It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Agenda To Include Eliminating 5 Govt. Departments & He Will Take $39k Presidential Salar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
^^^ Definitely going to average out to the least amount of talk and response times either way. The movement still grows despite the media blackout because word of mouth and passion is still a very powerful thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rich Z

I don't think holding businesses to health and safety standards constitutes a nanny state.

Neither do I think that maintaining public safety does.

I'd venture to guess that you have no problems with the Department of Homeland Security, which both I and Ben Franklin are vehemently against.

I'm merely pointing out that there is an irreducible minimum level of staffing required to meet the legitimate needs of a nation of 360+ million people.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The five departments that would be abolished are the Departments of Education, Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Interior.

However, while the departments would be eliminated, the plan would be to roll certain functions into other departments. For example, the Department of Education would be done away with but pell grant programs would be phased in somewhere else.

blogs.cbn.com...

Here are a few suggestions about what agencies should really be cut.

African Development Foundation

Air and Radiation Hotline

Bankruptcy Courts

Bureau of Public Debt

U.S. Election Assistance Commission

Indian Arts and Crafts Board

Job Corps

Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board

Taxpayer Advocacy Panel

See full list here www.usa.gov...

edit on 17-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Put it this way, If he wins?

Is he just going to turn around and do the opposite like the other POTUS?
Promises, Promises...

Either put up or shut up.

Is he just saying that just to get elected?

He's been saying it a lot, lot longer than that "other" guy

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We'd be better off putting the US Air Force Air Wings back under the US Army.

The Air Force is too top heavy with too many high paid civilians/officers.

If the Air Wings were put back under the Army as they were before 1947, there'd be money to buy new planes and afford people to work on them.

But Ron Paul would need to take action and seize the Private Air Force's in America with military planes:

www.tads-usa.com/

How can they have F-16's and Skyhawks with weapon systems but you can't own a shotgun with a barrel less than 18"?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Good luck but he's not getting anywhere near that nomination.

That's why they threw Herman Cain into the mix. Cain is a shill for the Federal Reserve. Cain's sole goal is to take down RP.

I say this only because of what I've observed, despite the fact that I do not support RP.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

I propose that NO agencies be cut and instead, we withdraw ALL troops stationed overseas, par down the military budget, improve the education in this country and explore alternative fuels and growing hemp as ways of providing revenue to ordinary citizens.

We do NOT need to cut government agencies.

The Tea Party and RP supporters are missing the bigger point.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ALL government employees/public servants should be making the same amount of money as the average American. Being in politics isn't supposed to be about the salary, benefits, and powerful connections.

So are you talking about politicians or government employees? If you are referring to us massively overpaid government employees, I can assure you you're mistaken about our salaries.

I make a competitive salary with someone who does my job, with my education level, in the private sector. My pay is actually less than I could get in the private sector, but the benefits make up for it. Why should I make "what the average American" makes when my education and job are not what the "average American" has?

As for Ron Paul eliminating agencies, I doubt Congress will go along with that. Restructuring would be the more likely scenario.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

if he wants to impress me, he can go ahead and take a $39k salary right now. He's currently raking in nearly $200k plus benefits as it is as a member of Congress.

Good point actually.

A real serious person would show by example now . They have a way of breaking every promise they make these proffesional politicians .

Agitate for any poli to be held liable for any promise they make to get elected . That way the public can sue them when the promises are broken

I love retards....

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

TRY GOOGLE DOUCHIE

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by POPUP2000

Unless we overpower them. It would take everyone becoming aware of the control they exert over the country, then we would basically have to throw em in jail I think.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

While I am a strong Dr. Paul advocate, he is still 1/3 of the answer. I have said in many other posts, we all need to start cleaning the house and senate out, put in serious reforms, and term limits. I think Ron Paul does set an example and follows up with action.

Nice rebuttle.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Put it this way, If he wins?

Is he just going to turn around and do the opposite like the other POTUS?
Promises, Promises...

Either put up or shut up.

Is he just saying that just to get elected?

I think partially it's just BS campaign promises these guys say to get elected, but I'm sure they really DO intend to make some big changes, however, once they get in office they soon learn the cold, hard truth: they are figureheads with NO power and every aspect of their lives is compromised.

There is ALWAYS a first family because every time someone gets elected, their family is held hostage in the White House for 4 years. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by The_Zomar

Good luck but he's not getting anywhere near that nomination.

That's why they threw Herman Cain into the mix. Cain is a shill for the Federal Reserve. Cain's sole goal is to take down RP.

I say this only because of what I've observed, despite the fact that I do not support RP.

I agree with you in every single way. I'm going to add you to my friends list and keep track of your posts based on those two posts you made alone. You're right on about how it's not really within Ron Paul's power to eliminate government agencies and you're also right about how to fix this country.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Regarding this Agenda

Should be an interesting debate tonight

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Remember what happened to JFK when he tried to get rid of some goverment agencies? www.youtube.com... Watch this video..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If the dept of education is dissolved I can't imagine how much more illiterate our children in the red states will become. When they are allowed to teach creation and re-write history to suit their political views the children won't have a chance.

This is why I will not vote for RP. No matter how consistent he has been, or how much he talks about the fed, he does not look at the long game for the future of our children and the status of our country in the world at large.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

lol, yet there is still Jesus Camps and CreationLand theme parks in America.

What is America about? the freedom to do whatever the F you want so long as you don't cause injury or harm.

I don't get it, why aren't Christians allowed to teach Christian values? If it wasn't for American openness of religion, I wouldn't have been introduced to Buddhism here and wouldn't have been tolerant of other people and their religions.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i think the entire point about paying politicians well is so they dont accept bribes to change things in the better for the person doing the bribing... but we know how well that worked... Preston Tucker and his cool cars comes to mind.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join