It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Drone Kills American Soilders!!!!!! Well, That Makes Three Americans Dead Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So it appears that another strike on americans and this time it was NOT WARRANTED. What is going on here? I can see mistakes are made in the course of war but WOW! Its almost like the US does this stuff on purpose sometimes, just to get a rise I dont know anymore

www.latimes.com...

After further review it appears this happened in April, I ran a search and found nothing, so is this just coming out I guess?
edit on 14-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: add stuff

edit on 14-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

how else can they test the new weapon's???

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

They thought the American soldiers were women and children. So it's an honest mistake.--------------

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You can tell who the terrorists are because they RUN.
The one's that don't run, are WELL DISCIPLINED terrorists.

(modified quote from Apocalypse Now, or mebbe that was Full Metal Jacket)?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

A Marine and a Navy medic killed by a U.S. drone airstrike were targeted when Marine commanders in Afghanistan mistook them for Taliban fighters, even though analysts watching the Predator's video feed were uncertain whether the men were part of an enemy force.

So this wasn't even an "oops", it was more of a we don't know who they are, kill them anyways.
That's so messed up

The incident closely resembles another deadly mistake involving a Predator in early 2009. In that attack, at least 15 Afghan civilians were killed after a Predator crew mistook them for a group of Taliban preparing to attack a U.S. special forces unit.

In that case, analysts located at Air Force Special Operations Command in Florida who were watching live battlefield video from the aircraft's high-altitude cameras also had doubts about the target. Their warnings that children were present were disregarded by the drone operator and by an Army captain, who authorized the airstrike.

And the one from the above shows that they clearly knew children were present and they didn't care. Kill them anyways.
Lack of discipline, total incompetence, and/or a psychotic at the controls?
Sometimes these drone operators act like they're playing a video game, it's disgusting.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
So it appears that another strike on americans and this time it was NOT WARRANTED. What is going on here? I can see mistakes are made in the course of war but WOW! Its almost like the US does this stuff on purpose sometimes, just to get a rise I dont know anymore

www.latimes.com...

After further review it appears this happened in April, I ran a search and found nothing, so is this just coming out I guess?

Yeah, you see why using toys as weapons never works out? I always knew it was a bad idea using remote controlled airplanes for weapons. This would be like strapping machine guns onto a remote controlled helicopter and then trying to assasinate a specific person. leave the video games to the kids and the remote controlled toys to the kids too. Real wars are fought by real men. Never send a toy to do a real man's job.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

You can tell who the terrorists are because they RUN.
The one's that don't run, are WELL DISCIPLINED terrorists.

(modified quote from Apocalypse Now, or mebbe that was Full Metal Jacket)?

I will help you out a little.

I believe it is at 54 seconds into the clip.
www.youtube.com...

You gotta love Full Metal Jacket

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know what scares me the most? The lack of outcry. Everybody is so busy complaining about the wealthy, their lack of a McMansion, etc., nobody is watching the US government blatantly assassinating Americans. While I am not so naive as to think that the US government has never been in the assassination business before, it is how blatant they are about it right now that has me most concerned. Not to be too dramatic, but it's almost becoming a bit of a threat IMO.

I don't care whether Anwar alAlawki (sp?) is, sorry...WAS....the head of the largest terror organization or not. We have NO business killing Americans, on ours or foreign soil, period. American citizens are supposed to be guaranteed a trial and the Constitution makes no mention of the fact that it doesn't apply once you leave our borders.

This is an extremely scary precedent and the next logical step is that this practice will spread within our borders as well IMO.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

nobody is watching the US government blatantly assassinating Americans.

does it only matter when it's american citizens getting killed?

where is your outcry for the men,women and children over there?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

www.latimes.com...

EGO.....

Everybody thinks they already know everything so they don't bother to ask questions as they would feel inferior for not knowing something.

This is why these marines were killed.

All this money and tech and it's the lack of communication that kills them.....?

A freaking $200 walki talkie could have fixed this problem....

when will we realize that we have let our dumbest citizens run this country. at least 65% of the people in power in our country on any level are not intelligent people and therefore they surround themselves with even less intelligent people.

If we actually had the best and brightest doing what they should, none of this would have happened.

They weren't even firing on our own guys........so obviously a group could split up....

Isn't that in basic fricken training or somthing??? that sometimes you might have to split up???

And letting a trainee do it.....? and the person supervising him wasn't even doing the right job....so this kid is learning his job the wrong way and being responsible for marines deaths.

bogus.

top topics

join