It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Occupy' protests at financial crisis go worldwide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You gotta wonder....who's funding this. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the 'elite'...aka: bankers, corporations, and government. I mean, why would they care...they're already rich, are WELL prepared AND are ready to take things to a whole NEW level. We're the IDIOTS because WE don't have a plan...WE dont have funds...WE aren't prepared. Are people thinking about that???

If 'they' decide to pack up...and head to their underground cities....we'll be up here...fighting against a system, that is no longer. We'l be left to battle it out...while 'they'...are comfortably CHILLIN'!

Sad part is....our division will be our demise! There are no 'good guys' and 'bad guys' in this fight! WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER; and that includes law enforcement. The problem is....law enforcement officials 'THINK' they're doing the right thing...but at the end of the day..when the uniform comes off...they still face the same problems, as the people they're fighting against: WE THE PEOPLE.

Wake up police men/women............WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! Ask yourself this....officer.....when SHTF....who's gonna PAY YOU??? Who's gonna sign your checks...when you 'masters' leave you....here....WITH US? Will you work for FREE????

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Those of us whom are contend with our own lives, regardless of high and low pay, accept the slavehood status quo for ourselves, have no right to judge those whom are suffering immensely, more so those in Europe.

We do not not know their lives, nor live them, but we do know our mankind's aspirations for peace, prosperity, progress, equality, justice and freedom, and if any of those are denied, and despite pleas that went ignored, only violence will result, as seen in Rome, and more to come soon.....

The leaders had failed, and no matter what they do, they can never extinguished the aspirations of humanity, even if they succeed with this generation, they will still fail the next innocent generations to come, if the leaders continue to ignore, use violence and determine to continue with their mistakes...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

It's now becoming alot more apparent Police and Security are sending in masked operatives to start violent riots among the non-violent protestors!

So when you see violence among the crowds.....they're NOT the demonstrators

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It has been known:

Police admission (-excuse the language):

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Those of us whom are contend with our own lives, regardless of high and low pay, accept the slavehood status quo for ourselves, have no right to judge those whom are suffering immensely, more so those in Europe.

???
Judging? I say what i think and see no reason to hide it. Current deeply flawed system functions , but it is becoming unstable due to greed,pollution and corruption. Those issues have to be solved and those protest might lead it in right direction. Some - maybe even majority but i might be wrong - of protesters however want to break the system totally and use slogans that will never work and i do object to that because if it will happen the collapse of any freedoms that are left and creation of dictatorship is matter of few years.
Having my own ideas and opinions is pretty basic thing. What it got with judging?

We do not not know their lives, nor live them, but we do know our mankind's aspirations for peace, prosperity, progress, equality, justice and freedom, and if any of those are denied, and despite pleas that went ignored, only violence will result, as seen in Rome, and more to come soon.....

Mankind aspirations ...... Do you have a history book? All aspirations are there. Was there a year without war? Was there are country that had no poor? All people were equal, free and justice was there for all?
Never. Because we are what we are.
And always the same illneses of humanity were used by cynical slogan makers to create havoc and to get to the top of food chain on account of previous masers but also on account of those who followed their calls.

The leaders had failed, and no matter what they do, they can never extinguished the aspirations of humanity, even if they succeed with this generation, they will still fail the next innocent generations to come, if the leaders continue to ignore, use violence and determine to continue with their mistakes...

Violence because we aspire for peace.

Leaders failed - yes. Corporations bought them - yes. Should it be adressed - yes. Should the same failed approach be used to repair those flaws - no. Look ,again, at history. All the answers are there. Revolutions do not work. They just give rise to tyrants. Was there revolution in Sweden? Those guys still have kings! And they have low corruption and good social support. Because they did not jump on each others throat but sorted it out for common interest.

edit on 15-10-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: decided to rant. sorry

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The BBC World Service has reported that organisers claimed half a million protesters took to the streets of Madrid today.

Where on earth are the images? Can't find anything at the moment.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Spoiler Alert!!

Does it end like this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Or perhaps like this:

Found a set of images that include Madrid:

www.bbc.co.uk...

And for anyone who didn't see the live stream from Rome:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Easy way to stop them using Agent Provocateurs.

If you are there to peacefully protest and violence is instigated by anyone in the crowd, back off, let them fight a battle with the law enforcers.
How many times are they going to beat the crap out of their own when it doesn't get the required response from the public ?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

politica.elpais.com... this is a link to the madrid,a man holding a child at the end implied of the news block there as well but its become to big to to ignore and a few people there claiming the same curruptions as usual,its a world desease these politicos. no place is safe when power is given to a few.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Just LOVE it how the BBC phrases its sentences:

"Protests against alleged corporate greed..."

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Its like a dream come true if it does. But IMHO I reckon it'll most likely end bad with martial law plus sacrifices of freedom being enforced in many countries.

I hope I'm wrong though.
edit on 15-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

Great link. First video of today's Spanish protests I've seen.

I don't speak Spanish, but it's pretty obvious what this is saying:

En Madrid (46.000 personas había en Sol cuando daban las 20.30), en Barcelona (60.000, según los Mossos), en Sevilla (45.000 personas, según los manifestantes) y en San Sebastián, entre otras muchas ciudades.

Can you perhaps give us any other info from the article (or perhaps from first-hand experience / other Spanish reports)?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange spoke to about 500 demonstrators outside St. Paul's cathedral in London, calling the international banking system a "recipient of corrupt money.

www.cbsnews.com...

I've taken a lot of heat lately concerning my lack of enthusiasm on OWS and their Day of Rage solidifies that i can't get behind those people and anyone who supports them.
The rest of the article:

Elsewhere, bright autumn sunshine and a social media campaign brought out thousands across Europe.

In Frankfurt, continental Europe's financial hub, some 5,000 people protested at the European Central Bank, and some were setting up a tent camp aiming at permanently occupying the green space in front of the ECB building.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange spoke to about 500 demonstrators outside St. Paul's cathedral in London, calling the international banking system a "recipient of corrupt money."

U.K. police contained most London demonstrators in the streets around the cathedral, near the city's financial district. Protesters erected tents and asked supporters to bring them blankets, food and water as they settled down for the evening.

Several hundreds more marched in the German cities of Berlin, Cologne and Munich and the Austrian capital of Vienna, while protesters in Zurich, Switzerland's financial hub, carried banners reading "We won't bail you out yet again" and "We are the 99 percent."

In Brussels, thousands of marched through the downtown area chanting "Criminal bankers caused this crisis!" They pelted the stock exchange building with old shoes then marched on to the European Union sector.

Protesters also accused NATO, which has its headquarters in Brussels, of wasting taxpayer money on the wars in Libya and Afghanistan, saying that one European soldier deployed to Afghanistan costs the equivalent of 11 high school teachers.

In Helsinki, around 300 activists held a peaceful, creative rally with homemade signs and stalls full of art and food.

In Spain, the Indignant Movement established the first around-the-clock "occupation" protest camps in cities and towns across the country beginning in May and lasting for weeks. Six marches were converging Saturday on Madrid's Puerta del Sol plaza just before dusk.

Portuguese angry at their government's handling of the economic crisis were protesting in downtown Lisbon later. Portugal is one of three European nations — the others being Greece and Ireland — that have already needed an international bailout.

Across the Atlantic, hundreds gathered in Toronto's financial district, converging close to the Toronto Stock Exchange and the headquarters major Canadian banks to decry what they called government-abetted corporate greed. Protests were also being held in Montreal and Vancouver.

In New York, protesters marched on a Chase bank to protest the role banks played in the financial crisis, and demonstrations were culminating in an "Occupation Party" in Times Square.

Jesse LaGreca, a leader of Occupy Wall Street, said on "The Early Show on Saturday Morning" the spread of the protests around the world "speaks to the amount of resolve people have. We are seeing our future stolen away from us while the wealthiest one percent get richer and richer, and I'm glad people are taking a role and participating in their democracy."

The growth is "happening very organically," he says. "There is communication (among protesters worldwide) through Twitter, through Facebook, through social media and facebook, though social media, and just through friends who are concerned about each other. But the organic nature of this movement just can't be denied."

Maybe if you didn't Cherrypick the bad parts from the Occupy Wall Street movement, you wouldn't get heat (and yes, I'm fully that the people on the other side do the same in that they only show the good).

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

i am seeing other vids and they are talking about the same movement going on in usa wall street expresing the solidarity and the need to end the system that benefits corporates and the likes,strangling the worker class. havent seen anything yet about police violence in madrid.
i read in del sol protest going on in 951 citys in 82 countrys
edit on 15-10-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I'm actually in Amsterdam right now, and walked past the protestors no more than 10 minutes ago. That was round 1am local time, and it was still a pretty bumping place. Like everything that happens around this part of Amsterdam though, it seems that as soon as the lights go down, the partying begins.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Marcha 15 Octubre por Democracia Real Ya! Uruguay,,, been searching and i found this,uruguay also in on the accion of occupy wall street
edit on 15-10-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So typical of u.s.a. people....

Protest have been happening all over the world for years and politics, economics and security have been the main protest reasons like forever, and frecuently, when u.s. people sees those manifestations/protests somewhere else in the world, you think that is the start of a revolution or the beggining of the fall of a goverment.

But ever since the wall street protests, it turns out that every single one in the world is a follow up from that one, and is a "occupy" thing, and the u.s.a. spirit is there.

Wake up! The world does not follow u.s.a.! every country has and have had its own issues and people have been protesting when needed for many years.

Protesting is not a u.s.a. invented fashion!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have a better idea, lets occupy the parks and beaches on the weekends, and all international resorts, in fact lets stay there all week for a change. Well, I know that summers ending in the north but that what tropical islands are for.
At least we'll be occupying and actually be doign something useful for ourselves (tans and fresh air). We can let the real idiots sit on concrete in the cities, it will be great, they have no imagination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join