It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignoring Ron Paul Has Reached Comic Proportions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
To win the presidency it boils down to blood line and succession.

Sorry Ron Paul. It will never happen..... Unless something really extraordinary happens.
Obama will win again. 100% unless something really extraordinary happens.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is, I try to ignore the Republican tidal political tirade of bs as much as possible.

The next few elections are going to be just like the last few elections. Another case of voting for putting the least destructive jerks in office.

Expecting any politician to save America is laughable.

M.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

By the way, the "if you don't love it, you're free to leave it" argument is nothing more than a signal that your running out of debating points and furthermore, it's a ridiculous statement that could just as easily be turned around and posed to anyone with your ideologies as well. For some reason though, it seems to be a favorite among GOP/T.P. circles.

Independents helped vote our current LIBERAL president in,who would have thought that??

Personally,I ve suggested both parties are out of touch with reality. Again,your bias seems to stick with Republicans,and Republicans only..........

Kind of hard to debate,when your not in the mood to debate anything......but stick to Liberal talking points.......

And yes,the door is open for you to leave. Hell,its open for you to come back also........

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
reply to post by sonnny1

Are you implying that when Ron Paul get's stomped at the polls large numbers of libertarians will up and leave America? This i have to see.

No implying anything........... Im hoping Ron Paul gets in,via the ticket hes under,or write-in..........

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It would be nice if Ron Paul ran as a third party candidate, since it looks like he's not going to get the nomination. I'll still vote for him, regardless. Paul said himself he wouldn't in an interview.
reply to post by satron

I totally agree with your assessment. I've been saying all along Paul should run as an independent and shed his republican affiliation. Too many people are sick of both parties and I think he would gather a lot more votes from both democrat and republican voters if he did change.

Political labels stick in a lot of peoples minds. Some democrats wouldn't think of voting for a republican candidate even though some of his issues would be to their liking. The same thing goes for die hard republicans. Paul's ideas don't align themselves with either party, so why wave the republican banner?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

Thanks for starting this thread it's so true!

He is a real threat to all in power and government right now. That's why they are rediciouly ignoring the Hugh elephant in the room.

Hopefullynwe get to see Ron Paul as our next president and put reform into " change that you can believe in"! Lol!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

It would be nice if Ron Paul ran as a third party candidate, since it looks like he's not going to get the nomination. I'll still vote for him, regardless. Paul said himself he wouldn't in an interview.
reply to post by satron

I totally agree with your assessment. I've been saying all along Paul should run as an independent and shed his republican affiliation. Too many people are sick of both parties and I think he would gather a lot more votes from both democrat and republican voters if he did change.

Political labels stick in a lot of peoples minds. Some democrats wouldn't think of voting for a republican candidate even though some of his issues would be to their liking. The same thing goes for die hard republicans. Paul's ideas don't align themselves with either party, so why wave the republican banner?

he did that already and could not get his name on all ballots in every state.

in some stats where he wasnt on the ballot , votes were only counted when written directly on the sheet...

i read somewhere that it would take about 3/4 of his campaign money to get his name on all ballots...+ america never voted for an indipendet...this itself is answer enough

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Why devote media attention to someone who has no chance of winning? Cain is surging at the moment and getting the lions share of attention. Thats how it work's when Paul is number one in the polls the msm will give him coverage.

The same argument could have been made for Rand Paul. But then he won the KY senate seat. If Cain can win then Ron Paul can easily win. Cain was a Federal Reserve Bank employee, and supported the bailouts. The tea party's core value is (just like OWS) to end corruption in banking and especially banker bailouts. Ron Paul could spike sharply by capturing the tea party vote and then get the rest by ordinary momentum, just like Cain did.

And besides, you missed the whole point by a large margin. Bachmann's chances are less than Paul. Huntsman's chances are less than Paul. Gingrich's chances are less than Paul. All three of those people get better media coverage! Thats whe the point. Paul is more electable than Bachmann, more electable than Hunstman, and more electable than Gingrich. Good luck with Gingrich getting the religious right vote for example. No chance! But there is a chance Republicans could turn the tide to be against wasteful spending on pointless wars. Nixon proved that well.
edit on 15-10-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by hadriana
It's like this....I really think that Ron Paul is maybe the last hope America has in a politician.
I don't agree with his every idea or policy, but the major ones - I think America will FALL if we don't stop the wars and do something about the Fed playing fast and loose with US money to gain themselves more power....

So I'd love to see him win, but if it does NOT happen, I want to be able to look at all the people on OWS and the republicans chewing off their own feet and everyone else...and KNOW that they didn't do what they needed to do. If he runs and sees it through - and I hope he sees it through - then we can blame the media for not letting him get his message out and the people for not having the ears to hear it.

Did it ever dawn on you Ron Paul supporters that the rest of our ears do indeed work just fine, we hear Ron Paul's message loud & clear and we just don't accept it? Do you really expect the majority of americans to vote for someone who would allow businesses to discriminate at will, or for someone who believes that Medicare & Social Security are unconstitutional? Do you really expect americans to elect someone who thinks our air & water should be utilized like open sewers by corporate interest and energy producers?

Just as was true in the previous election, Ron Paul is going nowhere because of his ideologies, not because of MSM blackouts. The MSM is just doing what most of the rest of America is doing, which is to ignore him.

sure we do, its worked up until the point where people needed to come up with new things to complain about. aka now.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Who is Ron Paul?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the truth is seen right in front of everyone not by the media saying ohh thats not what happen

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Funny how people, and the MSM, find it so easy to ignore Ron Paul ( and it works ) but they refuse to ignore the institution of the Federal Government. You know, the entity that ignores you except when it comes to picking your pocket?

Peoples' priorities are screwed and that's mainly because they're still asleep IMO. People need to wake up and realize that if they can successfully black out one entity, Ron Paul, they can just as easily black out another. The Feds.

Here's an experiment. Wake up tomorrow morning and do everything you usually do under the pretense that the Feds don't exist and see if you make it through the day. The smart money is on the theory that you will. (Unless of course you're a federal employee ) .

During the course of any political conversations you may have, replace the word Federal with State and see if what you're talking about still makes sense. The smart money is on the theory that it will.

And before any of you start crying that the world simply cannot turn without the U.S. federal government, I say try it out first and see what happens. Do you think things would actually be worse in the world than things are right now? Doubtful.

You federal pay taxes right? You give the feds your money which, among other things, pays their salary. (This salary by the way is a mere pittance compared to what they're actullay worth which goes a long way in explaining why they don't think too highly of you. You simply don't pay that well.) This in essence makes you their boss. This is what the founding fathers had in mind. That the federal government works for you.

How many employees do you know could get away with the sh*t that our federalis do and NOT get fired. I've been in the workforce for 30 years now and I haven't had a job yet where my employer would put up with half the crap that the feds get away with. They would've been fired a long time ago.

Fire them now, restructure your business and get a whole new set of employees before the current bunch of rednecks you have runs your company into the ground. Because it's just about there right now.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul has a real chance at winning the biggest seat in the Nation. I think he will leave the Republican Party, and this next election may see the doom of the standard two part system. I hope if nominated, he picks Jessie Ventura as his running mate. Those two in control would bring some CHANGE to this country that we all could see, touch, and enjoy. We here together are a Power, people. We can make it happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
its a pathetic time in america when cnn and newspapers dictate who's going to be president of the country by telling the mindless idiots that walk around to vote for the "favourite".

is that what it's come down to a sports bet, where the undecided decide who's going to lead the nation by looking at who the media installed as the front runner on election day.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yeah anybody who hasn't noticed the media bias towards Ron Paul would have to either be a feral child who was raised by wolves and can't understand the human language, or a complete moron.

I've even lost trust in the legitimate polls at times, I almost feel like all of these puppet candidates poll numbers, like Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, and Herman Cain, are being manipulated intentionally in order to make our political race seem all exciting and truly democratic.

Maybe the polls are legitimate, but the people's minds are being manipulated by the corporate media. I think that's more likely, and I can't really tell myself that it's a fair election if millions of Americans political opinions' are influenced by the corporate media propaganda.

Television networks no longer follow their own debates with online surveys of a winner. They rely on "Focus Groups" (wink, wink,) where they control the questions and the reporting of the results of those questions that they decide are "newsworthy."

After one recent debate the focus group of 30 people clearly picked Herman Cain as the winner of the debate while the network ignored its own, open, online poll showing Ron Paul the winner.

One day I should call 1000 people at random who are Republican, and ask them which candidate they like the best and who they plan to vote for.
edit on 16-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

top topics

<< 1   >>

join