It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Square has been occupied! This needs to go Viral!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I went a bit overboard in my first response, sorry about that. It's just I differ with you in opinion on the state of affairs and how it should be handled if need be.

You are right, if you are American you should try to uphold the constitution. I am Canadian, but trust me we are all in the same boat. Things are not that good if you look around the world. It appears that you are military so you have probably traveled and experienced exactly what I mean.

I do not want this whole situation to take a turn for the worse and get violent. But the people are sick of it. And it's most likely going to get a lot worse.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz

That`s alot of OWS protesters!

Also check out this video

There`s a local Occupy protest in my city here in Vancouver, attending it in a few hours.
edit on 15-10-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

That is Broadway, between 50th and 51st and NOT Times Square.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It's a lot of people. Make them use chapstick.
Everything will remain tender and moisturized

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I think he fails to realize that the reports say the police BARRICADED the protesters...

honestly who in this thread wouldnt expect to be pushed against a line if you get barricaded?

link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

The people of the world are finally waking up. These protests are gathering momentum and people who are connected using the world wide web are watching and joining in with these protests. This isn't a fly by night protest that some posters here want you to believe. People are angry and are tired of being used by the bankers, corporate elite and government officials.

I loved the second video you posted. That's the way humanity should be! Governments of the world cause us to go to war with each other. We kill our brothers and sisters because of conflicts, political bickering and land that belongs to all of humanity. The military and police of this world are being trained to control the human race to keep the select few in power. The police and military are being used as pawns just like the majority of the human race.

S&F for reminding us how humanity should stand together for peace and justice for all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
some white shirt cops starting crap.......... again
www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

They aren't taking no crap from the cops, they are not budging!

Check that link projectvxn. It will drive you nuts

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Seems they keep calling in more nd more paddy wagons as them fill them.

www.radioreference.com...

occupystreams.org...

About o start here also.

www.livestream.com...

Both are New York locations different spots though.
edit on 15-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I feel bad for you

I feel even sadder because you have no idea why I feel bad for you

I wish you the best.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As long as it remains peaceful I don't care how the protesters approach protest. I do NOT want to deny anyone or any group the right to protest so long as they follow what the Constitution prescribes. PEACEABLE ASSEMBLY.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Man watching the livestream and I gotta say I won't be surprised if this gets really ugly. Protesters refusing to listen to commands and move back. The police have been saying step back from the barriers or you will be arrested for 10 minutes. Ample warning in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If some people would post less and listen more things would be *alot* worse at this point. Look, I come from a family of LEOs. I'm the first male child in four generations to buck the trend; that was a conscious decision when offered the chance to wear that badge. Why? I was advised. A sheriff and deputy sheriff both resigned, albeit at different times, because of the corruption. That sheriff and deputy sheriff was my great-grandfather and grandfather, the latter telling me "an honest man has more to fear from his fellow lawmen than the criminals..and that was in 1962. It's worse now, son."

I have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears the corruption that infests the law enforcement community in this country. I know good and well that verbal instructions have been given on how to goad the protestors into action. Why? Money. Each prisoner brought in equates to more tax dollars that can be used to help prop up failing local budgets.

Perfect example..just this past week a mayor ordered the police to stand down and they refused. Seattle I think..bear with me I'm having some dental issues right now and hydrocodone (prescription, ATS..don't blow a gasket) affects my memory. :p How much money do you think will be tacked onto the budget request this year for all the prisoners? How much more for the riot gear? What about tasers?

Point being is that it started out as a peaceful protest. Peaceful protests require little police oversight. Potentially violent protests require more. The last protest created a budgetary wish list for future protests. This protest will create an addendum to that budget, and so on and so forth until finally you can't cross the street without being eyed by a cop that thinks you're a subject, not a fellow citizen.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Holy just watched that lives new feed, some cop just told two rows of cops blocking the protesters to not stand in their way!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
well done for making people late for work.
i wonder when the 99% will realize 98% percent of them dont really care.
edit on 15-10-2011 by lacrimosa because: ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join