It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street protests go global

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Full story www.stuff.co.nz... eet-protests-go-global

LATEST: About 2000 people are in Auckland's Aotea Square this afternoon as part of a global Occupy movement than began in Wall Street, New York.
About 200 turned out in Wellington and 30 in Christchurch.

Auckland's action began with 300 people marching up Queen St - avoiding a much larger gathering of Samoans in Shortland St where Manu Samoan player Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu was facing the International Rugby Board over his tweeting habits.

They have begun to listen to speeches and plan further action.

Havnt really been p[aying much attention to the wall street thing, but now its reached us all the way in New Zealand?Well it seems this is quite a big deal, and am glad to be a kiwi! will be heading into town soon to pitch in

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I here Canada will be joining in, eh. Hope its not a Vancouver style thing, eh.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Haha its about time, its also started here in Melbourne with 750 protesters attending with already heaps of police on horseback kicking back and watching, all is peaceful.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I saw the map of the protests planed for today and it brought tears in my eyes.The entire world is standing up against the elites.

map.15october.net...

I don't know if the whole occupy thing will work,but i guess it's better than sitting on a couch and do nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Haha its about time, its also started here in Melbourne with 750 protesters attending with already heaps of police on horseback kicking back and watching, all is peaceful.

About an hour ago I happened to stumble across (local talkback radio station) 3AW, who had a guy on that had been to the Melbourne protests.
His 'report' was scathing. Pathetic, he said. He described an uncoordinated bunch of people with no clear message, complaining about 10 or 12 wildly different issues.
He said (twice) that he has no problem with people protesting. Its one of the things you should do in a democratic society. But if you are going to occupy an area, tie up police resources and interfere with pedestrian and vehicle traffic then at least *present a clear message to the public* so they know why on earth you are there.

So the way it was described to Melbourne listeners was that if you're someone who wants to whine and complain about something... thats what the protest was about.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yea true, the area the protests are in, in my city, it is going to cause a nightmare for the city busses because they drop off people there.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I guess the Melbourne one was very poorly organised and too hasty, they shouldnt have just started it for the sake of copying America but instead organised a better date and get more numbers along with a main idea, but then again you heard it from the RADIO.

top topics

join