It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Toronto Pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
About 3000+ people showed up, some are spending the night, Police say they will not raid camps this weekend. Here are some photos I took, I chose black and white since it was a muggy day, enjoy

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I really wish the thread pages were wider

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
5th picture down, whats with the fine print? does that lady really expect people to see that tiny writing?

many of these signs resemble the ones homeless people hold as they bum change....just a piece of cardboard with some sloppy, unaligned, text thrown across it.

at least in the 60's they painted flowers and peace signs and whatnot...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UnrelentingLurker

Take notice of the really beautiful signs, they are there too.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I really like how the photos are black and white... it gives them more of a "natural" and "authentic" feel -- which is something often missing in modern photography -- everyone just takes crappy pictures and then edits the hell out of them with photoshop.

Looks like quite a turnout. The lady in the fifth photo with heaps of writing on her sign summed it up best; There's just too many issues!
edit on 15-10-2011 by fallethix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

What does it matter what the sign looks like? To me, the beauty is in the message. I don't need to be distracted by pretty pictures, I gave up picture books in grade school....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The message is to those who can see, not to those who are blind....only one can view if one opens ones eyes!!!!! so OPEN YOUR EYES!!!! and the message will be clear....keep them closed and stay inside the gates with the sheeple.....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So Canada and the US are now on the same page. The small bickering and name calling can stop for a moment while we ALL join forces on what is REALLY important.

We are all in the same boat and that small thin line at the border is NOT important right now.

Peace to our American brothers and sisters. We're with ya!

Jude11

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fallethix

Thankyou!

I shoot in black and white when there is no direct sunlight, sort of a rule of thumb, unless I ramp up the colour settings I will end up with muggy photos when its muggy out. A little colour is nice though.

There was a decent turn out, less than I thought, but tomorrow may be bigger, upwards of 10,000 people are expected, and if things continue to get worse, the movement will grow; I have mixed feelings about that.

in regards to the sign, I must say many signs were really in need of some TLC, straighter letters and all that.... others were simply brilliant. I love how everyone is recognizing their own different agendas, there was open mic the entire day, aboriginals, doctors, environmentalists, poets, all sharing their side with warm admiration. Its too bad the media cant get it through their thick heads that there are too many issues to give it the label they are looking for, calling it a muddle of ideas. One thing people are clearly agreeing with accross the globe is the failing financial system, and corporate greed, that is as consistent an idea as its going to get. People are all different, each with different reactions to the same cause.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
here is a video to show roughly the turn out at the park. There was a march too I will look for a vid.

if I messed up the embed LINK

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Wow, beautiful. The message cannot be more clear...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am on my way down now, going to take more photos and share tonight.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
has anyone yet figured out exactly WHAT is being protested against?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good to see photographer is sensitive to identifying protestors where possible.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I dont like getting up in peoples faces, even with a zoom lense, but some people are simply wonderful for photos and I cant resist.

top topics

join