It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Rumbling Noises in St. Louis 10-14-2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm glad it isn't just me hearing this. It has been going on for months now in my area and it's a constant thing too, I'll hear it for awhile during the day and then during the very late/early hours. And this is every day.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

No you're not alone. I in myself feel strange almost like I have the flu coming, or I can feel a change in the air. Lately I have started to feel very faint and then awhile later, I'll hear about something happening in space (be it theory or factual) or another disaster here on Earth. I've been told that it's not necessarily 'magic' or anything weird, it's just some people are more perceptive the changes going on both on and outside of Earth so I take it as that, nothing to worry about as such, you're just in tune with everything =)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've been hearing alot of clicking sounds in my ear lately. It's happened hundreds of times over the past 20+ years... and it's been quite awhile since the last time I heard them... but this time they've been VERY persistent. Sometimes during the day... but always after hitting the sack.
edit on 15-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Howdy I live in South Africa and a couple of nights I have felt a deep vibration but I can't say with what frequency they occur I must start writing them down when they happen ,by the way did you happen to notice if any animals were affected birds dog's etc. They normally start acting strange way before something like this happens and they are a very good indicator to look for.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Definitely not a natural or even normal man made noise. I know train rumbles, boat roars, quarry explosions, etc. This is a rumble like something is moving in a major way.

As for fracking, I have been feeling the quakes from Arkansas up here. I am close to the river and north of the Arkansas quakes, but can feel the shimmying. I report them to USGS. It is a funny quivering feeling.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rainyday

I live in the Karst Protection District which means I live in the sinkhole area. The quivers from the fracking quakes in Arkansas reach my place. I think the sounds and vibrations conduct up the riverway. Since I am a mile from the river (Missouri), it makes sense I am on shaky ground.

There are definitely weird noises unlike any I have ever heard before and more of them.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

take a look at this:

www.divinecosmos.com...

I think these are the sound from an air vent that is coming out of the nearby underground base that is close to where you live.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thank you for reporting this!

It made me realize that I have heard noises like this, too.

I am on Capitol Hill in Seattle. I have sometimes heard a low rumbling noise at night when the room and environment were pretty quiet. The sound was subtle enough that it could be easily drowned out. But I got the impression that it wasn't on all the time, because some nights I could hear it and other nights, or other times at night, I couldn't hear it at all.

I didn't report it because it just wasn't quite strong enough for me to be sure of what was going on.

But when I heard it, it sounded like it was coming from below me (underground). It didn't seem to come through the air at all.

I know they are drilling tunnels under this area for a subway line. But I have no way to correlate that activity with what I heard.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So I did my research/homework and found that the direction my wife and I looked to when we heard this noise was approx West N.West.

Definitely weird but I am glad I finally got to see/hear what all of the hubub was about.
Not that I ever doubted anyone but, it is one thing to hear testimony and quite another to experience it yourself.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
My guess would be the tectonic plates shifting faster than normal for some reason, who knows, maybe in a few hundred to thousand years America will crash into Japan?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

How far down South do you need? I was visiting my sister for a week down in South Carolina this past week, and I heard/felt something like that twice.

As in South Africa, that far south
I should have been more specific.

All these strange noises seems to be happening in the Northern Hemisphere. I have not come across one thread about strange sounds from my side of the world, or from the Southern Hemisphere.

*Just read cookiemonster' post up there. So, it does seem that S.Africa get these sounds, too..

Cheers cookiemonter

edit on 10/16/2011 by qonone because: added

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Very disturbing in deed, i was on a website the other day and i can't remember which one but someone uploaded the sound they could here and it was very loud and i would say it was drilling and constant i don't know how people could sleep through it, it was so loud very annoying, but of course we all know that there are huge cities below us so it could be military but then again there are tunnels too where aliens reside too, in september some good aliens enclosed the bad aliens in to stop them getting out, the good aliens also disable the nukes we have, now last week i watched a very very disturbing film on youtube called the tunnel it's located in australia and it's a documentary of a journalist and camera crew go into the tunnel to find out why people are going missing and why no one will talk about it, and in the tunnel is a lake and all i can call this monster is a reptillian alien that has huge eyes then slides back into the lake but the film is horrific and it's true this is not a hollywood horror movie it's difficult to view because it is being filmed in a tunnel so not much lighting very interesting THE TUNNEL

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

We've been hearing some odd sounds here in Cincinnati, too. It's been going on for the last month or so, & generally happens between 11PM-4AM, about twice a week. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it; it's a loud, roaring noise that comes from the air, as though one were standing next to Niagra Falls. It reminds me of the words of Ezekiel in the Bible, where he describes the "wheels within wheels" that made the sounds of many great waters.

Another thing these noises remind me of is the books of Charles Fort. In some of them he reports similar sounds, heard all over the world- most of the stories are from the 19th century, long before there were any human-made aircraft. No one ever saw what was making the sounds. Other sounds were heard then, too, similar to sonic booms. These noises occurred everywhere from the US to India.

Great thread- star & flag.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Since it's 4:30am here and I'm lazy, I'm going to copy and paste a reply I post to another thread on this very subject just different location:

Well, today I heard a mix of drilling and whirring noises with the occasional clank that sounded like a growl. I recorded audio and a few video's of it but it were so windy and a ton of cars came through you can't make the sounds out. Listening to the audio with headphones though the mix of the wind and the noises sounded like a demonic argument lol I'll see if happens in the early a.m again when my area is pretty quiet and see what I can record. Again as for where it is, my bet is it's underground, not sky/space bound, as to what, who freaking knows....we can guess and put clues together, even be 100% sure we know what it is. 'They'll' never tell us... at least not until it's too late and us mere 'non important' humans are left standing there cursing 'them' as they wave happily going into underground bunkers. They really do suck LOL. I'll happily draw the 'aliens' a map of where to find the douches. If it's a 'natural' disaster (i.e Mother Nature spanking us for the b.s 'they' keep doing) that they're preparing for then...well, bon voyage, see all you ATS members on the other side as they say lol

Now I were outside about half an hour ago since a lot of the time, the whirring noise is around this time and the clanking during the day but this a.m there is no noise which isn't odd, it is quiet every now and again, I'll try and get a recording tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
For the record, i too have recently heard this noise for the last 3 or 4 nights. My partner and myself hear it at night while the road is quiet, its quite loud but the frequency is so low its probably mostly in the un-audible range, i can feel it vibrating.

Its a deep monotonous noise, sounds like its oscillating, sounds a bit like binaural beats.

I live in Swansea UK

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah well, thanks for all of the replies.
If nothing else comes of this I at least know that there are others who hear/feel the same thing.
It is comforting to know that it isn't just me.
Whatever is going on, it seems to be getting worse or at least more frequent.
It is very important for people to start individual threads when they experience this for themselves.
Raising awareness is paramount.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Yeah well, thanks for all of the replies.
If nothing else comes of this I at least know that there are others who hear/feel the same thing.
It is comforting to know that it isn't just me.
Whatever is going on, it seems to be getting worse or at least more frequent.
It is very important for people to start individual threads when they experience this for themselves.
Raising awareness is paramount.

The only problem with starting threads similar to others is you get replies like "Someone already post about this..." or "Someone beat you to it..." with them failing to see a difference in location lol That and they may end up getting removed if we're all posting similar threads (again, with different locations bearing no importance to some....)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KJellybean

Even if it's the SAME location it deserves its own thread!
Why?
Because I want to know if someone heard the same sound I heard a week later.
The more threads, the more awareness.
Sure we could just make ONE thread for each topic here on ATS.
It would get pretty difficult to have any coherent discussion in the 911 thread that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Pretty difficult indeed LOL

But still, some people won't bother due to people slamming their thread or no one replying to it, not saying I don't agree but you know, I've noticed that that's how it is here with various topics....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hi all was busy checking online video's about all these strange noises all over the place ,one stands out for me it was shot in Florida the noise gets very loud indeed the people think it is a tornado and get the kids into the bathroom then the woman taking the footage calls 911 to ask if there is a tornado warning but she is told there is none then near the end of the footage there is a flash in the sky and the sound dies away instantly ,this footage freaked me out the most.
enjoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join