It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it ain't Dutch it ain't Much!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
De Zeven Provinciën class Frigates

Capable of tracking and destroying 16 ballistic missiles at once!

edit on 16-10-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am 3/4 Dutch by blood. I have always been fascinated by the country, and wanted to move there when I retired. Now, I am not so sure. Oh well, at least I still love the music that comes from there.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Enough war and power, lets do History:

History of the Netherlands in 5 minutes:

Some (don't attaque me!) people say the best admiral in history was Michiel Adriaenzoon de Ruyter, and even the best navy compared to time NOT to size or percentage was the Dutch navy (nice words, but it ain't buying me a ticket to a palm island!)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I live here and I'm not sure either, but you remind me of one thing.. How could i forget the national anthem!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
08.00 A.M. Second bottle of cognac... Hmm Anthem.. It'stime to meet the royals:

Here is how they move around (golden carriage at 4:50):

Well , they do have cars also ;-)

You can say much about our Queen, but she is a hard working woman, renowned of her knowledge of affairs!

Also she has, as many ATS members will know, a large Bilderberg connection, as Prince Bernhard ( Her father) was one of the founders, and HKH Beatrix is still one of the prominent members. I Searched for a short clip of her attending a B. meeting, but somehow it dit not turn up in my search results, strange... because I watched numerous clips over the years. Anyway... the sun in coming up..maybe tomorrow or later.

Prince Bernhard precides the first Bilderberg meeting in1954:

HKH Beatrix following her fathers footsteps:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Still many things to cover...

1. We have nukes also! At Volkel Airbase we have (American) nukes, although not officially of course ;-)
Unfortunately I do not know if we have independent power to use them.. I guess it would take some phone calls ;-)
Personal note: It wouldn't surprise me if Obama have to call Bea in order to use them ;-) Niets is wat het lijkt!

2. There are numerous secret organizations in which the Netherlands and or the Royal family or, representatives of the Netherlands take part. ( Knights of Malta, Scorpio, EU (And i mean not the publique front) ! etc. etc. )

3. Money talks, for a few decades, The Netherlands has been one of the largest investors in the US.

4. Whatever a more awake reader brings to the table.

Disclaimer: This is not a scientific report, people are free to correct, adjust or add information, but be aware of our hitmans if we don't like it!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I know.. You think a country the size of a city can't have all that !

But yes... we have also the largest harbor in Europe, Rotterdam Harbor.

Wikipedia:

But the essence of Rotterdam is its huge, modern port. The largest port in Europe and one of the busiest ports in the world, the port of Rotterdam was the world's busiest port from 1962 to 2004, at which point it was surpassed by Shanghai. Rotterdam's commercial and strategic importance is based on its location near the mouth of the Nieuwe Maas (New Meuse), one of the channels in the delta formed by the Rhine and Meuse on the North Sea. These rivers lead directly into the centre of Europe, including the industrial Ruhr region.

With all that water, our coaches float of course:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Talking about large stuff..

One of the largest companies in the world: Royal Dutch Shell

Shell: Royal Dutch Shell, commonly known as Shell, is a global oil and gas company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands and with its registered office at the Shell Centre in London, United Kingdom. It is the largest energy company and the second-largest company in the world measured by revenues and is one of the six oil and gas "supermajors". It is vertically-integrated and is active in every area of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation and trading. It also has major renewable energy activities, including in biofuels, hydrogen, solar and wind power. It has operations in over 90 countries, produces around 3.1 million barrels of oil equivalent per day and has 44,000 service stations worldwide. Shell Oil Company, its subsidiary in the United States, is one of its largest

Of course being this large, it has it's fair amount of controversies, scandals, spills and rumors.

Lately the Canadian arctic is being "mined"

As well as the Arctic deep see isn't safe:

EPA grants air permit to Shell for Arctic offshore drilling off Alaska coast

Being this large, you will need the largest ship in the world:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Netherlands and US relations:

Not many know The Netherlands had a great influence in building the cradle for present day U.S.

From Wikipedia:
History:

Flag of NY city.

The U.S. partnership with the Netherlands is one of its oldest continuous relationships and dates back to the American Revolution. Starting in the late 16th century, the Dutch and other Europeans began to colonize the eastern coast of North America. The Dutch named their territory New Netherlands, which became a province of the Dutch Republic in 1624.
The Dutch colonial settlement of New Amsterdam later became New York City. The present-day flag of New York City is based on the flag of Republic of the United Netherlands.
The Netherlands was the first European country to grant diplomatic recognition to the U.S., which appointed John Adams –- who later became the second president of the United States –- as the first ambassador. On 19 April 1782 Adams was received by the States General in The Hague and recognized as Minister Plenipotentiary of the United States of America. The house that Adams purchased in The Hague became the first American embassy in the world.

And still remember we are dat little red dot on page one:

The Netherlands is the third-largest direct foreign investor in the United States,[1] and Dutch holding companies employ more than 650,000 Americans.[2] The United States is the third-largest direct foreign investor in the Netherlands. According to a study by the Dutch Embassy in Washington DC[1], Dutch-U.S. economic ties result in the employment of more than 700,000 Americans. This is the result of the combined figures of investment from and export to the Netherlands.

edit on 25-10-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
We do not have any dangerous animals around here, besides a non deadly but poissenes snake (adder), i guess the ladies are the most wild things around here.

We do however have the dutch lion:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ofcourse we also look forward:

INTO SPACE ! A Combination Airport – Spaceport

Under development is the Dutch Spaceport, located at Curacao, a Dutch Island in the Caribbean.

Caribbean Spaceport’s mission is to develop a spaceport facility on the Netherlands Antilles island Curacao in order to service the exciting new and upcoming Personal Space Flight market as well as the Scientific and Educational market, the expanding Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Small Satellite market and Rapid Response Launch market. more..

Dutch space port

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One of the above vids was removed, so here is it again:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join