It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Agenda To Include Eliminating 5 Govt. Departments & He Will Take $39k Presidential Salar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by KilrathiLG

My guess would be....

2. The Department of Education

Five of the Worst Offenders of Wasteful Goverment Spending .
edit on 14-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Please explain to me how education is a waste of spending?? I'm not being sarcastic I'm serious.

As someone who has a hard time getting funding I would like to see more money in Education so that people like me don't have to struggle with paying their own way thru school. Not everyone has mommy and daddy's money and even with scholarships you need money.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I would vote for him based purely on the baisis of the salary cut to average wage.
Here in Australia , our politicians are always voting themselve major salary increaes for doing what the public dont want them to do.
I believe the lastest greedy arrogant grab for money was saying they will double their wages to attracted a higher class of politician , instead of first BECOMING that higher class PERSON themselves

America , you may as well get behind Ron Paul as you dont have much to choose from with the other candidates

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

if he wants to impress me, he can go ahead and take a $39k salary right now. He's currently raking in nearly $200k plus benefits as it is as a member of Congress.

Good point actually.

A real serious person would show by example now . They have a way of breaking every promise they make these proffesional politicians .

Agitate for any poli to be held liable for any promise they make to get elected . That way the public can sue them when the promises are broken

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by KilrathiLG

My guess would be....

2. The Department of Education

Five of the Worst Offenders of Wasteful Goverment Spending .
edit on 14-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Please explain to me how education is a waste of spending?? I'm not being sarcastic I'm serious.

As someone who has a hard time getting funding I would like to see more money in Education so that people like me don't have to struggle with paying their own way thru school. Not everyone has mommy and daddy's money and even with scholarships you need money.

I think education should be free. Or you have a choice in paying for education or health care, but you get one free. Could you imagine the potential of a nation where every single person has a masters?
Just my 2cents.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Seriously... I'm as red as they come back here in Denmark, but to be honest, from everything I've seen Ron Paul say, I would be AMAZED if you guys don't get him elected for the next presidency.

Obama might be a democrat, but the socially consciously person I saw back before he was elected has completely gone. I see nothing more now that another corporate shill that will orchestrate assassinations and blame it on a country that would be convenient to invade and control.

Ron Pauls ideology and his crusade against the corporate machine deserves so much respect and I hope he will be successful in waking everyone up in the states.

My best of luck to Ron Paul and to the American people that really do deserve better.

I think what happens to people once they are elected to high office like a President of the USA is that they get taken to a secret location and have a quick painless little operation dont on them in the form of implants to their brains that are then used to controll them by the powers behind the scene .

What else explains the glassy eyes and those weird smiles they all get . and the personality changes . Look at tony Blair . He went from a rather nice chap to a total lizard looking freak zombie .

Look at our enviroment minister Peter Garrett , who had been an enviromental activist with a rock band .www.midnightoil.com...

He became a total sell out after being elected and got that WEIRD strange look with that weird skin they all get .
Hes a standing joke amongst the people now in OZ .
Honestly its the most realistic explaination. I got this link from another person on ATS . The info is pretty amazing . It disscuss the implants of influenial person here

www.thewatcherfiles.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Too bad the media will never report on anything Ron Paul says or any of his policies. If anyone was going occupy anything, they should be occupying the main stream media and call them out for all there lies, deception and media blackouts on everything the public need to know about, especially Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevincredible
Too bad the media will never report on anything Ron Paul says or any of his policies. If anyone was going occupy anything, they should be occupying the main stream media and call them out for all there lies, deception and media blackouts on everything the public need to know about, especially Ron Paul.

That should be the very first step! I personally saw the occupy crowd in St. Louis chantiing Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
that is great to hear.. RP is running stronger than ever!

lets remember that virtually ALL of the presidents expenses are covered while serving their term in office. So the salary is a moot point.
Not to mention major donors to their campaign...im sure RP has a nice nest egg of savings already anyways.

I do admire RP's 'lead by example' approach.
edit on 15-10-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

How often do you hear someone in the upper crust of society say they are willing to take a pay cut? NEVER.
I hope he is what he says he is, and get in.

Good thread S&F.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
wow hes quite an amazing role modal and example for all politicians. many people will be able to say that they make more than the president does haha

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Put it this way, If he wins?

Is he just going to turn around and do the opposite like the other POTUS?
Promises, Promises...

Either put up or shut up.

Is he just saying that just to get elected?

He has been saying it for 30 years!! If he is full of crap like most Politicians than this is easily, hands down, the greatest scam ever planned out.

I however doubt it highly. Ron Paul is not perfect, but his voting record for the past 30 years falls in line with everything he has said for 30 years. There are any number of Agencies that could be eliminated from day one under a Ron Paul Administration. Does anyone have any idea at all how many Agencies exist in the US? I always thought I had a pretty good idea until I looked it up myself. I was WAY off.

The link below can give you a list of Agencies currently operating in the USA in alphabetical order.
A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies

For those who dont want to click the link... there are a total of 35 Agencies just under the letter A alone.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Could you imagine the potential of a nation where every single person has a masters?
Just my 2cents.

ya, they would all be fighting over the management positions, businesses would begin to require master degrees for janitorial positions, and illegals would continue to do the bulk of manual labor jobs off the books.

thats why we have the artificial education requirements in all higher positions these days, when in reality on the job training would suffice, because so many people are able to graduate from college by drinking beer and cheating on their exams.

corporations have been "helping" a little, by outsourcing as many of the unskilled labor jobs as they can to china and india.

but if you take a step back and look at the grand scheme of things, there is no easy solution, and some kind of government subsidized continuing education program isnt going to do anything, but further reduce the value of a college education and drive up taxes.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Schools are run and funded by local government. The Dept of Education plays a role. But its role could easily be performed locally. Your property taxes pay for the majority of the cost of public education. There will still be a need for providing quality education to every child in the country, with qualified teachers, quality facilities, main stream resources, and adequate and comparable funding everywhere and preventing discrimination on the basis of suspect classifications.

The National Laboratories are run by the Department of Energy. If you get rid of the DOE are you going to shut down these labs? Many have dual civilian and national security research functions and share infrastructure. They do important work, and this is not something that should be done "locally".

If you transfer this mission somewhere else, what advantage is there? There will be 5 more years of bureaucratic mess, and for what purpose?

Unfortunately Dr Paul has never run a large executive operations (nor has Obama). On this matter of experience, Jon Huntsman is the most qualified, and to a lesser extent Romney and Cain. The government is much more like a large complex chemical industry than a completely financial firm (Bain Capital) or a pizza chain.
edit on 15-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm commenting without reading the whole thread,

don't have much time.

But wanted to say that my best year,

a few years back,

I made $35,000 that year...

that was a good year for me..

for whatever that's worth.

I would be very happy with $39,900.

Of course I live within my means, as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
wow a whole 39 g's..

Not enough ...

It should fall under the Iaccoca rule I explained in earlier .... a different thread

A dollar a year..

it is how you lead.. then you go to congress as a whole, and put them on minimum wage with no overtime...

making them clock in and out on the voting floors..

this does not impress me with ron paul... makes me a little weary....

it is also weird timing.... why now?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ron Paul is da man!

-Second Line-

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ron Paul’s detailed agenda for America will be disclosed next week and a senior official with his campaign tells The Brody File that it includes eliminating five governmental departments, cutting one trillion dollars in spending and Dr. Paul would take a presidential salary of just $39,336, which is the median salary of the American worker (The President’s base salary is normally $400,000).

blogs.cbn.com...

400k plus all that "other" money
But 39.3k? The median salary of the american worker?
How's that for representation?

That's HUGE!!!! Less is soooo much More right now after reading this.
Just imagine, that is true conservatism, this man will go down in history

But the real change can happen with everyone and I don't mean the empty change Obama promised
I mean actual change

He's in it to win, this is a big game changer!

edit on 14-10-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

If his presidential race fails (which i sincerely hope it doesn't), you know he is going to jump into the OWS movement, either way you won't be able to stop him.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree with much of what he says, but that's just it - words - maybe it's just the ire for all politicians I've felt for a long time.

Just dont think "they" will "fix" anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Promising to take a 39k salary only proves that he expects to offset his income through other avenues.. my guess is that he already knows that he will paid off extremely well to push someone else's secret agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join