It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS and the paid off police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Okay from what I gather the majority of the police are in the bankers and corporate pockets.

What is stopping the protesters from hiring armed* security guards to prevent overt police brutality?
It is fundementally wrong when taxpayers have to pay to hire guards to protect them from the people who their taxes support and are supposed to be protecting them in the first place. However that is where we are now and the solution is to hire security guards.

Why don't they? If money is a problem I'm sure the people who support the movement but can't be there might be able to donate to a security force.

*The good ones that know the laws and where the line is drawn. Not bargain basement securityguards.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

When it comes to protests, the police ARE the law.
Security guards would just make matters worse.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I'd think the place to look is well above the police on the street. Watching the various cities is fascinating but it shows something too. Cops are capable of large scale brutality and they are capable of being very respectful and peaceful. Some difference comes from the culture of the city and department, but I think the vast majority is coming from what orders each set of police are being given.

I think the majority of cops are working guys like the rest of us that, after enough years, also have a slightly different view of the world and everyone in it. If they aren't ordered to create new headaches and make life harder for themselves by fighting with protesters, I don't believe the vast majority will. There are exceptions like a certain commander in New York City we've watched here recently....but those are the few on THAT side to watch out for regardless. Just my thinking.....

new topics

join