It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy the London Stock Exchange.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
At 12:00 GMT the Occupy LSE begins, the authorities have put up signs stating that the public may not sleep around the Stock Exchange as it is private land.

Currently 5400 people on the facebook group have signed up as a 'yes' and 2356 as a 'maybe'. Hopefully this will grow just as the Occupy Wall Street movement has and we'll start seeing results in time.

Here is a highly motivational video.

www.youtube.com...

And here is the facebook page

Occupy the London Stock Exchange
edit on 15-10-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

fight fire with fire people
we will not let them continue to ruin the world!

edit on 15-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Let's just hope it stays peaceful, our track record hasn't been great over the last couple of years. Apart from that I hope they get a good turn out.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'n light of the recent riots in London, I'm certain of a higher probability for a more physical confrontation occurring here.
Of course, once things go that route, a rally cry will likely go up.
Other occupiers in other cities may move in the same direction in solidarity.

The occupy movement right now is just a nuisance to it's detractors, and government officials are choosing to mostly ignore it, except where they may fashion their own election campaign to mirror certain catch phrases and ideas to bolster popular votes in their favor as an election 'strategy'.

I'm pretty certain once there's a turn to more physical involvement in the movement, ignoring the protesters will become substantially harder.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
righty o boys, let's see what the bobby's will do

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Do you think it's too late to point out that it's the weekend and that blockading the stock exchange might be more fruitful when it's actually a working day?
It's like calling a general strike on a bank holiday
Do none of you notice these clear signs of shepherding?
If you're going to do something then do it right. Try occupying the commuter trains or Underground at around 7 am on Monday

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Didn't they just give the police more powers, courtesy of the recent riots over there??

This could be a dangerous situation..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Do you think it's too late to point out that it's the weekend and that blockading the stock exchange might be more fruitful when it's actually a working day?

Isn't it smarter to setup over the weekend when no ones around to hassle you??

I think these protesters are in it for the long haul, not a one night stand.

edit on 15-10-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
londons gonna burn again

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Let's hope so.
One night stands can lead to STDs....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I can't see this catching on over here. Yes there will be numbers, the usual groups will take part. But the UK public in general either just aren't passionate enough about it to do anything or they end up venting their passion the wrong way (through violence).

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

BTW - your username is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Many a morning I've slipped on Hells Bells just to 'get in the mood'.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure they have too...I can definatly imagine the police using more force as opposed to when they were dealing with the riots. We'll just have to see how many attend and how this pans out...will be interesting none-the-less.

UPDATE: Protesters are NOT allowed in the stock exchange due to it being 'private land'. Police are blocking the entrances.

Edit: Here is the livestream

www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Watching the livestream coming from Ireland, some great speeches being made. These people certainly know how to make their case, OWS NYC could learn a lot/

www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Let's hope it doesn't kick off like August, or like Rome has done at their Occupy protests today. I am concerned it could well do though. Maybe not instigated by those there to peacefully protest, but by the same bandwagoners that hijacked the peaceful protest that started the London Riots.

Sky news reported earlier of cars being burned and shop fronts being vandalised in Rome...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Old 'Head Boy Cameron' will be foaming at the mouth at this.

Do you have any idea what it would cost even for one day's disruption of the Stock Exchange here and also, do not forget, we have the jolly old Olympics. Head Boy will bring in the Army to back up the cops, Navy up the Thames, the Airforce will be coming down ropes from those big black hellicopter. I suspect as we an island

I actually think that the more disruption the public create the more it will start to re-focus our Government on the needs of this country and what the people here expect of it. . In todays world if you look at some of our Politicians and their achievements for this country you actually feel utterly betrayed. What exactly was Oliver Letwin up to posting Government papers into rubbish bins in various parks. Would anyone with any common sense do this yet this is who is advising our Head Boy?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Julian Assange attends along with Anon members... There are peeps still there...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mouldilocks

It's mostly the planted 'agent provocateurs' that usually start or otherwise stir up the violence.

Oldest trick in the book...start the aggro, stir up a raging riot, slip back to police lines for coffee and biscuits and a slap on the back for starting the end of the protest.

Violence starts - riot police charge in on horseback, gas is fired, water cannon and herding into 'holding zones' begins.

The MSM is on hand to show what a bunch of thugs the protesters are, public support dribbles away, protest over.

It works EVERY time.

Someone needs to be looking for hard evidence of these infiltrators, record the proof, and publish it asap so the public knows what is really going on, and will continue to support the principles behind the protests.

Or else, all they'd see yet again, is yobs out to break their boredom and maybe grab a new telly or phone in the process, and not what the real protest is about.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

It's mostly the planted 'agent provocateurs' that usually start or otherwise stir up the violence.

Exactly what my thoughts were, and that the bandwagoners and opportunists seized the chance.

The MSM is on hand to show what a bunch of thugs the protesters are, public support dribbles away, protest over.

It works EVERY time.

It does. I was discussing this very tactic this afternoon.

Someone needs to be looking for hard evidence of these infiltrators, record the proof, and publish it asap so the public knows what is really going on, and will continue to support the principles behind the protests.

Or else, all they'd see yet again, is yobs out to break their boredom and maybe grab a new telly or phone in the process, and not what the real protest is about.

You think it will turn violent? My hope is that there are enough people who genuinely want to exercise their right to peaceful protest there to quash any attempts.

new topics

top topics

join