It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those who say they are losing rights in the US

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Law Enforcement from across the country not only were requested by Louisianna / New Orleans, they were sworn in to do law enforcement in the state.

Kicking doors in during a situation like that, when a mandatory evacuation was order, was to evacuate people. While I acknowledge law enforcement actions were less than stellar, simply making blanket comments with absolutely nothing to support your claims, is being deaf dumb and blind.

what part of those actions confused you?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Funny you should tell me to read something I've already read. When apparently the only word you saw and apparently object to in my reply is the word troll. You are what you are. You're the one who keeps repeating.. you guys keep complaining about this that and the other but those aren't "guaranteed rights". You're the one who came up with that premise.. and it's a false one to start. I surmised and accuse you of doing this on purpose so you can use semantics as your first, and what I can see, only defense to your argument. That in my book makes you a troll.

Not only funny but also quite telling that the only thing you choose to object to is being called a troll. Ok.. if that's your objection.. I take it back.. you're not a troll.. you're an aspiring troll.. still clumsy at his craft. Happy now?

And good day.. I won't contribute any more to the irrelevant non-arguments you put forth.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I notice that in your response's. You fail to address Presidential Directive 51 & COG . And the Patriot Act. The fact that all three (3) of these circumvent the constitution. Which in turns, violate's or simply takes away cival liberties.

We have rights against illegal search & seizure. Patriot Act takes that away. When your Government can come into your home, seize your property, hold & detain me for as long as they want, without charging me with a crime. ALL BASED ON PATRIOT ACT, (that's not in the Constitution.) That is' rights being taken away pure & simple.

And fact is the Patriot Act is bullsh#t. It's based on lies & false flag events. That's my opinion, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. If you like, I;ll post the Patriot Act & Presdential Directive 51 COG for you to read.
Or you can do it yourself, IMHO The first Trade Center Bomber, Fasle flag, but after. a certain portion of Patriot Act was passed.

Then we had Oklahoma City bombing, more of Patriot Act passed. then 911 and the whole shebang was passed.
Sweet jesus don't you see the pattern? False Flag+Fear= Patriot Act= Rights Taken Away.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Our RIGHT To Privacy is Lost . Illegal Search and Seizures are a common accurance today . You must be living in a Cave if you have not Noticed this . .......

edit on 17-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Way to troll. When you decide to participate and constribute, let us know. Feel free to read the thread so you have an idea of what im talking about.

Thanks
edit on 17-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Ive already read it so im good. The point of the thread in asking that question was to show that we are lacking knowledge about how the government works and operates at all levels. Some people have brought up life liberty and happiness among other things, however that phrase is from the Declaration of Independance and not the Constitution.

If we dont know how our government operates, how it affects us and how we affect it, how can we fix it? If we dont have a basic understanding of our rights and how they are applied, then how can people claim government actions are illegal / sinister / etc.

Im looking to open peoples minds and to get them to read / learn / participate in government. We have been, for the longest time, sick of all the problems in government, yet nothing is ever done about aside from the griping.

As far as the patriot act goes it was a knee jerk reaction to 9/11. Everyone complained about it, and still do, listing all the things wrong with it, yet nothing is done to get it repealed. People dont show up to vote for various reasons.

Also, the Patriot Act was signed into law in October of 2001. It was not around during the OKC bombing or the first world trade center attack.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Our RIGHT To Privacy is Lost . Illegal Search and Seizures are a common accurance today . You must be living in a Cave if you have not Noticed this . .......

edit on 17-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Lol no, no cave. As ive stated in other posts the intent of this thread was to drive home the point that if we dont know how the government works, what rights are and how they are applied, then how can anything get fixed?

Can you elaborate on the search and seizure? Was there anyone specific incident you are talking about or?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Way to troll.

Mister Kettle, You have a call from Mr Pot.

Somewhere there is posted a T. litmus test and you fit the brunt of the qualifications.
You don't contribute but demand the others provide 'proof' and when they do it's never good enough but you keep egging them on.
You are an unpleasant poster you compound matters by being a prolific one.

edit on 17-10-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Way to troll.

Mister Kettle, You have a call from Mr Pot.

Not even close.. Do you have anything to add to the discussion or are you just working on your post count?
Give me some examples of "my trolling". While your at it feel free to read the thread so you know what we are talking about.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Give me some examples of "my trolling".

Demanding Proof again?
Need I say more?

Originally posted by XcathdraWhile your at it feel free to read the thread so you know what we are talking about.

Calling people stupid.
One of your other lovely traits. Let's go through this post and see how many times you have claimed, implied or outright told people that you are right and they are wrong.

I have to go to work now.
You are either a gov employee or unemployed, or one of the paid online promoters of an agenda. In any case you don't seem to have anything productive to do with your time so you mess around on the computer berating and insulting people.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Lol.. when you get home from work take the time to read the thread. I have not called anyone stupid, nor have I told people they are wrong. What I have done by asking the questions was to demonstrate how apathy towards participating in government has gotten us to where we are now. If a person doesnt understand their rights or how the government works, nothing is going to get fixed.

Have a good day at work. When you get back home please read the thread and give us your thought. You have completey misunderstood my position, and the only agenda I have is to get people to take the time to learn before making a claim, like you did.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I can't stand on a soap box and rant my head off.

Yes, you can

I can't slap a gun on my hip and travel freely.

Yes you can.

I can't grow and harvest a plant.

Show me where this is a guarnateed indiviual right

I can't repair my roof.

Show me where this is a guaranteed individual right?

I can't freely trade my property.

Yes you can

I can't freely trade my time.

Shoe me where this is an individual right

To start.

keep going

This post on the first page should have been a red flag to everyone.

The OP is just trolling...

No intelligent discussion, just a troll.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Easy answer here . . .

I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

--Laws are constantly made to prohibit the free exercise of religion.

or abridging the freedom of speech

--You can only have freedom of speech when they let you. And it can't be to provoke people into action either. Oh, and freedom of speech has consequences.

or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

--Only if you get a permit, and stay within this certain little area.

II. A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

--Firearm licenses, permits, registrations, confiscations, and outright banning across the country.

IV. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

--OMG . . . really. Where to start. But it is all for our safety. mmhmm

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

--Look at all the Federal laws and bureaucracy. Nuff said.

There are easily more, and I could have gone more in depth, but I did not feel it was needed, as it is pretty obvious what you are up to.

I will admit, the eroding away of our rights has been happening slowly but surely since 1776. Though a lot has happened in the last 10, 20, 50, even 100 years, it is a slow build up.

Just because rights have not been acknowledged for a long time does not mean that they don't exist. That is just an excuse for the people in power to retain that power.

Those are rights, and they will be returned sooner or later, one way or the other.
edit on 10/17/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/17/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn

We the people have screwed we the people over, not the government. We the people have reduced our rights, not the government. We the people are 100 percent responsible for the mess we are in, not the government.

That's not quite true and you know it.While the people are to be blamed too,the government plays dirty,secret lil tricks to keep things as they are.
The people's confusion (yes,people are confused,i agree on that.they're angry,desperate,sad and they don't even know why) is the result of the many distractions (good and bad),the bad educational system and the horrible "evolution" of family.

Explain why you're trying to make the government (and the rest of the bunch) appear completely innocent when actually they're not.

Actually if you spent time reading my posts you would see thats not even remotely close to what im saying. The government is to blame, yet they dont elected themselves now do they? No, the people do, and when the people are apathetic about politics, we end up in the situation we are in now.

Its kind of like some of the more assinine comments other people have made to me. they looked at the first page, and drew their own conclusion as to the point of the thread. Instead of doing the research, they get pissy, throw a fit and walk out.

It doesnt accomplish anything, it doesnt address what the actual problem is, and in no way does it help in resolving the issue.

Our government acts in the manner it does because we allow it to. We allow it by not participating in government. We complain about the 2 party system, yet decide not to vote. People aregue the systm needs to be fixed, then in the next thread say voting is a waste of time.

When people list off rights that arent in the Constitution, when they dont understand the constitution or government, the only person to blame is the person who doesnt know.

We have a government who ignores what the people want. Think it might be that way because the people ignore what the government does.

I haven't read all of the comments in this thread but i did read several and that's what i get from you,that you're trying to defend the ones that actually fuel people's confusion and capitalize on it.I agree that lots of times people complain,shout and protest without even knowing what they really want or what they really fight but do you deny that their confusion is manufactured?
You mentioned the 2 party system.Are they not the very same thing?Sure,most of the times they say different things but what are the results they both bring when they govern?Aren't those results the same?So,those two political parties act the same while they claim they're different and what that brings?Distraction and if that's not enough,it bring useless,moronic hostility among the people.Doesn't that,even a lil bit,destabilise the society?Do you deny those things?

If what i have allready wrote isn't enough for you,then what about the educational system?Does it help children to grow as critical thinking human beings or to grow as robots with automated actions,reactions and way of thinking?Do they help em become vital and energetic citizens of the society or just to become a part of the current system and roll with it?
Keep in mind that what you're gonna claim and what i can claim are just opinions,the results are the facts.What are the results?You talked about em yourself: The people are apathetic,the people allow the government to do what it does,the people are confused as hell etc.Well,aren't the people a product of our society?Aren't the people a product of the educational system?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I agree. My state Arizona has a substantial debt to the federal government as do most of the western states.Unfortunately when there is a lack of funds taxing the people or raising prices seems to be their only solution. If they`d let half the people out of jail incarcerated for minor "so called crimes" our economy might improve. I think that the American people will band together to help this situation for we are survivors.But we are not given the chance or the choice.How about giving a dollar to your state at the supermarket instead of cancer or whatever charity is proposed?Things are getting out of hand and the question is why and what can we do about it?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

You should read the thread before commenting.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This is clearly an attempt to do exactly what you are trying not to do. I have read through your silly replies of "show me where it says this is your individual right..." and blah blah blah. You keep trying to talk down to people and come back with the same question. Show me where....?

Well, here it is. If it is NOT listed in the bill of rights it is automatically YOUR individual right. Of course this applies to the states and they can create LAWS that prohibit certain things.

But for you to continue with your silly question "show me where...?" is showing your own ignorance on this topic. The vast majority of "Individual" rights are not listed in the constitution.

Someone tried to explain this in a different way and of course you wanted to deflect.

The funny thing is that all you had to do was state what I did above and your argument would have been made. No Federal rights have been taken. If it is an individual right not listed in the Constitution then it is up to the states to ignore it (by not writing any laws to restrict the right) or create a law that prevents the right.

For instance, someone had stated 'repair my roof'. And you just replied back with the silly question. All you had to do was state that the state or local municipality have created laws (codes) for construction. So no, you can't just go on your roof and create and unsafe repair for any future home owners that may purchase that home from you. You have to apply for a permit and then do the work. But you can still do it.

So stop fishing for childish fights.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Manufactured by whom? If a person wants to learn about something, they will go learn about it and research it wont they?

Parents use schools as daycare, and are increeasingly pushing to get shools to be substitute parents as well. If we know these are problems, why havent people come together to fix them? If people dont know what their rights are, how they work, how government works, how can we fix it?

A lot of people oin this sight bash the government, make the claims, post the info, and thats where it stops. We have the governments playbook, the Constitution, and yet we refuse to use it to make the needed changes to government.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Yeah - you didnt read the thread. If you had you would see what my position is. People rattled off lists of rights, yet they dont understand them. They listed items that arent even in the Consitution, yet in their minds it is. People want to hold the government accountible, yet they dont understand how it works, the different levels, etc.

If people dont hvae a basic understanding of their government, their rights, then how can they fix it?

The repair the roof issue was answered and expanded on. Not sure what your problem is with it. Ironic though that that question came up.

I am not a government cheerleader, contrary to those who say who apparently didnt bother to read the thread.

Question for you -
How can people make a change when they dont understand the problem?

I have not fished for childish fights. I asked a question, got the responses I thought I would, and then pointed that problem out to people. If you dont care for it its not my problem.. If you understand how the government and your rights work, then obviously the thread is not directed at you now is it?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilly
The second amenment says I have the right to bear arms. Period. I cannot buy a full auto AR-15 today in the US. The second amendment does not say I have the right to bear "some " arms...

And The Supreme Court has upheld the fact the 2nd amendment applies to the individual. Care to point out where the 2nd amendment says you an be in possession of a fully auto ar-15?

Ahh, here it is. I was waiting for this. Here is a clear & specific reply to your question & you dismiss it with with color of law flair.

To answer your question, it says so in the 2nd Amendment just like he said, "...the right to keep & bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". Are you saying M4s are not arms? How are M4s not covered by this? Please be specific.

I do know that civilians & militia often had arms that were superior to the military around the time of the revolutionary war & the writing of the Constitution (the PA long rifle was quite superior to the brown bess of the red coats). The people had in their possession cannons. So to counter your possible argument that "well, M4s & artillery are military arms & so are exceptions" is not valid.

Can you point out what law *that does not violate the Constitution* gives the fed gov the ability to dictate what types of arms we are allowed to bear? Please be specific.

I can make the same argument for my state, PA Con: Article 1, Section 21. "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State SHALL NOT BE QUESTIONED."

Pretty clear language. Neither the state nor the fed gov have been given the power to restrict what arms i can bear, yet i cannot own an M4. How did they suddenly get that power if we didn't give it to them.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join