It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for new forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My dearest ATS,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

Are you crying tears of happiness yet?

Okay, not really. But I do spend a lot of time here and I have this really crazy idea how you could bring in more people to this website, thus increasing your revenues, while providing a public common for... football fans.

Yeah. That's me. American football. I played it in school, coached it when my younguns were younguns and follow a few teams like some people worship their political gods.

Here's the proposal:

Create a general forum header in BTS called 'Gridiron Stadium' (or similar) where members can come on Saturdays and Sundays. Under that header, you could subdivide still further for college conferences or NFL divisions or even individual in-game threads for either or both.

Many people love to yak it up during a game and since you already dabble in politics, you know you can't get anything worse as far as behavior.

Fans are often tasked to find good forums to discuss the game, especially during the game. You increase traffic count thus increasing revenue. Moderating is on the same rules as any other here. No specialty is needed but... I'll wager you have a lot of football fans here already.

Again, this would fall under the BTS top header, with perhaps a generic 'Sports' label to keep all those lesser competitions from being hurt. Whatever choices for division and subdivision you should then choose is strictly up to you.

As a fan of football always looking for a place to talk the subject, I felt it my life duty to suggest it here and also mention that... occupation by disgruntled football fans is actually a good thing. We buy beer and all kinds of good food. You'd love our company

Yours ever so truly,

- Redoubt

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Whats "Gridiron"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

TY Zorgon. I have learned my lesson.

No more ATS suggestions... especially those to do with a subject that doesn't require a serious conspiracy

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have been thinking we do need a new forum.. I was going to make a post about this but since you added this I will add my spam here since you made this post..

I think a forum for OWS, OTP, OA, and OTW should get a forum.. We have been getting hammered with Posts out the wazoo about Occupy this and that and think a forum of its own would be a good idea...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There are already some threads about NFL in the US Sports forum.

Just start a new thread every Sunday called NFL Chat or something and maybe you get a good thread going.

There are some NFL fans on here...I'd join in.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would be all for a football/rugby/soccer forum, that way it would include everyone else on the planet rather than just Americans and that strange game you love!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So football gets more support than a LGBT debate fourm.

This week in sick, sad, world....

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Take your world and your life and live it your way. If you don't, someday you'll die doing somebody else's living.

Best

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by spw184

Take your world and your life and live it your way. If you don't, someday you'll die doing somebody else's living.

Best

Or try to and get stomped on like a spider. That works too.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I come to ATS to get away from all the mainstream/fickle subjects. ATS is a conspiracy website not a sports website. There are endless forums and places to go out there for people who want to waist there life times watching sweaty men on tv run up and down a field...again, or talk about which millionaire monkey scored a goal this week and I shudder every time I see another sports thread roling down the list in the New Topic Firehose.

Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join