It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the situation in your town?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey guys! Haven't posted in ages. Some personal issues and trouble made me go away for a few months and come back stronger than ever. I will keep this short as possible.

I was wondering how the situation in your town is at the moment concerning the ''Occupy'' movement going around all over the world. The reason why I'm asking is because today there's going to be a protest here in Quebec City, Canada. It's called ''Occupy Quebec''.

I couldn't be more happier to know that people are ''starting'' to wake up. A friend of mine made a oddly nice remark yesterday when she said that maybe 2012 was the beginning of a revolutionary movement.

What I found odd in her saying is because 2 weeks ago, she was laughing at me for believing in conspiracies and yesterday she called me to talk to me about the protest. I was happy transforming the skeptical into a believer. On a little side note (which i will make a thread later on) she told me that her grandfather used to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder when he was a military police officer. He told her how the whole system is corrupted and everything. Basically this side-note has got something to do with my subject.

Today we're protesting against the big corporations who take so much away from honest citizens just for their own good. What I want to know is how is the situation in your town? Are people starting to be more awakened? more concerned? more furious about the big corporations?

Reason why I'm asking is because I thought that my city would be the last on earth to be waking up so I was surprised to see a protest being prepared. I see that lots of towns around the world are protesting due to the heavy media portrayed ''OccupyWallStreet'' movement and that people are starting being fed up with the governmental bull crap and the corporate ''we want your money'' frenzy. So folks, how is the situation around you guys?

I'll keep you updated as I'm heading off to the protest right now. I don't believe that there will be any conflicts between citizens and cops but I'm ready for whatever.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There were 3 people with signs in front of the Bank of America the other day... One sign said "Stop the FED" or something like that. I honked and waved. That's all I've seen.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My Home town has been dead since carter. It was a small lumber town, then regulation came in and killed it. If you grew up there the only way to make it was to move out of there. So I did. Where I live now? Its still rocking as far as I know. Parties on 6th street every night. If only I had a car to make it there.

So far no protest that I know of.
edit on 10/15/2011 by Mcupobob because: I love you

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I live near a small town in Hawaii. There is an 'Occupy' protest set for Tuesday.

We don't expect a lot of people, but it's being done mainly to show solidarity with the movement.

In our capital city, Honolulu, there is a big protest today, Occupy Honolulu.

Occupy Honolulu

And greetings to you in Quebec. I visited Montreal a few years back and found it delightful!

Here is a livestream from Occupy Toronto:

Livestream Occupy Toronto

edit on 15-10-2011 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by antoinemarionette because: More news

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
nothing here...but i am in souther illinois;|

I don't think people have a clue around here..people are zombies only concerned with fb posts and what's on the tube..and getting their deer stands ready..

I have seen nothing..but felt the effects first hand..I went in to refinance our home the other day and even though we have good credit I was denied the loan..when I questioned them about being declined they said banks just aren't lending right now. I argued with the lady over my good credit..but she just gave me the ho-hum and sent me walking. As I was getting in the car I secretly hoped a big asteroid would fall on that joint..heehee

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The occupy camp has been going for about two weeks now. The city is leaving them alone for now, as long as it remains peaceful. I walked past that block this morning, approx. 9:30, while doing errands, looked like everyone was still asleep. Not much action.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In reality:

Too many people have become too poor to become their shiny baubles. They've been forced to take a good hard long look at reality, and they've realized that the system we have sucks for the majority of its people.

With any luck, they've also started to realize that all the shiny baubles in the world don't give peace of mind and real satisfaction, but are merely temporary band-aids to deep-seeded human needs for security and love, but I'm not holding my breath.
edit on 15-10-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My home town has a decent occupy presence. They have taken the plaza over which is right in the heart of downtown, we have about 50 people there, in a town of 21,000. They have signs "Good bye Wells Fargo, Hello Credit Union" ETC. They are camping out, and holding signs, the cops havent started messing with them yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
... Oh, and here's one I definitely didn't expect:

Occ upy Wall Street Spreads through Pacific Rim

“The planet can’t go on with this unsustainable level of inequality,” Mark Goudkamp, a Sydney organizer, told Australian reporters. “There needs to be a fundamental overhaul of how our economy works; we need to challenge those who are the most powerful who control the global economy and have an enormous influence on elected politicians.”

edit on 15-10-2011 by antoinemarionette because: additions

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm expecting a couple hundred when they occupy starts in Guelph, but its been busy all over town.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I went down to my City's event today and to be honest, I was very disappointed. There were more Police than protestors, in fact the Police seemed embarrased to be there.

I thought more people were beginning to wake up, but I think I maybe wrong on this now.

The queues for the iphone 4 were bigger, which seems to me that Consumerism is alive and well. People appear to be interested in purchasing # they don't need, probably with money they don't have.

Nevermind. I will go down again tomorrow and see what that brings.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Faruk

Maybe this is what the big change for 2012 is all about... its not gonna be 'the end of the world' but 'the end of greed',,,, these companies/firms will have to stop being greedy or the people wont work anymore.... i dont think they hae enough people working in the Police Force or debt collectors/Justice system workers etc etc to be able to bring everyone to court or chuck everyone out of their homes!!

Going to be occupying the streets around London so i've heard but a 300 group werent allowed to set up outside the London Stock Exchange!!

I should be out there really meself..... been ripped off left right and centre!!

And look hats going up just in time for winter.... the Electricity and Gas bills!! These are way too high and definately needs to come down....
edit on 15-10-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join