It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Attorney Attacked and Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
OWS Attorney Representing Protester Run Over By NYPD Cop On Motorcycle

What do you think about this?

Interesting to see what happens with this case!

Will post results here.

GO GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OccupyPlanet

Who's that guy at 1:10?
How did he (the guy under the cop bike) get blood on his face? AND he got arrested for it? lmao, why not.

There are several videos of police using their bikes to bump and run into protestors, which is an assault if any of us did that. Technically, if I hold my arm out and block your forward progress movement, it's legally considered an assault.... a local court magistrate told me this. The police follow orders, they aren't paid to think.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What do I think about it? The same thing as a bunch of other ATSers and reporters, it's fake. The video and witnesses say he put his leg under the scooter and could do it because the officer is moving more slowly than a walk. There's another thread on this somewhere.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Looks completely fake to me. Also realize that if the tire were on his leg the bike most likely would have fallen over by itself. Even if he were run over it certainly didn't seem to be intentional.

That's a lawyer? Dumpiest thing I've seen in awhile. Would not want her representing me. Can't even wear a decent set of clothes to a TV interview representing her client
unprofessional.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Dear Domo1,

You might be right about the lawyer's professionalism. It's been awhile since I was in school, but the Lawyer's Guild people at that time were always talking about changing the system and their recruiting posters had the black fist on a red background. Most of us didn't take them too seriously.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It doesn't look like he was necessarily "ran over" by the tire.

But it does look like his pant leg cuff could have been tangled in the sprocket or chain on the bike.
I've had it happen, and it can mangle you bad.

That could possibly explain the blood on the ground after they move.

Also, as soon as he kicked the bike off of him, one of the officers pulled his baton out and was launching a swing at the guys face, right as another officer stepped in front of him.
It could be staged, or it could be legit.

Still pondering...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This disgusts me, judging from this video, it just tells me that these cops are paid by the corporations to do their bidding!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Unvarnished,

Please forgive me, I don't understand your position. Would you mind explaining it again?

You seem to be one of the very few people who believe the lawyer was run over, is that what you're saying?

Are you also saying that the police, paid by taxpayers, got special bonus payments from some business with the instructions to roll over people at very slow speeds?

Charles1952

new topics

top topics

join