It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[#OCC] Miniature Occupation in Montreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I did make it through traffic. Yes, I finally made it to Victoria Square. The people in the street have lovingly renamed it “The People’s Square”, for this very unique and special occasion.

But...what people? I left work, ran home, marathon showered, rushed out, drove fifteen miles and this is it? A few hundred people? One thousand perhaps? What the heck happened to the 99% ???

Because this is the reason I came here. I want to be part of that !!! The 99% !!!

I want to climb at the first streetlight a la Crocodile Dundee and yell at the top of my lungs...”Enough of the Greed !!!”...”Enough of the Slavery !!!”...”We want our Freedom back !!!”...”We want our Government back – A Government of the People, by the People, for the People!!!”...”WE WANT OUR LIVES BACK !!!”...

But something just doesn’t sit right ! There are more policemen than protesters here...It takes me a while to realize that the 99% has turned out to be a small percentage of a percent...I swallow my pride as best as I can. There is just no way I’m going to start yelling. This is way too peaceful and quiet ! I might as well paint a red and white bull’s eye target on my torso !!!

And who are these people protesting anyway ?? A few elderly people, probably bored sick of staying home...a few college kids with signs that say nothing new...a lot of bystanders that, like me, seem to wonder what they’re doing here...A few guys and gals with Guy Falkes masks...oh, the Irony !!!!

Strange that Ste-Catherine Street has more life any other working day ! It must be because it’s a Saturday...and it’s cloudy...and it’s rainy...I mean...99%...who called this shot?? The TV Weather guy that predicts probabilities of sunshine and is always wrong ?? This is just so, so depressing !!!!

So, I walk around a bit...throwing smiles at others...one way smiles by the way...feeling like I’m out of place...and soon to be out of patience...The bar terrasses on the street are covered for the rain. People have gathered in them, drinking a few beers, eating chicken wings and nachos, watching the nice LCD TVs that are put in evidence for customers to see, having fun. There are more people watching those – whatever they’re watching – than walking with us...My patience has limits !

I need a beer !!!! Badly !!!

I leave the crowd less crowd and make it to the first bistro...I sit down near the street...order beer and wings...listen to people sitting around me as they wonder what the people walking on the street are doing ! – sigh - It makes me wonder if they have “running tabs” in this place ! One beer isn’t gonna cut it !

And as I start relaxing...as I start to get my good humor back...it dawns on me ! I have been a very infinitesimal part of a Glorious Event...a Worldwide Event...an Historical Event !!! Occupy the World !!!

And I smile to myself...I somehow feel that there is Hope.

Yes, oh yes, I do hope that I have some Tylenols left at home when I get up tomorrow !

Occupy Montreal they said ! Be part of the 99% they said ! Make a difference they said !!!

Waiter ??

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Most well written one I have read yet. Except for a few issues with punctuation, you are good to go.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Thank you for the nice reply ! I appreciate it !!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but most people in Quebec just haven't woken up yet. The pressure is not like the rest of the world. Canada has been doing pretty well these last years. And...

You know who I would protest against? Quebecor
They have every MSM is Quebec, ALL OF IT. Radio, tv, magazines, name it.

Has an artist, seeing what passes on Quebecor's controlled media makes me puke.
Peladeau's empire is masonic I'm pretty sure of it and almost all their suppose to be artists ( pawns ) suck.

Quebec is still half darkened from the dark ages when it comes to world economy and politics. People mostly don't care at all and Quebecor is one of the reasons why Quebec is closed on itself.

I'm actually impressed if a 1000 people went, I doubt I will, I'm not that close to Montreal...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

You do realize that this is just a story. I did not go to Occupy Montreal.

I just checked the news on the net and they said that the turnover in Montreal was disappointing. And I got the picture, along with the Victoria Square being retitled part from the article. The rest is simply my imagination.

And I disagree with your perception of Quebec and it's people. But that would be for another thread all together as this is just a short story made up for an ongoing contest.

Thanks for coming by and sharing your opinion none the less.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You paint a very possible result of any protest........... and managed to interject some real humor ....... another rainy day, better luck next time -- part of the human condition. Good story!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you !

I had two stories in mind. One really tragic (post apocalyptic memories) and this one with humor.

I opted on humor...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Nothing wrong with putting in two stories.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I sort of got the feeling like you were nonchallant, having a beer and eating while the protest was going on...

I liked that part where you noted that there were more police than protesters !

I found it a little hard to flow because of the punctuation.... either way. I enjoyed it so thx

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thank you for the feedback ! Much appreciated !!

And I am glad you enjoyed !

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
YEAH GO MONTREAL

JEAN CHAREST OUT

Ill miss the protest .. im working near the Bell Center
start at 2 am and finish at 11
i feel more sleepy then anything else lol

I went to a protest when Bush was making a speech inside queen elizabeth hotel
beside place ville marie
they burned in front of me a bush puppet .. it was beautifull

hundred of shoes were flying into the riot cops

Here in Montreal we know how to say ITS ENOUGHT to corruption

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Jean Charest...

Here's one money & power hungry corrupted puppet if I ever saw one !!!!!

The thought of protesters throwing shoes at the police for a Bush manifestation made me smile. And every time I think of the Queen Elizabeth Hotel, I think of John Lennon's famous Bed In...Sweet memories !

Thanks for dropping by, Friend !!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is great, bro! Honestly, it's better than mine because you descriptions are much more rich and detailed.

S+F.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

We will have to agree to disagree...
Your story is still my favorite in the lot and I do wish that you get much more flags than what you already have !

And I thank you for your kind comment. It is much appreciated !!!

new topics

top topics

join