It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay! For the first time in almost a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I got a job interview at Walmart this morning (oct 14) and after they interviewed me, they had me wait about 5 minutes and then told me to come in Monday for a second interview!!!!!!!!!

I'm SO hyped and really really hope I get the job. I put I'm available 24 hours in every single section except automotive.

Hopefully I'll get almost full time which will mean I will FINALLY BE OFF FOOD STAMPS. God I have been WAITING for this moment for TOO long now. Finally. No more money problems. A few people told me today when they want to give you a second interview, it usually means you have the job.
DDDDD

I know a LOT of folk who have worked there and haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate/haaated it but to me, money is money and it's something I've been craving to make on my own and not have to rely on my school stippend to get my son and I by. I can finally save money now and get somewhere.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Congrats! And best of luck. Be yourself, be calm -- remember, they're looking for someone who's not socially inept over a genius, as they've got to work with you!

Good luck!

edit on 10/14/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Lol what are you trying to get into as a carrer?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

congrats !!! dude its walmart good luck.......wellcome to walmart

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Right on! Congrats on the 2nd interview and best of luck!!! Honest employment is honest employment, and you are dead right to cherish the opportunity. I hope you get it and enjoy the steady paycheck!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I'm 38, single mother to an almost 17 year old son and I'm currently working on my bachelors degree in web design/graphic design and animation.

My goal is to start my own business doing web/graphic design, animation for video games and tv, music for video games, movies and animation, voice over for video games and animation, 3D work and a few other things.
This my friend is merely a job to tie me over until I graduate and hopefully get that going. Given the economy, however, if I must stay at the W for a few years after, so be it. Nothing stopping me from shooting for management there and making more money. I've been shift manager at Arbys for 3 years so... I'm not afraid of having responsibility.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by spw184

I'm 38, single mother to an almost 17 year old son and I'm currently working on my bachelors degree in web design/graphic design and animation.

My goal is to start my own business doing web/graphic design, animation for video games and tv, music for video games, movies and animation, voice over for video games and animation, 3D work and a few other things.
This my friend is merely a job to tie me over until I graduate and hopefully get that going. Given the economy, however, if I must stay at the W for a few years after, so be it. Nothing stopping me from shooting for management there and making more money. I've been shift manager at Arbys for 3 years so... I'm not afraid of having responsibility.

Oh. Graphic design is too complex for me, I like hands on work better.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
And thank you SO much to everyone else.
I hope come Monday I'll have THE good news to share

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I like both but as I have talents in all and know about 6 people who are amazingly talented in the areas I wish my business to go, I have to say that is my dream. I just hope the economy picks up a LOT so that dream has a chance to become a reality. It's a hard real life and it's a shame.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

My mom is a graphics person and she works at a local newspaper.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Woooot!!! You go girl!! Congratulations. Still looking myself so send me some of your good luck!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In these hard times, how could I pass you by and not congratulate you. Our sincere best wishes.

My son is an electrical contractor who kinda went through a divorce and lost everything. He let his license go for awhile and did other work. A severe injury put him out of that for a while. Yesterday he called and told me that after a six month waiting period since he renewed his license, he was able to add his name to the contractor list in his county. This happened last Friday. On Monday he got a call from the housing authority asking him to place a bid on 24 units for bathroom remodeling. He will need my help if he gets the job. We'll know in about 30 days, so Yay! I'm with you...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

ooh all the best of luck to him!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
best wishes and good luck

I was out of work for three months and I thought I was going to to insane but luckily I found something.
edit on 15-10-2011 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just for those of you who posted well wishes on here, I made a new topic: I got the job!

I wanted to update you all as well

top topics

join