It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had been deceived - My visit to an OWS protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

I could not agree with your position more........but how do we take advantage of all the attention that is being garnered on this movement and possibly redirect it?

Isn't that precisely what you, I, neo, 3rd eye, projectvxn, and countless others in this site are doing? Are we not using our own power of speech to convince people to act?

even someone who is so opposed to weapons/violence will pick up a weapon to protect their young infant from imminent danger.....................so, even if opposed to the current protest, how do we use them to create an even better situation??

In my struggles to be a better man, I have learned to be as gentle as possible in doing right. I have learned to never will, manipulate or coerce where simple persuasion and patience will do. I have learned that he who conquers the universe, does so by not conquering it, and I have learned to fight so I hopefully do not have to.

Never use anyone who has not expressly asked you to use them, and even then, it would be most prudent to consider the consequences of using another, even if it is their express wish.

Peaceful revolutions take more time than reigns of terror revolutions. The first is arduous and takes much discipline, the latter is messy, violent, and tragic.

Violence must always be a last resort. Long before that last resort, there are plenty of avenues to take to affect meaningful change, and again, non acquiescence to tyranny is one of those avenues.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Thought i have been focusing on what's right this nation's survival and this goes back to something is said earlier the individual succeeds so will the country and of course how we get there is always the debate some look to others what i think is people need to start looking to within.

The American spirit with their hands out to no one carved out their existence of nothingness is what American's need to return to which was a point already made even a wise man can see using other to prop themselves up will always end in failure.
edit on 15-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Have you ever ever considered that you might be wrong? I thought not. Proceed.

Can you, for even a single second, consider the dripping irony of this statement?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

No, I have not. I have stood up for the rights of others against the cops and WON.

You may be right. but supporting a movement that is, to me, obviously being co-opted by leftist anti-American organizations and people, is simply not something i can do.

I do not like being used.

And contrary to some of the commentary on my motives(not by you) I am not a shill for banks, I'm not a fascist, and I'm certainly not a pseudo-conservative simply because I do not want to be used by the handlers of OWS.

I don't latch on to movements for the sake of it. And even the Tea Party, a loose network of individuals that I do respect, have drawn my ire from time to time on the hypocrisy shown by some of it's members.

I try to be consistent. And I try not to jump on whatever band wagon is popular just because everyone else is.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Thought i have been focusing on what's right this nation's survival and this goes back to something is said earlier the individual succeeds so will the country and of course how we get there is always the debate some look to others what i think is people need to start looking to within.

The American spirit with their hands out to no one carved out their existence of nothingness is what American's need to return to which was a point already made even a wise man can see using other to prop themselves up will always end in failure.
edit on 15-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

not sure I understand all of your post............but it was worth noting, but.havent the elite proped themselves up on the least of us for generations??

Parker
MTUBY

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

mmm, voting fails, its time to put the hammer down and take real action. some of us voted for change, but other mudducks just voted for obama just cause he's black, Oprah did along with all the other mudduck sheeples, shame on the mess anyways.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

No, I have not. I have stood up for the rights of others against the cops and WON.

You may be right. but supporting a movement that is, to me, obviously being co-opted by leftist anti-American organizations and people, is simply not something i can do.

I do not like being used.

And contrary to some of the commentary on my motives(not by you) I am not a shill for banks, I'm not a fascist, and I'm certainly not a pseudo-conservative simply because I do not want to be used by the handlers of OWS.

I don't latch on to movements for the sake of it. And even the Tea Party, a loose network of individuals that I do respect, have drawn my ire from time to time on the hypocrisy shown by some of it's members.

I try to be consistent. And I try not to jump on whatever band wagon is popular just because everyone else is.

I commend you for standing up for others..............and I agree with you about the tea party, my belief is that they have been hijacked by the rep. party...............but, perhaps thats because people like myself chose to ignore them because of some of their beliefs/ spokespersons.

looking back, maybe I could of made a difference if I had become involved with them instead of just finding fault??

Parker
MTUBY

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It's good that you went down there for yourself. I've been telling people on this website who regurgitate the corporate media "hippie" and "anarchist" talking points to just go there for themselves and see what the occupy protests are all about.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Please don't flame me, I was going to go to the protest in Sacramento, but on the news when they asked these guys what the agenda was, the guys both said it would be revealed in due time.

Only my opinion but if people are just protesting to say they are doing it, but yet they know not why, doesn't it weaken the true message the protest is supposed to be sending?..or am I missing something?

Once again, not trying to be difficult, I am actually quite interested in all this, especially with new protests happening elsewhere it seems.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

In other words people need to take care of themselves before they can even think about taking care of others and that is a popular misconception the success of the elites or the so called wall street evil doers makes money off the sweat of cheap chinese labor that every single OWS protester and everyone else in between profits from and buys their products.

Their success is from them escaping the bonds of the American Government now if people did that they would be prospering.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarlia

The occupy protesters (at least where I'm at) do not trust the corporate media, and don't want to give the pundits talking points with which they can bash and smear the movements. If somebody wants to know what the protesters are upset about, don't flip on the mainstream media and expect honest facts, go there for yourself and find out.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What I've seen is a bunch of hippies.
Guess its town dependant.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

post removed by staff

Okay, let me consider if I am wrong about gray being a mixture of black and white. Hmmm. Nope, it appears this is correct.

Now let's consider my assertion about middle grounds. If North is up top, and South down below, and East to the right, and West to the left, what is left? Could it possibly be middle ground? Oh, I don't know, I could be wrong.

Am I wrong about Congress defining corporations as a person?

U.S.C. Title 26 7701

(a) When used in this title, where not otherwise distinctly expressed or manifestly incompatible with the intent thereof— (1) Person The term “person” shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation.

U.C.C. Article I Part 2 Section 27

(27) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity.

Oh damn, will you look at that! I just happen to be right again. It is not that I have a problem with being wrong, it is just that on this issue, I am right.

Should I continue, or would you rather I spare you further humiliation?

edit on Sat Oct 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I am planning to, tomorrow, it was just a very strange thing to hear on the news..I'm not surprised that my town didn't get the information right or didn't care too much, it was just a bit of an eye opener to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don't know about that.

I believe the Tea Party have stuck to their guns. That's why both the republicans and the dems are blaming the tea party over the downgrade of the US credit rating by S & P. Both the republicans and democrats want to discredit the Tea Party because they cannot continue to fleece America with them standing over their shoulders.

Republicans are good at preaching fiscal conservatism until they have to deal with real fiscal conservatives.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am glad to hear that you took the initiative to go and see for yourself. In my opinion, a lot can be learned from your experience. Number 1 is that people are not listening to what others have been saying, when they tell us that the depiction by the MSM of the protesters is completely wrong.

The other thing we can learn is that the MSM blatantly LIE, or use tactics to belittle the protesters in an attempt to put a negative light on the movement. Hopefully your experience will teach others to stop ignoring what the PEOPLE are saying, while in turn listening to the MSM. That is a recipe for failure imo.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

In other words people need to take care of themselves before they can even think about taking care of others and that is a popular misconception the success of the elites or the so called wall street evil doers makes money off the sweat of cheap chinese labor that every single OWS protester and everyone else in between profits from and buys their products.

Their success is from them escaping the bonds of the American Government now if people did that they would be prospering.

are you seriously suggesting that every american just open a company............go to china and use their cheap labor...........everyone is now an elite........problem solved??

perhaps you need to clarify.

Parker
MTUBY

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Its interesting that the NY OWS is handing out free meals three times a day.

That in it self will bring out the bums and people like students looking for handouts

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I don't know about that.

I believe the Tea Party have stuck to their guns. That's why both the republicans and the dems are blaming the tea party over the downgrade of the US credit rating by S & P. Both the republicans and democrats want to discredit the Tea Party because they cannot continue to fleece America with them standing over their shoulders.

Republicans are good at preaching fiscal conservatism until they have to deal with real fiscal conservatives.

I am confused.............could you show me one tea party candidate that is not running under the republican umbrella??

if they are seperate then why would'nt their affiliation say so? they all seem to be running along with the republicans.

Parker
MTUBY

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join