It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captive Of My Own Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why am I captive of my own mind? When I try not to think about something I think about it. When I fear something I only attract it. So when bringing my perception more in depth I look at what I fear yet it comes at me 10 folds in my mind, I can't escape it and that alone will produce negative energies which prevent relaxation. I don't want to think about the things I fear anymore and I don't see a way out.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Research thoughts & magnetism connections. We magnetize electrons with our observations and thoughts manifest through polarities of the individual. If you live with fear in your heart, you will magnetize that polarity around you, and it will feel inescapable at times. I know from experience, read my signature below.

Knowledge is empowering, you are the driver of that vehicle your soul inhabits, you drive the car, don't let the car drive you.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe you are surrounded by negative stuff.
I dont know your life but maybe you need to change a few thing's to make you feel better?
Thinking about it is the first step forward, the next is doing it.
Hope you find your way mate

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've actually had this problem and felt this way before...

A couple of the tricks I've used on myself:

Get Angry. Anger can feel empowering. Anger can bring you back into the moment. Anger is also less appetizing to 'dark energies' or forces which may be 'feeding' off of your negative energy.

Give up. Complete give in to your fear and brace for impact. Sometimes this is enough to fall asleep or forget about it for a bit. Once nothing happens or changes, you find yourself back in the now. Also the apathetic emotion can be less intense overall to the fearful one.

Take action. Many times my fears are about malevolent psychic forces, ETs, boogyman etc. So, I fight fire with fire... Try visualizing yourself with a psychic shield around you. Mine's a crackling white bubble swimming with light and energy. Imagine it physically surrounding your body, then your whole room, then maybe your whole house and include your family... Push back with your psychic bubble of light.

Also bro, consider these types of feelings to be legitimate clinical style Anxiety... Alot can be learned from that perspective... Maybe avoid caffeine, practice breathing, consider aromatherapy or herbal relaxation...

Anyway, hope I'm not way off base and that this might help a bit... Cheers dude!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I start reciting phrases until the thought goes away, and then I drown myself in music. I've not had to do that very often, the older I get.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

You might have a touch of O.C.D mate, a very common thing in varying degrees.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
I've actually had this problem and felt this way before...

A couple of the tricks I've used on myself:

Get Angry. Anger can feel empowering. Anger can bring you back into the moment. Anger is also less appetizing to 'dark energies' or forces which may be 'feeding' off of your negative energy.

Give up. Complete give in to your fear and brace for impact. Sometimes this is enough to fall asleep or forget about it for a bit. Once nothing happens or changes, you find yourself back in the now. Also the apathetic emotion can be less intense overall to the fearful one.

Take action. Many times my fears are about malevolent psychic forces, ETs, boogyman etc. So, I fight fire with fire... Try visualizing yourself with a psychic shield around you. Mine's a crackling white bubble swimming with light and energy. Imagine it physically surrounding your body, then your whole room, then maybe your whole house and include your family... Push back with your psychic bubble of light.

Also bro, consider these types of feelings to be legitimate clinical style Anxiety... Alot can be learned from that perspective... Maybe avoid caffeine, practice breathing, consider aromatherapy or herbal relaxation...

Anyway, hope I'm not way off base and that this might help a bit... Cheers dude!

Hey man thank you so much and thank you to everybody. My fear is that when I see articles about deseases or hear people talk about sickness, I believe I can get it just from seeing it or hearing it. I know that is stupid but I have talked to people on the phone who were sick and just thinking about it I felt something, and I got sick. So I am scarred to hell and I wish everybody lived for ever and I can't get it out of my mind. It scares me so much I cannot get it out. It must be somewhat of that disorder also because I am scarred of the writing because it can have an effect on me from seeing it and thinking about it, that it scared me so much I cannot get it out of my mind. This is the first weekend I have experienced this, thats also the scary part.

top topics

join