you won't have nothing left for you to take out thus, leave you with a negative balance. You cant close your account until you pay them . Citibank was caught with no plan in place to prevent the protest start of closing accounts. so they call the police. that's a new low for them .

Well, if this was a "plan", then there may be "conspiracy" to start a run on banks, and that could be some serious charges....just sayin....I don't know the law here, but it could be something...

A little background on bank runs from the Depression era, and these people could be seriously trying to undermine American economy with this stuff.

A bank run (also known as a run on the bank) occurs when a large number of bank customers withdraw their deposits because they believe the bank is, or might become, insolvent. As a bank run progresses, it generates its own momentum, in a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy (or positive feedback): as more people withdraw their deposits, the likelihood of default increases, and this encourages further withdrawals. This can destabilize the bank to the point where it faces bankruptcy.
A banking panic or bank panic is a financial crisis that occurs when many banks suffer runs at the same time. A systemic banking crisis is one where all or almost all of the banking capital in a country is wiped out.[2] The resulting chain of bankruptcies can cause a long economic recession.[3] Much of the Great Depression's economic damage was caused directly by bank runs.[4] The cost of cleaning up a systemic banking crisis can be huge, with fiscal costs averaging 13% of GDP and economic output losses averaging 20% of GDP for important crises from 1970 to 2007.[2]
Several techniques can help to prevent bank runs. They include temporary suspension of withdrawals, the organization of central banks that act as a lender of last resort, the protection of deposit insurance systems such as the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation,[1] and governmental bank regulation.[5]

[1]

Many of the recessions in the United States were caused by banking panics. The Great Depression contained several banking crises consisting of runs on multiple banks from 1929 to 1933; some of these were specific to regions of the U.S.[3] Banking panics began in October 1930, one year after the stock market crash, triggered by the collapse of correspondent networks; the bank runs became worse after financial conglomerates in New York and Los Angeles failed in prominently-covered scandals.[14] Much of the Depression's economic damage was caused directly by bank runs,[4] and institutions put into place after the Depression have prevented runs on U.S. commercial banks since the 1930s,[7] even under conditions such as the U.S. savings and loan crisis of the 1980s and 1990s.[15] The Depression's bank runs left a lasting mark on the American psyche, exhibited in sometimes disturbing images such as the bleak scenes in the movie It's a Wonderful Life,[

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well, if this was a "plan", then there may be "conspiracy" to start a run on banks, and that could be some serious charges....just sayin....I don't know the law here, but it could be something...

clearly law is irrelivant and justice doesnt exist if banks get away with what they do..
they get off scott free in the worlds biggest scam simply because governments and authority are just as much a pawn in that scam as the 99%
vive la revolution.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
In this day and age, unlike the depression era, the customers can go open an account wherever and then go online and transfer their money to their account elsewhere without ever going to their physical property, After that, send a certified letter closing their account. Regardless, they will have their money out of there. Anyone can do this with a savings or checking account. I suppose they will kill their servers if enough money is being drained out, but they can't stop the withdrawals eventually. And Citibank just comitted suicide by doing this, especially on camera. As more and more people see this and it hits the news, they won't be able to keep the bank open. And Congress passed a law that there isn't supposed to be any more bail outs by citizens money. We will see if that holds water, probably not.

As for kidnapping. That depends on who grabbed her really. Moving someone by force, even from one room to another in a building, is kidnapping. But, if it was a law enforcement officer, technically he could say he was arresting the person and there was hostile crowds outside that was endangering their saftey, so he forcefully moved her to a safe area to effect the arrest. I guess we will find out if he was law enforcement or some rent a cop, because that is Federal law and when attorneys and the MSM starts looking into it, who knows what will happen. She could end up suing in civil court and it cost CitiBank a whole lot more than if they had let her, and probably the others take out THEIR own money.

I am very irate about what I just wittnessed. That was complete BS to the MAX!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join