It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters are doing exactly what the Elites wanted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I maybe alone in this but I doubt it, every video I watch,every peice of footage I see. All I see is the world standing up for what they believe should happen,The Elite knew this would happen,who wouldnt? The Response is now to come. All Protesters have played right into their hands. When the Military and Police come to take people away,if the protests go sour and they will. Dont feel hate towards the soldiers or the law enforcers,They see it from the otherside of the coin,they see it as a rowdy mob of people that have been out in the sun too long. They dont deserve the backlash,the Protestors are the ones with their fingers on the trigger. The Elites are waiting for you to pull.
edit on 15-10-2011 by 13arrows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
definitely not alone

one just has to consider all the other "revolutions' happening around the world - especially the mideast countries and realize its just the next stage of destruction.

destruction.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows
I maybe alone in this but I doubt it, every video I watch,every peice of footage I see. All I see is the world standing up for what they believe should happen,The Elite knew this would happen,who wouldnt? The Response is now to come. All Protesters have played right into their hands. When the Military and Police come to take people away,if the protests go sour and they will. Dont feel hate towards the soldiers or the law enforcers,They see it from the otherside of the coin,they see it as a rowdy mob of people that have been out in the sun too long. They dont deserve the backlash,the Protestors are the ones with their fingers on the trigger. The Elites are waiting for you to pull.
edit on 15-10-2011 by 13arrows because: (no reason given)

What, haven't the soldiers or police got a brain to see through the elites plan you mention?

BTW, I agree it certainly could be a plan but the police/soldiers also have a choice to make..

Who's side are they on ??

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

I think I am close to giving up on the people that are against "TPTB". When nothing is being done, they all shout, "Rise against TPTB", when people are protesting they all shout, "stop it, you are doing exactly as they want!". What are people supposed to do!? Start killing people they disagree with? Or hugging them? What exactly is supposed to happen to show that everyone is against TPTB????

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Or maybe this is what they want you to think so that we fight amongst ourselves about what to do?

Who knows that TPTB want? Twists and turns, it could lead us nowhere.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I agree to a great extent. All we are witnessing with the "occupy" protests is text-book predictable human behavior...Revolutions are nothing new to the world, protests are nothing new...

here is a thread I authored on some of my thoughts regarding the issue:

The REVOLUTION...think again...

although this thread wasn't popular at the time I have been seeing more and more people posting this possibility as of late...

Its too far along now and people are too determined to be swayed away from predictable behavior at this point...

I'm just watching it unfold with an arm-chair support for the movement in the event that I may be wrong and the protests actually "work"...history says they wont though...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It isn't what they want, are you thick? You don't seem to get that the plan is to systematically absorb the wealth and have the power given to them. Martial law isn't going to solve the problem of a population in uprising. The collective memory of better times are too fresh. Add to this the fact we are Americans and we think differently than most of the world about many things. We are not afraid to stand up and say this far and no further, it has just taken awhile because not enough people were affected by the breaking of the American people.

The elites want you to go quietly in the night. Using the police or the military only works so far because Americans have been all raised to an ideal of who we are and what we stand for. When it becomes a choice of which side they will be on it is unlikely to be many against the people. And even if for some reason they didn't if too many end up dead than whats the point? All they will have done is created a smaller population with upward economic mobility that can eventually challenge them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I blieve thats what scared people think... us to be scared is definately what those in power want.
To scared to move, to scared to even think about our inalienable freedoms, when they come to take them away.

I agree with LeTan, partisanship is fueled 24/7 via the Mainstream Media and thats a trick just as old as spreding fear, its called "divide and conquer".

If we really have to fight for our freedoms again one day... we can win.
If we don't even try... then we already lost.
edit on 15-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

"...history says they wont though...

Im not sure what 'history' you studied, but in the real world, protest and revolution have always been the engine of change and progress. The united states itself was born of a successful revolution. Here is a list of revolutions and protests through the ages (most of them successful) for you to read through in the comfort of your armchair, while people on the streets try to create a better future for you... en.wikipedia.org...

If you have stumbled upon some great truth or wisdom that allows for change without protests or revolts, im sure everyone would love to hear it..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you're in in control and you wanna stay in control. YOu cause/create a problem that you will inevitably correct, thus you end up being the hero. In my opinion this is how THEY survive...perpetuating their own existence, BUT i don't see them controlling this at all. I see a group of people saying "'SNIP' YOU." If your child says to you "snip" you. what do you do? find a way to console them to where you are not at fault. the way of their game is to whirlwind # from every direction so that they may stay on top.

I say "snip" the whirlwind. Ride that "snip" out and then throw it back in their faces. They think we are dumb pieces of "snip." they hope we are dumb pieces of "snip." but we really aren't. W e are human like they are human. We Poop like they poop. We live like they live. we are the cake and they are the icing...

I say "snip" them. i hate cake and especially icing. I am a PERSON....they are PEOPLE...and that's IT. I used to beat up my friends cause they beat me in 'Pac Man." They know what it's like...we know what it's like. We all lived a dumbed down parody of THE bigger picture, BUT we are still at the bottom eating all the #..."snipin" cock roaches.

If I had an asteroid I would ask him to wake EVERYONE up!!!!

We live on ball in the middle of a miracle that we are SO FAR from understanding. Whoever dreamt their dream to begin with? I wish they had been hugged a bit more...cause they're tryin to steal all of what they THINK is love. What a stupid game it is!!!! In the end who wins? US....always US. the PEOPLE...the infinitely united PEOPLE.
edit on 10/2/2011 by doyouremember because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I CALL BULL#### ON THIS POST. doing exactly what the handlers want. seriously

why do you think it is in the news, why is private corps paying NY police, and others to nuture the situation,

Op.your a pawn with less than a clue with said circumstances,but hey. plead the fifth

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Just wait till these protests turn ugly and then we'll see what happens. thats what im saying,the ball is in the protestors court.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

This sort of fuzzy thinking is why nobody takes ATS too seriously. "The powers that be" are not like in the movies, chuckles. There is no omniscient organization that controls everything. There is no "NWO," there is no "shadow government," or any of these other things that conspiracy sites keep blathering about.

You have several hundred independent, unconnected organizations - corporations, for the most part - who all happen to have the same goal - wealth extraction. They do not really act in concert (since ultimately each will have to see the others destroyed in order to be "successful.) This perhaps creates an illusion, a phantom of control... but what it really is is just a bunch of random twats doing stuff that random twats do; they just happen to have the cash to be effective at it.

No, "the powers that be" such as they are, did not "forsee this." See, they don't prepare for this sort of stuff. There are no contingency plans, nothing like that... because they imagine that they will never need them. Politicians, being wealthy themselves, will always side with their fellow classmen (As will a pitifully large segment of the American public, since they've been trained from birth to do so.) Actions have no repercussions, so who cares if hte proles say something? It doesn't help that the United States has about hte weakest protest culture in the world.

US Protestor: "Hey hey, ho ho, we're not gonna go!"
Cop: "You guys have got to go"
US Protestor: "Okay."

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by Sly1one

"...history says they wont though...

Im not sure what 'history' you studied, but in the real world, protest and revolution have always been the engine of change and progress. The united states itself was born of a successful revolution. Here is a list of revolutions and protests through the ages (most of them successful) for you to read through in the comfort of your armchair, while people on the streets try to create a better future for you... en.wikipedia.org...

If you have stumbled upon some great truth or wisdom that allows for change without protests or revolts, im sure everyone would love to hear it..

did you read the thread I linked at all? I wen't over your concerns in decent detail...

While you believe "revolution" successfully made this country possible I would agree...but look where we are now? look where were going? My point is that revolutions are inefficient as their "solutions" are only sustainable for short periods of time (few generations) before ultimately the system created from the previous revolution becomes the reason for the next revolution...its INSANE, its a predictable pattern of behavior. If you can predict how people are going to behave you can plan several steps ahead of them.

The primitive flight or fight mechanism has been used to corral the human race into the same scheme over and over again throughout history...

The version of history I was taught was probably the same as yours....I have looked closer at it to see the "revolution" as the mechanism that it is...

I suggest you read my thread...It covers my perspective much better than this reply.

As far as a better solution goes...The only sustainable thing I can think of is for the refusal of ANY government or LEADERSHIP and the complete destruction of "authority" based "ruling" structures...the people would be wise to not be naive enough to think any form of governance will not eventually rule them...

We live in viscous cycles because we are an insane people who do the same thing over and over again expecting different results...
edit on 15-10-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit to add: and for those who are pro "democracy" and majority vote...realize that Hitlers Germany if it were democratic would have still had its goals...the people were "brainwashed" and "influenced"...If the majority of the world were racist that wouldn't make it right would it?
edit on 15-10-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

After reading this post and your thread I agree with much of what you are pointing out. But I still support what the OWS movement is doing and hope it grows and brings about some real change in our system. Even if its doomed to failure a few generations down the line, we still owe it to ourselves and our children to create a better future 'no matter how short lived it may be'. I guess thats how most of the revolutionaries in history looked at things. We have to keep fighting injustice forever, until a time when we truly have a civilization we can be proud of. If it takes 10,000 'or however many years' of endless revolutionary cycles to achieve that aim 'so be it'.

Owell once wrote: If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. I hope he was wrong, and that we can create a better future 'a lasting one'.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The protesters need to show peace and love towards the police instead of edging them on. I see a new video everyday of some stupid protestor taunting cops so that they can get a good clip for youtube...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
definitely not alone

one just has to consider all the other "revolutions' happening around the world - especially the mideast countries and realize its just the next stage of destruction.

destruction.

I may add to this that there is two way of seeing the word "destruction".

One way is the negative side of by considering it is the breaking or making a big change on something for the worse.

The positive side also, which is the one to consider imho, is that destruction is only part of a cycle which will lead to something better thereafter. After the storm comes the beautiful sky is one way to explain this positive aspect which I think is to be considered. Everything that happens had a meaning and was meant to be this way so I just watch the show.

What do you guys make of it?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I doubt the elites wanted a light on their corrupt practice of buying politicans to make the rules so they win everytime

just let the protests be what they are

new topics

top topics

join