It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nickel-Hydride Cold Fusion: Fire 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

There has recently been very exciting developments in the technology of Low-Energy-Nuclear-Reactions, and they could prove to be a force for upheaval in our fossil-fuel-run world. Andrea Rossi, based in the University of Bologna (yes after which the lunch meat was named), developed a technology called the Energy Catalyzer or E-cat for short.

It allegedly uses a catalyst to fuse the nuclei of Nickel and Hydrogen, producing at least Copper, and lots of heat. It is not an inefficient process either, apparently one source claiming that if the process were implemented at high-efficiency, one gram of Nickel would effectively be equivalent to 500 barrels of oil. The theory behind the science involved in the process can be found here (not for the mathematically feint of heart)

www.i-sis.org.uk...

NASA, who has expressed interest in the technology, is the party that proposed that this is the theory behind which the phenomenon can be explained. ecatnews.com...

Outside of its protective shell it is safe and does not produce dangerous radiation or radioactive byproducts, just boiling water and copper. Each unit, when they allegedly will hit the market in the relatively near future, will have a cost of roughly $5000 and will produce enough power to heat and power your home with very little cost to maintain. Because the process boils water, it can be used for electricity but more easily used for heating. By some amateur calculations, were these devices truly used to replace fossil-fuel-power-generation in America on a large scale, many many thousands of units would be necessary. However, were such a clean technology to proliferate, we would not need to isolate the power generation capacity by many miles as we do for coal/gas/nuclear power, so the grid would be distributed drastically differently and much more efficiently. The substantially more generous operating costs would quickly make other forms of energy obsolete.

October 2011 is a date which I have been looking forward to pretty much all year, as that is when public demonstrations will verify the reality of the technology. The 1-mega-watt power plant is supposed to be unveiled at the end of this month by Rossi, comprised of 125 individual E-cat devices. This will be another milestone in the veracity of the technology, as it seems to so far have had few serious detractors and some very famous and prolific proponents, like Nobel laureates.

pesn.com...

Where the inventor intends to base operations is ambiguous to me at this point, although the three main theaters of operation seem to be Greece, Italy and Florida. I have read that the inventor has great hopes in America, and that Greece also really needs the economic benefit, and of course the technology was developed in Bologna (which I hope all this talk is not just a bunch of

Personally, I have a hard time believing that this sort of tech has not already been discovered for many decades by US govt or analogous powers, and that they would allow it to proliferate in the face of the social upheaval that would occur. There's one part of me that wonders since it would be too large scale at this point to buy out the operation and trash the technology or assassinate everyone involved, if they might start a war to distract everyone from this miracle-device in order that they could hold on to their pathetic strongholds of environmental pillage. OR maybe they will let it slide and see what happens in the marketplace.

There are no sure bets at this point, but I think the evidence shows that the public has an exciting new technology for creating energy, a sort of "fire 2.0" that, if allowed to proliferate through the marketplace organically, will spell an entirely different future than the one we see today.

__any suggestions for links or any comments would be quite welcome__

cheers!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Pushing an electron in to the protron is k capture and well known since
the 1993 publications of Lyne. It is reversable and unending.
There are other ways to achieve k capture so backed by heavy metal money
this process might survive unless money buys out the worlds largest nickel
company. The survival of the oil cartel is at stake.
edit on 10/15/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Rossi has made many promises and has yet to deliver. I do not believe we will ever see the functioning 1mw station, its unvieling was recently pushed back again. The technology likely does not work. You also state it has no detractors, which is false, and Rossi has not allowed any of it to be peer reviewed.

To think oil companies would care is rediculous, Rossi is not proposing free energy, he is proposing a new way to make money on energy, and any oil company would chomp at the bits to own the rights and make untold fortunes (oil still has many other uses).

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Honestly, there does seem to be an inconsistency with the whole affair, but I am not willing yet to write it off as a sign that this will be an entirely fruitless series of events. Maybe the inventors are just kind of lazy or socially inept, or maybe they have family problems or are internally bickering over dramatic details. Any of those would explain delays. After all, they are not businessmen and making money selling a device that uses this alleged technology is quite some distance away.

Why on earth would they want to submit papers to peer-reviewed after what happened to Pons and Fleishmann. They want to circumvent their predatory scientific peers and just get something to the market based on an effect they have observed in the lab. It would catch the cartels off guard and prevent them from using their cronies and minions to destroy this endeavor.

It is possible that someone could corner the nickel market, which seems like it wouldn't be that hard, but unless they do that, it would be terribly difficult to make the kind of money that oil and coal make off of the devices since they are so efficient, unless you are involved in the manufacturing of the units, which should be proprietary to the inventors. Yes, instead of burning oil, it will finally will be used for what is ideal, a high-entropy chemical base for synthetic materials and lubricants, much less profitable to the possessors of the raw material.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenite
Honestly, there does seem to be an inconsistency with the whole affair, but I am not willing yet to write it off as a sign that this will be an entirely fruitless series of events. Maybe the inventors are just kind of lazy or socially inept, or maybe they have family problems or are internally bickering over dramatic details. Any of those would explain delays. After all, they are not businessmen and making money selling a device that uses this alleged technology is quite some distance away.

Yeah but the problem is this happens all the time. It's textbook fraud: announce a big demo, get investment, stall demo, keep stalling demo and so on. It's the classic pattern of behaviour. It works because people such as yourself (no offence) give them the benefit of the doubt, just like the investors being strung along will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Why on earth would they want to submit papers to peer-reviewed after what happened to Pons and Fleishmann. They want to circumvent their predatory scientific peers and just get something to the market based on an effect they have observed in the lab. It would catch the cartels off guard and prevent them from using their cronies and minions to destroy this endeavor.

I'm not following. Are you implying that the editors of scientific journals are responsible for allegedly assassinating people? If so, that's pretty nuts. Regardless, they've got world wide attention so the idea that they won't submit because they don't want to appear on "TPTB" radar is again completely illogical, given the exposure they've had. The reason they don't want their work peer-reviewed is because they know that their "invention" won't stand up to serious scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenite

Cold fusion has been verified by the Office for Naval Research

www.spawar.navy.mil...
www.spawar.navy.mil...

This 2 volume report makes it pretty clear that the science may not be able to explain the result of the experiments but none the less they do validate cold fusion is a fact not a theory.

Nickel is the wrong choice for the hydride. Boron is far easier to fuse with hydrogen than is Nickel. I have done a lot of experimental work with boron hydride fusion reactions. It is an interesting area of research. We have a lab at my industrial facility dedicated to low energy fusion reaction research. I think the investment will pay off late next year. I hope we can beat them to production. The similarity between our technology and theirs is interesting but I think our cost will be lower.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

I was just on some website last night talking about how the freemasons have infiltrated Canada's judicial system at all echelons, and there was an advertisement for a magnet-based free-energy device. Some rudimentary research after 2 minutes showed that it was a scam.

I have been following Rossi and Focardi for almost a year, and if I am being duped I am sure as hell not the only one nor am I the most notable one. Fortunately and unfortunately, I am not the one making the investment, and I am not cynical enough to stop following developments just because of ONE delay, which is not even really a delay because the month for the demonstration, since it was announced in about February, was October 2011 (on the 27th I believe).

I don't profess to understand the motivations behind why or why not/how or how not TPTB have reacted to these developments. As the gentleman commenting immediately following yours has implied, this is not an unknown technology and perhaps multiple parties are attempting to assemble a working model around the world. In that case, the oil/coal cartels may have a larger problem on their hands than we know, and they could realize that this is the end of their era. Perhaps even Rossi realizes that his device is quite possibly not unique and may have unknown competitors developing from the same branch of tech, which is why he is going for publicity, patents, and rushing a product to market instead of devoting time and energy towards a peer-review process.

However I will concede that supposing this technological ordeal is to pan out as it is alleged, the implications for change in our world and way of life are so in-depth and far-reaching that it seems inconsistent that it would come in through the back door as is!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Cold fusion is basically caused by quantum tunneling. Any metal of the nickel group will work as a cold fusion initiator and catalyst. The best metal to use is palladium. What you need is the metal, a locally superconducting substrate, and finally an activation source. Nickel has too much chemical reactivity to be a reliable catalyst and tends to form an intermetallic hydride, palladium has the lowest activation energy because it can form a phase changing meta-alloy with hydrogen by holding it in the d-orbitals, and platinum has too weak of a forbidden band gap to cause significant nuclear quantum tunneling. The biggest problem is the reaction is self sustaining and self amplifying chain reaction. Each event collapses nearby crystals of the catalyst and causes many more events. I am not sure what can moderate the reaction as it seems to be an all or almost nothing threshold transition.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

I welcome your input, thanks!! although I have never heard of quantum tunneling. I wonder what you would think of the i-sis link explaining Widom-Larsen theory. It is pretty much above my head, as well as what you have said. What a cumbersome burden to be able to understand such theories.

I do not think that the reaction is very sensitive to becoming exponentially more powerful, because whatever they are doing, they have managed to keep it inside the rather small unit.

I would be surprised to know that God created the universe and made no provision to create energy by sustainable technological means, if he intended there to be high-tech societies populating it. Burning plant matter and harvesting solar energy are fine for hunter gatherers and trees.

new topics

top topics

join