It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All children should be revered as our ultimate and perfect connection.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

On Children
Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

www.katsandogz.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Each child is a nacient universe, trembling with potential.

Very little makes me happier in life than the free and wise play of children. They are a reminder of what purity can be. And as we grow older, bitterer, more sullied, we need such reminders more and more often.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My oldest once ate her own poop when I left her in her playpen for 5 seconds oh.. about 17 yrs ago. Revere that perfect connection all you want.....

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
My oldest once ate her own poop when I left her in her playpen for 5 seconds oh.. about 17 yrs ago. Revere that perfect connection all you want.....

and whats wrong with that?

its a convenient way to get rid of stomach infections. if anything this just shows the childs natural survival knowledge.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

My 4 year old just asked me just last week if a trillion dollars would be enough to feed all the hungry people in the world. I told her "yeah, probably many times over". She then went all quiet and left the room.....

We'd just been watching a news report on the rising cost of the 'War on Terror'.

Sorry your children are so preoccupied with their own sh*t. I think that's the problem with most people these days....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If they're so "spiritually connected", then lets leave all of them to run the world for a year as a cohesive team.

How do you think that would pan out?

Scenarios and outcomes welcomed!
edit on 17-10-2011 by stellify because: spelling!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I agree, this is what fuels my other side knowng the ills done to the children of earth both above and below ground. So something has gt to suport them from a aggressive angle RIGHT? Its like when I think of the deep underground bunkers made for some who may be adults and the thought of those chldren left outside or above w/o any support fires me. good OP

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
If they're so "spiritually connected", then lets leave all of them to run the world for a year as a cohesive team.

No pointless wars and free candy for all - I'm in

Actually I think the world is already run by children - fat spoilt and greedy ones who bicker and quarrel and play toy soldiers with real lives to try and get the biggest slice of pie, instead of concentrating on what really matters - having fun and experiencing life. You seriously think real kids are gonna do any worse....
edit on 17/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

My 4 year old just asked me just last week if a trillion dollars would be enough to feed all the hungry people in the world. I told her "yeah, probably many times over". She then went all quiet and left the room.....

We'd just been watching a news report on the rising cost of the 'War on Terror'.

Sorry your children are so preoccupied with their own sh*t. I think that's the problem with most people these days....

ROFL!!!! an infant ingesting something new is a preoccupation? SO much for you comprehending a joke, a set up, and not going out of your way with a BS story.Unfortunately the jokes on you my friend. Probably smart for you to try a lot less to offend others and look before you leap.
. You see, coprophagia among infants is pretty common. In fact, most mammals engage in it at one time or another and is not only a perfectly natural thing, but it is a tactile experience that those with higher functioning brains crave. WHen they are immobile as small infants, they have to satisfy this desire to experience the world around them with whats close at hand and in arms reach. They go on to other things to satisfy the exploration of their own bodies and surroundings later.This is why children play with blocks and seek out new tactile sensations.. some more than others. Most dont sit in front of TVs that ever accomplish anything in life. Its probably a GOOD thing for you to educate yourself and not respond with complete BS lookie at me we are enlightened stories when you dont even know the smaller more common things in life that effect your species

I KNEW some dim bulb would come off with an "Im so enlightened and so is my little snowflake" post as we discussed in skype chat. I was the perfect candidate to do it because #1.. many here knew mine really did eat poop.. and #2.. many here really do know my oldest is a highly gifted young woman

Have I mentioned my youngest who exclaimed her main focus in life was to be a "Toy Player" when she grew up and what mischief she has gotten into?:lol

Anyhoo, Im telling you ALL children are not to be revered and not ALL children are anything more than parrots who their pseudo-intellectual parents are convinced are intellectuals. I can probably teach my own ( terribly cranky and contrary) Amazon parrot to recite pi to a thousand places, but it will never see it any deeper than that. There are some incredibly extraordinary children out there, you just have to look at them in ways you may not have known to look because you yourself are uneducated concerning development of the human mind and evolution of intelligence. Those that are not as "smart" as others shouldnt be discounted... and "smart" isnt the end all of human existence. Not knowing things does not translate into being worthless to our species. It takes ALL kinds to make this world twirl. But setting a kid up for failure should be punishable by death... as many parents do by convincing their kid he or she is a uber genius snowflake when they are simply average.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Am very with you on that.

It's very easy to get carried away with the romanticism of what you want something to be rather than what it actually is.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

This is what I mean. You really need to be able to see more than this when you look at a child.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

Am very with you on that.

It's very easy to get carried away with the romanticism of what you want something to be rather than what it actually is.

You tell me what a human "actually is" and you might have something there.
Right now...not so much. You should get carried away and romanticize what rare and precious gifts children are. Just don't get too "romantic" in your romanticizing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iamdavid

The arrogance of this statement is laughable.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Or better yet, let's buffoons like you run the show.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

ROFL!!!! an infant ingesting something new is a preoccupation? SO much for you comprehending a joke, a set up, and not going out of your way with a BS story.Unfortunately the jokes on you my friend. Probably smart for you to try a lot less to offend others and look before you leap.
. You see, coprophagia among infants is pretty common. In fact, most mammals engage in it at one time or another and is not only a perfectly natural thing, but it is a tactile experience that those with higher functioning brains crave. Its probably a GOOD thing for you to educate yourself and not respond with complete BS lookie at me we are enlightened stories when you dont even know the smaller more common things in life that effect your species

I KNEW some dim bulb would come off with an "Im so enlightened and so is my little snowflake" post as we discussed in skype chat. I was the perfect candidate to do it because #1.. many here knew mine really did eat poop.. and #2.. many here really do know my oldest is a highly gifted young woman

Anyhoo, Im telling you ALL children are not to be revered and not ALL children are anything more than parrots who their pseudo-intellectual parents are convinced are intellectuals. I can probably teach my own ( terribly cranky and contrary) Amazon parrot to recite pi to a thousand places, but it will never see it any deeper than that. There are some incredibly extraordinary children out there, you just have to look at them in ways you may not have known to look because you yourself are uneducated concerning development of the human mind and evolution of intelligence. Those that are not as "smart" as others shouldnt be discounted... and "smart" isnt the end all of human existence. Not knowing things does not translate into being worthless to our species. It takes ALL kinds to make this world twirl. But setting a kid up for failure should be punishable by death... as many parents do by convincing their kid he or she is a uber genius snowflake when they are simply average.

Sorry for any offense caused. I guess my lack of smiley face emoticons and the angry squirrel cartoon possibly made it seem more offensive than sarcastic which is what I actually intended.

But it works both ways. See what you saw as a joke, myself and probably the majority of posters here saw as denigrating a really lovely thread.

Possibly as I’m not in your ‘Poop-eater to child prodigy’ circle as you claim many here are, I may have missed the joke. But I do find your inferences that I don’t know the first thing about child development because I made my kids play-doh instead of letting them go ‘au naturale’, quite laughable. I am quite aware of the poop eating habits of mammals having done some biology in the not-to-distant past.

I’m not quite sure what a ‘BS lookie’ is but I’m in no way claiming myself or my kids are growing up to be the next Dalai Llama. The story is true, but I did neglect to mention that my youngest has for some reason began hitting her kindy mates, or that I found the eldest (the one who asked me the trillion dollar question) slowly dismembering a cockroach the other day as it wasn't relevant.

Kid will be kids, but to see them as just kids, which too many people do (and what I originally thought was implied in your OP), does both them and the worlds future a great disservice. They should be one of our main priorities if we want to undo the massive damage our generation has done to the world. But they’re not. The education system is screwed, teachers are over worked and underappreciated.

I also find the amount of back flips you’ve done in your response kinda amusing as well a little hypocritical. You’ve gone from

to

You see, coprophagia among infants is pretty common. In fact, most mammals engage in it at one time or another and is not only a perfectly natural thing

and

There are some incredibly extraordinary children out there………….Those that are not as "smart" as others shouldn’t be discounted... and "smart" isn’t the end all of human existence……………

in just a few short paragraphs. Amazing.

Finally I think the fact that many parents treating their kids as ‘simply average’ instead of being an uber genius snowflake is probably doing the kid far more a disservice than the other way around. Its only when you start saying ‘you’re an uber genius snowflake…….as long as you become a doctor or lawyer or that it okay to bully others because you’re better than them or I’m not going to discipline you cos ur so smart; that this becomes a problem. What I think your implying here are parents who spoil their kids. And if that’s the case then I totally agree.

edit on 17/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: spelling and deleting smiley face emoticons

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazanoom

Or better yet, let's buffoons like you run the show.

So, tell me why it would work rather than just seeking to bait me?

Is this a place for discussion or insult?

Feel free to counterpoint it with an idea of how you think it would run with buffoons like me?

Use all your powers of imagination!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

Dominance and will to power are indications of spiritual disconnection, as they are associated with the reptilian brain. A "child" would have no such desire. What part of the New Testament did you not understand? Christ had no desire to rule this world, as evidenced not only by his teachings, but also in the temptation by Satan ( serpent, reptilian). This was man's fall, as Adam and Eve obviously fell for the snare of the tempter (reptilian), and experienced this same spiritual disconnection afterwards.

The reptilian brain has no regard for the child, and hence the child abuse and neglect by those who are spiritually disconnected. This is also evidenced in the Church, where domination and control have spiritually disconnected it's "elite", hence the sexual child abuse.

The anger displayed in your avatar, and in your posts (at least in this thread), are evidence of your own spiritual disconnection, and dominance of your own reptilian brain. I say these things with love, my friend, and hope that you will address these issues at some point in your life. We are all subject to this reptilian side, and it is this that we must all overcome on the spiritual path.

I will await your insults, because that is your nature, and the tree is known by it's fruit.

Something you may not realize is that Jesus always spoke in parables and never spoke plainly to the masses. This he reserved for his Disciples.

edit on 10/18/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We were all children once and we can still remember what it was like to be a child so in that sense we are all part of the ultimate perfection. But it is awakening the mind through meditation that connects you to the spirit.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
Upon our path into the age of enlightenment or "golden era". Children should be revered as the most spiritually connected. They are the ones that recently came from the source and are not influenced by government, laws, religion, hate, fear. They are literally the closest connection that we have.

It saddens me that so many people abuse children. If they only knew what they were really doing.

"Be as a child"...I'm sure we all know who said that!

I just wanted to state the obvious.
edit on 15-10-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

Be as a child...not only does it say that - I believe it says "UNTIL you can be as a child..." as if it is sort of the secret or the next step to our evolution. Perhaps this was from a race that knew? I think it is possible. Until we try innovative ways to preserve and nurture a child's unique capacity to co exist - instead of systematically culling out and silencing that adaptability we might succeed instead of fail as a species.

If we listened to the mouths of babes, STOPPED overriding their superior abilities, replacing their accepting and forgiving ways with our own tainted, narrow, limited methods, view points and solutions - we might finally learn the secret to life on earth. The ability to cooperate among ourselves may be a vital, essential, survival technique that sets us apart from the animals. If we DO NOT embrace it and nurture it...it may wither and die taking us with it. This is why I think I recall saying this may be the most important, meaning consequential, thread of all.

I just now ran across this story in science daily. Children start out collaborative beings and it is bred out of them so by the time they become adults - many are no longer collaborative but jaded and isolated. I am finding this as evidence it is a necessary skill beneficial toward our thriving, if not our very survival.

ScienceDaily: Children, Not Chimps, Prefer Collaboration: Humans Like to Work Together in Solving Tasks -- Chimps Don't

Researchers from the MPI for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig and the MPI for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen have now discovered that when all else is equal, human children prefer to work together in solving a problem, rather than solve it on their own. Chimpanzees, on the other hand, show no such preference according to a study of 3-year-old German kindergarteners and semi-free ranging chimpanzees, in which the children and chimps could choose between a collaborative and a non-collaboration problem-solving approach.www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

These videos all show how naturally awesome, unconcerned about "politics" or correctness most all kids are. They are not afraid to show love and displeasure - they are simply not afraid. Funny how you grow old and afraid. Well not THAT funny.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join