It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had been deceived - My visit to an OWS protest

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ok feel obliged to chip in again here.
I am not one of the 1% by any stretch but am very comfortable living in UK. My partner and I do own more than 1 property and have both worked all our lives barring the occasional gap after redundancy.
I pay my taxes (like i have a choice lol) so I would not say i am a liberal/leftie or commie or whichever other term you wish to use or right wing. In fact depending on the subject like many people i 'side' with what feels morally correct to me - which politicos happen to agree with me on each particular subject is to me irrelevant they mainly seem interested in lining their own pockets.
Also many ATS'ers say we should be doing something - these people are and like a stone rolling down hill momentum is gathering - we need people from every strata of society to join together and take a stand against the wholesale corruption of those who run this planet.
Government is supposed to be for the people and we the people are the only ones who can make this happen by taking to the streets and boycotting those mega companies who think they should make all the rules. If we stop their income they will quickly become powerless.

I did participate in the Occupy Rome demo a couple of weeks ago and there were people there from all walks of life from the young to the old, scruffy to smart they were generally in a good mood but united in their anger against the PTB.
Sorry this has ended up just a ramble lol

i guess my point is that people across the globe seem to be finally waking up to the fact that the msm etc have been lying to us for years about what is actually going on and are getting off their backsides and at least trying to do something about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have previously made a case FOR an aspect of the OWS because reducing corruption in the political and corporate spheres WAS a noble element of the cause. However, that part of the message is now gone. Yesterday I visited the local Occupy protest and it's simply full of losers who want everything for free and to work for nothing. They are the parasites of society. I herewith withdraw my support of the Occupy movement.

What I would like to see, despite the idiocy of the Occupiers, is more transparency in government and corporations. I would like to see corporations being forced to remove their puppeteer hands from the puppet government representatives so that we can once again have a representation for the people and by the people -- not by the corporations and for the corporations but don't tell the people. That would be a good change.

The Occupy movement as it has devolved into today is a disgrace to the American soil. Send them all the Russia or China if they're not happy here. That's my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Pictures from a local grass roots OWS protest.
I attended this, but these aren't my pics.

Pictures from an OWS protest that I attended (thought the pictures are not mine).

And awesome shirt worn to OWS protest ( I went out and bought this shirt after seeing it, but more importantly these guys ARE bipartisan)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm still not sure. I have seen photo's everywhere of a guy #ting on a police car, sex on the pavement, stealing stuff and videos charging police.
edit on 2/11/11 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yup, there are a variety of people involved. Its not one set ideal. They have to work out what it is that they want and are doing. Til then...they are night stick fodder

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In my small town they occupy the area in front of the banks. I found that they were mostly unemployable because of strangness. Only one guy looked like he could be a respectable speaker.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was the same way about the Tea Party movement. After actually going to the local one, I realized that it was not what the MSM stated it was. We don't have an OWS movement here where I am at (at least I haven't heard about it if its here in my smaller city). I have been on the fence with the OWS and still will even with your report until I go to one myself. I don't plan on the 4+ hour drive to the closest major city I know of that has one anytime soon with all the overtime I'm getting.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join