It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Rumbling Noises in St. Louis 10-14-2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am not suggesting the end of the world nor am I closed to the possibility of this being something completely normal.

The wife and I were taking a walk with our baby in his stroller on a walking trail in a local park
just South and West of St. Louis this afternoon when I finally heard "it".

All of the hubub about strange noises being heard all over the world never really struck a cord with me
because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't really grasp the magnitude of what people were talking about.
You can't really understand just what people are talking about by watching a video as the crappy mic in most camcorders mixed with most people's crappy sound system if any, hooked to their computers doesn't do it justice when compared to people's testimony of the event.

It didn't last more than 20 seconds and it wasn't as loud as some people have reported but it was DEEP.
I am not sure if I actually "heard" it or if I FELT it. or maybe both.
All I know is, it stopped us both in our tracks and we just stood there as I shouted out a few explitives.

"WHAT THE F**** was that" ?!?!?!?!

We walked a little further and I had to go to the crappy restrooms that you would find in any county run park and as I was sitting there doin my thang, it happened again.
Needless to say......it scared the $*** out of me
:lol
So I didn't say anything when I came out and we continued our walk.
I was hoping maybe it was all in my head and I was just hearing/feeling things when my wife turns to me and says "It happened again while you were in the bathroom, did you feel it"?

So yeah, then I knew I wasn't crazy......not because of this at least.
We both heard it, but not sure if anyone else did.

It was a bright beautiful sunny day and thunder is completely out of the question.

We visit this park regulary and have for years.

It was a sound that was WELL off in the distance and couldn't be determined whether or not it was coming from the ground or the sky. It was just sooo deep.
If anyone else heard this I would like to know.
Also, I just wanted to post this just in case the big one happened, there would be SOME indication that there MAY have been a warning.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)[/editby:
edit on 15-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Sounds very much like what I have experienced here in the Pacific Northwest. You are right, it is very hard to explain to someone. You feel it more than hear it, which is why it's so difficult to record.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I live in St. Louis too. I was at the baseball game tonight. I thought I heard felt that too, but then again, it could have just been the game atmosphere.

I will ask my neighbors and see if they experienced it as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Interesting. And scary. From what I've seen and read on this, a lot of people have said they feel vibrations. I do wonder if it's vibrations from deep underground drilling.

Of course the next question would be what are they drilling for. People are hearing this stuff all over the world. Really is unnerving when you think about it. What's going on that we don't know about?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I understand what you are saying. With very low frequency vibration the ear starts becoming inefficient and the rest of the body’s sense of touch starts to take over.

I wonder if i will ever hear "it" down South.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I'm gonna say this as opposed to the other reply that was only a little less positive.

Out of all the videos I've watched and all the testimonies I've read and watched. Which have left me completely unconvinced. This lil piece you put together here is the most convincing thing I've heard to date. I like it when
people can use words, to describe exactly, everything that was going on around them, during an occurance.
The way you use the word " deep". Your discription of not knowing if you were hearing or feeling it. By the way I hope everything came out ok during your little sit down.
Shut up Randy, your sick.
Seriously tho. I believe you.
edit on 15-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't know, the Booms, I heard tonight, felt like an earthquake. Maybe they were doing drills there too.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

~Very strange...your timing with this thread is impeccable.
~I really thought it was all in my head and it may still be, but I have been feeling/hearing that vibration, too. I've questioned it because what I've been experiencing is not even audible...it's like a very low frequency. But, in my head or not, it still had me wondering about the sounds that were being heard everywhere. It's been a while since they were discussed and oddly, I was thinking it was due time for the subject to pop up again.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thank you for sharing this and your level of detail. That is getting reasonably close to where I live in terms of these. Perhaps I'll finally be able to hear myself what I've been reading about and collecting reports about for weeks now.

You don't happen to have a sense of which direction 'off in the distance' it was do you? Just compass direction perhaps?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
reply to post by westcoast

I understand what you are saying. With very low frequency vibration the ear starts becoming inefficient and the rest of the body’s sense of touch starts to take over.

I wonder if i will ever hear "it" down South.

~That's an excellent way of putting it..."inefficient ears"...lol. That's why I can't say for certain that it's real...my ears are telling me I'm nuts because they aren't picking up on anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

How far south? I live in FL and about two weeks ago I heard a rumble in the sky, I lived near a Naval air station so I use to certain aircraft noises- C130's the sonic boom of a F-18 super hornet and on and on even Airforce one and the Super Guppie (the largest jet around it carries the space shuttle INSIDE IT) came to my area and NONE could come close. It sounded like the shuttle during take off only with more vibes than blast if that makes any sense

Seems like they are every where these days

edit on 15-10-2011 by merkej23 because: miss spelled a few things

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

There were lots of earthquakes on the miss river in new madrid area last week, so it does not surprise me.
Thanks for sharing this because either you are a great fiction writer or you and your wife really felt something.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You don't happen to have a sense of which direction 'off in the distance' it was do you? Just compass direction perhaps?

Yes, it WAS definately coming from a particular if not general direction.
Right now I just can't get a visual in my mind as to which direction it came from as far as the cardinal diections are concerned so,
I am going to go back to the park this afternoon with a compass and stand where I stood, and sit where I sat,

and make notations. I'll report back this evening.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Could it have come from the quarry/mine near the JB bridge? Just curious as to the direction the sound/feeling came from.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I am near Jamestown Mall waaayyyyy up in North County. I have been hearing rumbles and booms and hissing noises for a while now, on and off. Probably they have been going on for a while and I have just paid much attention until this past year.

About 2:45-3:15 PM yesterday I heard the rumbles-weird isn't it? Deep and almost like machinery rumbling but lower toned.
Keep track of them and keep posting about them, like I do. Awareness is important.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Fracking perhaps? There is a lot of it going on!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Absolutely!
That's what it's all about...AWARENESS!

This was not an overpoweringly LOUD sound but it was just not natural.
It had no place in my frame of reference.
It didn't "sound" like anything I could easily compare it to.
That is what made it stand out.
Not the volume but the fact that it was so DEEP and sustained.
20 seconds doesn't SEEM like a long time and it is nothing compared to the several minuites to sometimes hours
that some people are reporting wordwide but I've gotta tell you,
when you are feeling like you are standing in front of a subwoofer that may be 50 miles away and you still feel the reverberation in your chest from a long drawn out note, 20 secs is waay too long to be able to just write it off as a bomb blast.

It literally had a "note" that you could have played on a piano if there would have been one present.
I'm not sure what note it was but it was definately a singular note/hum that could be duplicated using a synthesizer if you were so inclined.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes possibly.
I wouldn't know what in the hell fracking sounds like so that's as good of an explination as any.
I just am not sure if there is any fracking going on near here.
If indeed it was fracking, they need to stop that # pronto.

When you are able to make mother earth moan like that by raping her nothing good can possibly come of it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, seeing as here in the UK, we're hearing it as well (myself personally for months now) I think it's safe to say none of us are crazy (though to the general public we probably are lol), I too feel it is some distance away but still loud enough for me to feel/hear it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe it's a precursor to a Madrid fault earthquake?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join