It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 People Arrested at CitiBank (NYC)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
The banks are afraid. With current state of the economy, if people start pulling out their money the banking sector could collapse starting a world wide run on banks everywhere.

Not a dig, you at least are thinking but you don't get it.

Banks are not interested in the paper they print or digits on a machine, they want hard physical assets and it is they who will decide when they want to cash there chips in and not us but i think they have worked out that someone is pointing a gun at them under the table so they will more likly try to say they are going to visit the little boys room and make a run before anyone has time to react.

All these scum leaders like Tony Blair will run for mexico (Israel realy) and thats why these jewish bankers have been allowed to mass 200 nukes just incase we come after them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

As a business owner I will tell you that should you come to my place of business and engage in disruptive, loud, or otherwise inappropriate behavior I will tell you, and if need be force you, to leave. My business is my property and you will conduct yourself in a civilized manner and not interfere with the operations of my business or its out the door with you.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well I followed the link to the video and have to say it was boring. I would like to note that its not hard to see why "peaceful" protests are often broken up by police. Calling someone in power a facist is just stupidity at the highest level. Do protestors really think that kind of thing will reverse wrong thinking? I'm sorry but it just seems confrontational to me, and indeed pointless unless your point was to be abused.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
reply to post by Kali74

There is one thing that has me interested in the bank thing. So these people went in to pull out their funds? and were arrested. Well you can't be arrested for pulling out funds, so they had to trump up something else in order to charge them with. Easily done now days. However, once the money is out ....it is in your pocket. A few hundred or even a few thousand no problem but if you have tens of thousands what will you do with it?
suppose you move it to a Credit Union. Most credit unions do not keep their money just lying around in vaults. they have some but 99% of all of their funds are kept where? You guessed it...in the big banks. so unless the Credit union uses a small local back as their own depositor for their account, your money is still invested in the big banks. Use a credit union only if you are aware that it is invested in small local banks and those little banks have no connections to the big ones. Provided you are told the truth even if you ask.
In other words, these big banks "own" the credit unions by holding their money.
It very well may be that that credit union will deposit your money right back into the bank you just removed it from. I don't have a clue what to do about that, but I do know we got real trouble. Nothing is sacred now, nothing is safe from the Elite.
DH

I live in farm country and know for a fact that my credit union does not invest in Wall Street. Most of their business is operating loans to farmers, with the rest being car and home loans for members.

I would guess that the metro CU's have no choice to but to invest in Wall Street.

Ask, they have to tell you where they put their funds.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
According to NYDailyNews.com 24 people have been arrested for criminal trespass and resisting arrest. Still waiting for more info.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by DerekJR321

As a business owner I will tell you that should you come to my place of business and engage in disruptive, loud, or otherwise inappropriate behavior I will tell you, and if need be force you, to leave. My business is my property and you will conduct yourself in a civilized manner and not interfere with the operations of my business or its out the door with you.

Thank you. This was exactly the point of my last post. NO ONE has a right to go into a business and stir up trouble. And if you do,depending on the situation,you should expect to either be asked to leave or have the police called on you for actin like an idiot.
edit on 15-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
While I support the movement, I agree that doesn't give anyone the right to go into a business (even a nasty big bank) and disturb workers and other customers. I hope this is not the case, I also hope it's not the case that a bank would stop a group of people from closing their accounts. That's too scary to process.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's not hard to find information on this event...I'm assuming the problem is that OWS supporters are trying to find a source that doesn't expose these people as an organized mob like they were.

www.nypost.com...

Anti-greed protesters donned suits and got fresh new haircuts to march on banks in advance of boisterous rallies in Washington Square Park and Times Square today, but over 20 were arrested when a shouting mob invaded a Citibank to close their accounts.

Police said 24 demonstrators were locked inside a LaGuardia Place Citibank and arrested, after a witnesses said a shouting mob entered the bank just shortly after 2 p.m.

“[The protesters] all went in a big flash mob to close their accounts," said Adrielle Slaugh,a 24-year-old office manager who saw the clash. "There were about 30 of them. They were screaming and chanting while they were going in. Security told them to leave, but they didn’t. They stood in a group chanting things to the tellers. There were locked in, and then they were taken away.”

Protester Hillary Caldwell, 27, a graduate student from Harlem, said demonstrators were complaining about their student loans when they were locked inside and arrested.

“We went into the bank to peacefully protest," she said. "People were standing in the bank giving testimonials, speaking about their student debt, some of which is held by Citibank and a few undercover police officers came into the bank"

So there you have it...they didn't quietly go in as customers to close their accounts. They went in as a screaming mob and harassing the bank tellers...the BANK TELLERS...THE WORKING CLASS EMPLOYEES.

Just more evidence that these OWS protestors are a bunch of fools. Don't go yell at the bank tellers you bunch of morons...they are trying to make it in this world just like you are.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thank you for posting this.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If that is true then those particular protesters were wrong. It does not make the millions now all over the world fools.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

If that is true then those particular protesters were wrong. It does not make the millions now all over the world fools.

How many times are "isolated" incidents going to be defended as not being part of what OWS is really about???

As these incidents stack up....it starts to define the whole.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

There are always going to be those in any crowd, any body of people. You know this.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So the next time someone pops up talking about one cop doing something inappropriate to the protestors your going to say "there's always some in every crowd" right?

Your not going to attack the police for being nazi storm troopers or any of that stuff right? You are just going to say "well there are some bad ones in every crowd" and leave it at that huh?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

According to NYDailyNews.com 24 people have been arrested for criminal trespass and resisting arrest. Still waiting for more info.

you cant believe what the news says anymore,
here is video,they don't look that disorderly to me

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Yes, cops are human too. I don't think they are one bit comfortable doing what they have to do. We have the right to protest, they have the right to do their jobs without being labled nazi's. I'm sure there a few cops around stepping over their bounds just as there are some protesters toeing or crossing the line.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

How many times are "isolated" incidents going to be defended as not being part of what OWS is really about???

As these incidents stack up....it starts to define the whole.

The French Revolution started as isolated incidents, and the French crown didn't respect the danger of dismissing it all in the same way that most of you are doing. If this fails, and nothing changes, then the real hell will move on the banks, corporations, and you folks who work so hard to defend them. And stopping it will be just as impossible as it was the last several times the 99% ripped the 1% to pieces and with them the rest of normal society.

You really don't understand what's going on here. We're being given one last chance to do something significant about the overwhelming disparity between the few who've rigged the game of capitalism, and the rest of the industrialized world's population. If government fails to address the need for those few, and the corporations that they control, to reach out and - at least - meet the rest of us halfway to solve the mess that THEY created in 2007-2008, and have perpetuated by sitting on nearly 3 trillion dollars in small and medium business investment capital, then you're going to be horrified by what starts happening from one end of the industrialized world to the other.

These kids are the peace negotiation detail. If they don't succeed in reshaping things in a fundamental way, the shock troops will follow, and you'll long for the days when idiot kids were protesting in city parks and even in bank lobbies.

You can believe what you want to believe, but you can't change the trajectory we're on by whatever it is that you've decided to believe about what's happening here. That trajectory is proceeding in spite of what you think is happening. If I were you, I'd be praying that this global OWS foolishness accomplishes something significant. Believe me when I tell you that no army exists that can shut down the kind of crippling insurgency that awaits if nothing changes as a result of this relatively peaceful movement. Let's just say that you won't have a business, or even a job, within 6 months of the launch, and there'll be nothing that anyone will be able to do to prevent or reverse the destruction.

This isn't kindergarten Tea Party crap. This is the real thing, and it's just watching and waiting to see if these silly kids will actually make anything change. Just like they did in 2007, when the Democrats took the House and Senate (to no avail), and in 2009-2010, when the DNC controlled both houses of Congress and the WH (again, to no avail). This street movement is the last shot, and while even most of the cops are supporting it, if nothing actually changes in favor of evening the playing field for all people who are working hard and playing by the rules, then it's all over.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by modified device

you cant believe what the news says anymore,
here is video,they don't look that disorderly to me

Very quiet until the cops showed up and started dragging people INTO the bank to arrest them.

That should make the national news. Man, what idiots they have running that branch of that bank. That's PR suicide for any business.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Dumb Cops, they just make things worse for everyone with stupid arrests.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Dumb Cops, they just make things worse for everyone with stupid arrests.

Them and the idiot middle managers of the bank who called them in. What could've been a useless little skit performed to only the tellers in that little branch office has now become national news, and Citibank looks like ground zero for all that's wrong with the corporatization of our entire world. Just plain stupid.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am reluctant to call this what it is but it is NWO,this is it.
I never believed in it,not once.every post pointing fingers at it I purposefully over looked because I thought it's Bullsqueeze because I have grown up around an uncle who ,for as far back as I can remember and I am 40 so that's a lil bit of time,has spouted on about NWO this,true Grail every frickin conspiracy you can imagine and even in 90s getting himself thrown in prison for building an enormous ammonium nitrate bomb with a preacher/cult leader down in south Oklahoma.Now here it is,a little late on the scene but none the less.

so what now?
yeah this is a little fringing on the topic but the entire Occupy movement is forcing it into the light whether they planned it that way or it's a fortuitous by product,political allegiance should go to the way side in light of what has been happening,this bank isn't the first ,BoA denied account holder to withdraw their funds last week or before but regardless how many more instances like this? and again ..
so what now?
we either take to the streets and get ridiculed as dirty hippies and slackers or we turn the channel to something more interesting ,click the next link ect.
I can't get to a protest since the one in okc isn't really materializing so I will support it via the internet and word of mouth.

sorry about the soap boxxing here but I am on over load with this and the more I see coming out of the Occupy thing the more helpless I feel.
edit on 15-10-2011 by modified device because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join