It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Rumbling Noises in St. Louis 10-14-2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread! I was just reading an email from a friend describing this very thing in PA.... She will be very interested in this thread when she finally shows up on ATS.

I have felt something like you are describing most of my adult life here in Alaska. I have always associated it to *tension in the earth* that is what it feels like to me. I have always been sensitive to earthquakes, I chalk it up to having been in the Good Friday Quake of 64...

The main thing I can say about it is like you described its more of a feeling than a hearing, although on some level my ears ARE hearing *something* most of the time I feel this there is a big earthquake someplace but not always in my area.

The difference in what I feel as opposed to how you described your experience is I feel it like more a *wave* passing under me. Sometimes I can sense the direction it comes from and the direction it goes, but not always.

I find it interesting many other people are beginning to notice something I have been aware of for a very long time.

A few points of interest or perhaps explanation, and I wont put any priority or likelihood of them, only their existence.

I live only 125 miles from HAARP

I have always has some kind of sensitivity to feeling *waves* I have considered they are either Pwaves or Swaves but not sure. I often feel earthquakes no one else around me does (I feel shaking during quakes on the other side of the world at times)

Before both the Chile and Haiti quakes I was feeling the waves almost daily AND my ears started being affected, I got almost allergy icky ear symptoms

Ley lines and faults might be the reason people feel them all over the place now

Sometimes I have also noted visual, hmmm *changes* things look more dense, textures seem wrong somehow but it only lasts a short time and then its gone so it's difficult to really get a good enough *look* at things to describe well

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has noticed these other indicators or symptoms

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cool beans. And yet again, a location right of the very edge of the auroral oval.

(the arrow is not related...it's not far off though!)
edit on 15-10-2011 by markymint because: added map boyakasha

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
As silly as this sounds,
it sounded like the first 40 seconds of this video if you can block out all of the fans screaming.
It sounded pretty much exactly like this though.
link

Sorry, that's the best I could do for my frame of reference.
Pretty sad I know but,
A little "Kiss" never hurt anyone......unless it's from grandma,ewww.

Now if someone could tell the God of Thunder to turn down his amp that'd be great!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If anyone else heard this I would like to know.

Washington state around Seattle Tacoma. Heard the very deep rumbling sound around 6 pm pacific time.

The rumble would last 10 seconds, stop, then come back 10 seconds later. Almost like a switch was turning it off and on. Went on for 15 minutes or so . I was freaked out a little. I started looking in different directions and could not figure it out.

This sound is real folks. And someone needs to get to the bottom of it. It was a very freaky thing.

I told my wife she did not believe me. Maybe the sound will be back today.

Edit to add: Thoughts of how to explain what it sounded like would be like a 800 foot monster breathing heavily.
I also wonder weather it could have anything to do with earthquakes.

A gut feeling also wonders weather or not the sound is a new technology to reduce jet engine noise pollution. I heard stories airline engine makers are experimenting with designs to change the sound coming from jet engines. Like a car muffler or sorts. It would change the extremely loud jet engine noise to a different frequency to make it less audible to the human ear.

edit on 15-10-2011 by wiredamerican because: More thoughts.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've felt/heard these strange occurances maybe 3 to 5 times throughout the last 20 years or so in different parts of PA that I've lived in, and one of those times in Maine. I at first attributed them to a steel mill close by, or possibly a quaray, also close by. Until I lived in an area which had neither close by and experienced it again. I've always explained them similar to the way you have here, but you're right, until you hear/feel it for yourself you don't understand. Great thread, thanks.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

that's actually a fairly decent reference, i've heard a similar sound before, where it was a mix between feeling and hearing audibly, out here in in my neck of the woods....i'm sure you've heard a train idling by at slow speed before....was the sound similar?

edit on 15-10-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I've yet to hear/feel the DEEP vibration/rumbling that everyone talks about... but about 2-3 weeks ago I had the windows wide open and was startled out of my sleep around midnight by a loud WHOOSHING sound that came from out of the sky. I was so intrigued by the sound... that I crawled out of bed to go look out my livingroom window(s). About a minute later I spotted a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) white/blue helicopter that was all lit up like a Christmas tree flying about 1000 feet (maybe less) above the ground and making a wide swing towards the municiple airport. It was very quiet that night. No wind... not even a slight breeze. And despite how quiet it was outside... and with all my windows wide open... I couldn't hear the helicopter flying right over the field next to us about a quarter mile away. Not a sound.

I should add... that I can FEEL the presence of a helicopter coming from miles away by the beat of it's blades lo-o-o-o-ng before I ever catch sight of them. So this particular helicopter... the likes I have never seen before has got me stumped. Not to detract from the OP... but has anyone any ideas as to what may have been going on???
edit on 15-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

You should check out my 'rumbling' thread, in my sig. You are not imagining it!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Interesting. And scary. From what I've seen and read on this, a lot of people have said they feel vibrations. I do wonder if it's vibrations from deep underground drilling.

Of course the next question would be what are they drilling for. People are hearing this stuff all over the world. Really is unnerving when you think about it. What's going on that we don't know about?
Thank goodness i havent heard the noises
but, we all know what drilling sounds like. Those sounds are evil and angelic at times from what i've seen on Youtube. It varies.
The unknown is always scary and i hope i dont hear anything. I couldnt cope.
For sure they are drilling, but drilling doesnt sound like the OMEN, or some horror movie.
I'm scared.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i,ve read and watched youtube vids about this,to me its real and i wait till it happens and we have hundreds of thousands hear it and wait with great intrest with what the goverments give as an explanation.then again they may have already tried to give 1 and i,ve missed it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

There's nothing like experiencing unusual things for yourself! That's why I avoid reacting negatively to people who post things they've experienced and write about here on ATS. Who am I to say it didn't happen to them.

I agree there are a lot of people posting things here about weird noises. When you get a lot of people hearing the same thing, you have to side with the probability that what they heard was real. Lets hope someone eventually is an eyewitness to the source and they can shed some light on this mystery.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To the OP, I wake up around 3:30am and leave for work around 4, maybe once a week tops I hear/ feel that standing near a subwoofer sensation pressing on my chest. Feels like it's from the direction of the city itself. I live directly acroos the river from Harrahs in the bluffs. I am a ironworker in the city and will honeslty tell you St.Louis is built on quicksand and caves. Uncle worked for peabody coal mines for a long time but was transferred to colorado when they closed off several of the mines beneath the city. That knocks out one possibiltiy. Saw a earlier post that mentioned "fracking", great idea however our gas is all piped in from the south. Laclede has it's massive tower down the hill from the building I work in.
If you get a idea of the direction it came from see if farmington is in that path. Big concrete plant being built, lots of quarry work. Doesn't explain the early morning noises but anything sun up to sun down maybe.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great report! You described it very well. I have been on this subject for some time now, and have started making a map of the locations of the reports. I'll add yours and the others here to it. I recorded it when I heard it. It is on my thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... if you want to hear mine. I have many recordings there, and a map on the last page showing locations if you want to check that out. Please don't think I am trying to re direct your thread, I just wanted you to see the map most of all. It's not complete by any means, but we are still working on it. I also have a map showing other countries that have been hearing it (also not finished yet). The sheer amount of reports were overwhelming when we started on the map....I literally have half of a notebook full not on the map yet. Here is the link to the last page where the map is (it's a very long thread) www.abovetopsecret.com... When you go back to the park, bring a camera or something so if you hear it again, you can record it ok? Good luck, and thanks for reporting it!

edit on 10/15/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Just made a thread with all these strange noises from 2011, over 1 hour of recorded sounds...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

How far down South do you need? I was visiting my sister for a week down in South Carolina this past week, and I heard/felt something like that twice.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

edit on 15-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I live in west Virgina..Ive have felt some shaking going on lately but no noises...Have you looked for any earthquakes on a earthquake map??Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

As I have stated before, it appears that the entire North American Plate craton may be uplifting, the noise you are hearing is a tremendous release of energy that is being released into the atmosphere and that is why it seems nonlocal, you can;t really place it. The North American Plate Craton is about 600 miles thick but is layered(not a single mass) the layers run around 75 to 100 miles thick and lay on top of each other. The other thing that most people do not realize is that the magnetic poles are changing, and as they change the land moves according to the change. The plates follow the magnetics, adjust to the change. That however usually shows itself in seismic movement and can be detected. Around the edges of the NOrth American Plate are our coastlines, much shallower in depth and are considered deformations and not part of the Plate. As the Plate uplifts, you are bound to get tremendous sounds. A fault system that at one time was dormant that runs down the center of the U.S. from Lake Superior down has become active due to contemporary stresses, at one time this plate nearly tore the continent in half. These sounds are showing up around the entire planet, the core of the earth is changing and the crust will change with it. We know very little about core activity. Wish we knew more.......

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
my husbands just coming home from Tower Grove Park/Shaw/Botanical area...I will ask him if he heard or felt anything...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Did you happen to notice what or how the wildlife around you was reacting? Were the birds all flying off? Or was it all quiet?...
How about the weather? Was it cloudy, hazy, or clear? Was the wind blowing? Had it just rained or was it dry out?
edit on 15-10-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join