It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 People Arrested at CitiBank (NYC)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

Great satire lol.

reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I hope it doesn't come to that, violence will only give the MSM and those that are being protested against more power to shut down, undermine and ridicule the movement.

reply to post by DangerDeath

I know right? lol

reply to post by svetlana84

Thanks for the info

We can't know for sure what happened inside beyond where we can see through the window and even then we can't know what was being said on either side. The bank says the protesters were being disorderly. The protesters say they were not. We do however see what happened outside which was completely unacceptable.

reply to post by chrisbking

It's really not hard to see what this is all about. People ignorantly say there is no message, they are right...there's several. People need boxes to place things in to maintain logic, there isn't a box big enough.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This movement can go various directions, many of them unfortunate.

If you are a police, national reserve or military you should join.

Those that will fire you right before retirement, who will gamble with your pensions, and who will not think twice about gambling your retirement money are the once ordering you to surround, beat and arrest protestors.

Protesters who are protesting against injustices done to YOU as well as to them.

When you beat them you are beating your sisters and mothers and children. You are beating the people you swore to protect, at the orders of the criminals you should be protecting them from.

You know this is truth. It can be seen in your faces on the videos, in the squares.

Lying in bet at night you are questioning yourselves.

And you are afraid to go against your orders. You are afraid to lose your jobs and not be able to take care of your families. But everyone is. At some point you have to fight through the fear like you do when you go after a criminal and do whats right.

If all of you stand together, and together with the world, the fear can be conquered.

The job of the governments, the police, the military, and all of us, is to help keep us FREE, not to keep us safe.

YOU are the 99.

There will be more.

Diogenes the 99

diogenesthe99.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

There was a video of this earlier...at least them being denied entry which to protesters meant being denied the ability to close their accounts. Granted they could legally go to any other location (as long as not clearly protesting) and close their accounts.

These protesters were stupid...or simply wanted to be martyrs for dumb people who would get angry about this.

I hate the banks and support many of the ideas being thrown around at these protests...but intentionally getting arrested it not one of them. What they did is essentially enter a bank as a mob. It was bank property, private property, so what did you expect?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

pretty much sums it up what happened

from the other video. this is probably going to be happening all over US on a daily basis from now on.

so, demonstrations aside, the bank runs have actally started.looting and martial law imminent

It has happened in boston, they arrested hundred people from occupy.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Kali74

Yes - Its private property and as such you can be asked to leave for no reason at all. The people can close their accounts provided they behave. If the engage in action the bank doesnt like, they can be told to leave, and refusing to do so will result in tresspassing charges and peace disturbance.

Just because you have an account somewhere doesnt mean you can behave in any manner you chose.

True, but if history has taught us anything. To incite the mob is to bring about your own demise! Why would Citibank provide ammo! When peaceful protest make no difference violent insurrection is not far away!

Citibank is one of the subprime 25 and as such should be razed to the ground in my opinion!
edit on 16-10-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

The banks are NOT afraid. You can be sure that all of this is being deliberately manufactured.

So you're saying the banks can somehow control the populace? I think you're crazier than me. So they are controlling the people to smear their own name? Are you insane? This isn't controlled by anyone or anything. This is the people, the crazy lunatic people that we all live with getting fed up with the system.

What are they trying to manufacture exactly? Their own demise? Lol........

Yes, I am absolutely saying that they control the populace - and they appear to have pulled the wool well and truly over your eyes. If you read up on how the NWO plan was designed then you'll see that it's very obvious.

They originally created TWO ideologies: Communism and Capitalism that cover both Left and Right which close together around society like a giant pincer. It's clever how they've seemingly pitted one against the other and yet both ultimately lead to the same goal - a people's revolution.

Christian G. Rakovsky, one of the founders of Soviet Bolshevism, admitted this in his interrogation in 1938:

"Do you not think that Lenin spoke nonsense? No, for him every reality; every truth was relative in the face of the sole and absolute one: the revolution. Marx was a genius. If his works had amounted to only the deep criticism of Capitalism, then even that would have been an unsurpassed scientific work; but in those places where his writing reaches the level of mastery, there comes the effect of an apparently ironical work. "Communism" he says "must win because Capital will give it that victory, though its enemy." Such is the magisterial thesis of Marx...

Can there be a greater irony? And then, in order that he should be believed, it was enough for him to depersonalize Capitalism and Communism, having transformed the human individual into a consciously thinking individual, which he did with the extraordinary talent of a juggler. Such was his sly method, in order to demonstrate to the Capitalists that they are a reality of Capitalism and that Communism can triumph as the result of inborn idiocy; since without the presence of immortal idiocy in homo economico there could not appear in him continuous contradictions as proclaimed by Marx. To be able to achieve the transformation of homo sapiens into homo stultum is to possess magical force, capable of bringing man down to the first stage of the zoological ladder, i.e. to the level of the animal. Only if there is homo stultum in the epoch of the apogee of Capitalism could Marx formulate his axiomatic proposition: contradictions plus time equal Communism"

This comes from a translation of Ch. XL of a book which appeared in Madrid in Spanish as "Sinfonia en Rojo Mayor" - search for it in English, it's called "Red Symphony". I strongly suggest you read it.

They WANT people to open their eyes - that is why they gave us the Internet and social networking sites, to "spread the message" - or do you really think it's all for our own personal entertainment??! Their principle idea is to create revolution. The revolution will allow society to collapse so they can take-over. The most famous example is the Russian Revolution where the 'people' took control in February 1917 only to have the Bolsheviks snatch it easily from them in October. Let's face facts, ordinary people are disorganised and very, very stupid - they can't handle a revolution. The only ones who nearly accomplished it were the Anarchists in Catalonia in Spain in 1936 - but in the end, they never stood a chance. And neither will the OWS.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Patriot Act was invented by the British...

Ever Heard of These this is were the Patriot Act Came Floating Up to the Surface ! like what you See
in a Torlite as the Constitution is Being Attempted to be Flushed Down

These Below were the Early Pre Stages leading to the The Patriot Act

Just Take Out Communism / Un-American and Replace it with Terrorist

Same S*it Different Routine

McCarran Internal Security Act
en.wikipedia.org...

Enabling Act of 1933
en.wikipedia.org...

Espionage Act of 1917
en.wikipedia.org...

House Un-American Activities Committee
en.wikipedia.org...

[as there is many sites of the Parallels of the Patriot act and Enabling Act here is One of them ]

Shocking Parallels Between The US Patriot Act & the Nazi Enabling Act
www.newmediaexplorer.org...

The United States Patriot Act Vs.Hitler's Enabling Act

Down with the Federal Reserve ! Why Worry of People Closing Accounts !

As GreenSpan have Said They can Always Print the Money!

Greenspan: US Can Pay Any Debt It Has Because It Can Print Money To Pay It

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
As much as it would have been better for the OWS cause for this incident to have been a blatant injustice, I just had a quick look on reddit and found this video of what happened in the bank prior to the OP's video. Sad, really.

Edit: This does not excuse, in any way, what happened to the woman outside the bank.
edit on 17/10/2011 by rozetta because: Edit is shown

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Here's the video of inside the bank and the woman customer who was manhandled by 5 cops 'outside'
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rozetta

THanks Rozetta for posting the "inside" video.

Clearly no one wearing a mask, one guy wears makeup, but well in NY should not be surprising.
As well no "rioting" of any kind.

I can somehow understand the bank, if they don't want the people in the bank, as well filming they do not like.
But standard and reasonable proceeding would be to kindly ask the people to leave the bank (private property and all), if they do not leave, the securities could lead them out, like you would do in any bar or club.

Arresting the people ist just really over the top. Not to mention arresting a normal customer, the woman who was exiting the bank and does not seem to belong to the "protesters".
edit on 17-10-2011 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I can't take credit for finding this, another member did and posted it on a duplicate thread that was closed

They were not arrested for closing accounts (which is a silly claim to begin with) They were arrested for basically taking over the bank and infringing on the flow of business and the rights of the OTHER citizens....Last I checked the bank employees and other customers are part of the 99% too
edit on 10/17/11 by Cinaed because: fixed vid

Edit- sorry about a double post of the vid, didn't see it when I posted. The main point to me is the protestors are not the ONLY people with rights in this situation, and they trampled on the rights of others when they crossed the line and took the protest inside the bank.

edit on 10/17/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

But laws vary state to state. I am not at all familiar with NY laws but I can say if here in my state a group entered a business and pretty much took over as in disrupting the flow of business and seizing control of the situation they would all be arrested, no ands, ifs or buts about it.

The interesting thing about rights is we ALL have them, not just those claiming to be 99% of the country. If they REALLY were representing the 99% this would not just be about their student loans. Don't get me wrong I see the reasons they are upset about the whole higher learning sham, however....this does NOT represent all of us. If they want national support they need to protest for the interests of the nation, not just their generation.

Trampling on the rights of others is not an effective way to bring others to your point of view... just sayin

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

I too am a business owner. I sure as hell though am not going to lock them in until the police arrive.

Do you NOT see the basic difference?

They are not under law to be able to hold you like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I have a coffee shop in Michigan.

Most if not all of my customers are waiting to see if this does any good.

If it does not then they are ready to release hell.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

My guess is locking them in is what the police instructed security to do.... I am certainly interested in finding out, that's for sure!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
that is the thing i find bizzare: the bank wants the people out (which, as i stated before, i can understand), but locking people in, when you want them out ? just nonsense.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rozetta

Thank-you for posting that video. It's dissapointing of course as a supporter, but the truth has to be out there and it can serve as an example of what not to do. It is not ok to break the law no matter how much you disagree with it, it is not ok to infringe on others rights while to trying to gain your own.

Ultimately there's a right and wrong way to do things. This is the wrong way. OWS can do and is, better than this. As a supporter and would be active protester, I will be vocal about these points.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I hope you do, and I hope you tell them MANY Americans that don't support them would....if we really believed they want to represent the WHOLE 99% and not just get their student loans set. As long as student loans are their main focus they really aren't the 99%, nor are they standing up for anyone's interests but their own

I also think they can be better than this....but I am not sure they WILL be, hence....no support from me

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's the thing about the whole student loan issue:

These kids went to college in order to get a better job and make more money in life. Now they are having a hard time finding work so they want to gripe about corporate greed and demand their loans to be somehow lessened or paid for as it's corporate greed that is responsible for their debt. The issue is the people got student loans because they were greedy and wanted more money.

Why is it bad for corporations to be greedy with interest rates on loans but not bad for the kids that got student loans to do go to school to make more money because they were greedy too? Greed is greed.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84
that is the thing i find bizzare: the bank wants the people out (which, as i stated before, i can understand), but locking people in, when you want them out ? just nonsense.

locking them in can be construed as detaining them until police arrive, which is legal.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join