It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Agenda To Include Eliminating 5 Govt. Departments & He Will Take $39k Presidential Salar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidReality

I think it's worth mentioning that RP does seem to be the lesser of 10 or so evils. Even if he is-was a puppet, at least have to do some of what he's talking about if elected....( I admit I thought the same about no-change obama)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

if he wants to impress me, he can go ahead and take a $39k salary right now. He's currently raking in nearly $200k plus benefits as it is as a member of Congress.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Then isn't the solution to purge the corruption, rather than scrapping hte idea and pretending there is no problem?

What is it with Libertarians?
"My car makes a funny noise when it starts up. I guess I'll have to throw it away and buy a whole new one!"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

That list on USA.GOV is a real eye opener. It's huge!
You have a very valid point, we're not even coming close to reducing the overbloated Federal Government

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Seriously... I'm as red as they come back here in Denmark, but to be honest, from everything I've seen Ron Paul say, I would be AMAZED if you guys don't get him elected for the next presidency.

Obama might be a democrat, but the socially consciously person I saw back before he was elected has completely gone. I see nothing more now that another corporate shill that will orchestrate assassinations and blame it on a country that would be convenient to invade and control.

Ron Pauls ideology and his crusade against the corporate machine deserves so much respect and I hope he will be successful in waking everyone up in the states.

My best of luck to Ron Paul and to the American people that really do deserve better.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui

You have a very valid point, we're not even coming close to reducing the overbloated Federal Government

"not coming close" is a far better start than doing nothing but INCREASING the size of government. Promoting government jobs and the expansion of government in order to provide jobs is the most ridiculous plan.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I hope Ron Paul wins, and if we have a fair election he may.

But what's really funny about his 39k salary promise-this is going to force the other candidates to come up with something similar. That's going to make Obama look really bad if he doesn't do something.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

my guess for agency's gotten rid of if hes elected
1.dea
2.tsa
3.fed reserve?
4.atf(one can hope)
5.??Irs(realy fishing here)

this should be an interesting read when all of his plans come out ,i think the salary thing is kinda cool but i dont think ron paul will suffer too much from reduced salary(not bashing the guy but he probaly has money)hopefully more news will follow

Yah the irs would go out with the Fed. The Dept of Ed would go, he mentioned it in a debate.
Im thinking the FDA and EPA. Both are too corrupt to make the right decisions about things. EPA is an arm that functions with the environmentalist extremists, and FDA is more food faddism based on erroneous ideas, and they approved aspartame, which shows cronyism.
Also, the FDA may be the apparatus through which the UN could try to force us to "harmonize" with global recommendations on RDA on vitamins and herbs. The European RDA is lower than that of the States, and Codex Alimentarius seeks to force the US into global trends. That ties in to Big Pharma as well, as the pharmaceutical companies are trying to compete with vitamin companies.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The Brody File that it includes eliminating five governmental departments

You guys seem to forget that those 5 departments employ tens of thousands of people.

It is all good until you are the one without a job.

What then?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Seriously... I'm as red as they come back here in Denmark, but to be honest, from everything I've seen Ron Paul say, I would be AMAZED if you guys don't get him elected for the next presidency.

Obama might be a democrat, but the socially consciously person I saw back before he was elected has completely gone. I see nothing more now that another corporate shill that will orchestrate assassinations and blame it on a country that would be convenient to invade and control.

Ron Pauls ideology and his crusade against the corporate machine deserves so much respect and I hope he will be successful in waking everyone up in the states.

My best of luck to Ron Paul and to the American people that really do deserve better.

Hi, flice. While I may disagree with redness in general, I appreciate the warmth you show Americans, as you seem to be able to separate the people from the rogue actions of an insane govt controlled by the CFR and Bilderbergers.
My thanks to you for not being anti-American.
Ron Paul definitely is outside the box and I'd like to see him in the WH.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui

That of course is why cutting a few entitlements and some war spending will not significantly reduce the overhead our govt now operates on. I suspect POTUS knows it matters not that Congress is trying to cut some deficit spending, because he is just adding on more govt all the time.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Oh yah I forgot about the Drug enforcement agency. So maybe that instead of one of the others. But the EPA is damaging business in its pursuit of Utopian environmentalism. Maybe 5 is just what he is starting with...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Presidents create new executive orders all the time that only takes their signature.
Dr. Paul could easily write an executive order stating that all future presidential incomes must be no higher than the average middle class salary in the US.

Or, Dr. Paul could simply take the $400,000 and donate $360,000 to worthy causes.

edit on 15-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

Yes, Presidents do sign executive orders all the time, but guess what... executive orders are unconstitutional. Show me in the Constitution where the President has this authority... you can't, because it isn't in there. Executive orders are just one of the many reasons our government has become an out of control, abusive monster.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Could have sworn he tried this argument before...Rofl..Failed then and it will fail now.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Leading by example!!!
He's getting rid of those depts then what? Most people think the dept of education runs and funds ALL public schools and will want to know what the alternative is.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

Schools are run and funded by local government. The Dept of Education plays a role. But its role could easily be performed locally. Your property taxes pay for the majority of the cost of public education. There will still be a need for providing quality education to every child in the country, with qualified teachers, quality facilities, main stream resources, and adequate and comparable funding everywhere and preventing discrimination on the basis of suspect classifications.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Maybe if all our elected officials salaries and benefits were in line with the average person in this country, we would have better representation in Washington. We would probably see less life time career politicians too!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
There are quite a few problems with Ron Paul winning. One, he does not have the support of Republicans due to certain initiatives Paul supports that the Republican Party does not....such as auditing the Fed. Two, he does not have the support of any Democrats. Unlike Cain, with a National Sales Tax proposal, and Romney, with his healthcare overhaul. So, if Ron Paul wins, and keeps his promise of repealing Executive Order powers, what will he actually accomplish? From what I can tell, outside of a few common interests such as bringing jobs back to the US that have been outsourced to countries like India, I can't imagine he is going to rally Congressional support on the majority of his plan....such as ending the wars in the Middle East immediately.

A President with great ideas but no power to actually accomplish any of them doesn't do us much good. Although, given what the current President and past President has accomplished, maybe no action is better at this point, but it would maintain the status quo which the majority of Americans are not in support of either.

Lastly, with the current MSM blackout of Paul, that shows no signs of letting up, there is no way to reach the majority of Americans. While ATS members realize the purpose of MSM is simply to lead people in the direction of the agenda, the majority do not. We live in a fishbowl on ATS and need to realize that we are the minority.

If you really want Paul to win, I would suggest flooding Twitter, Facebook with eons of Paul ideas, commentary, video etc. While we may, as a community, scoff at such trivial, self-centered communication vehicles, you have to go where the voters are and, like it or not, that's where they are.

I believe twenty-something's would support Paul if they better understood his message. One of the problems is that a lot of that age group really doesn't understand the Fed Reserve and therefore see no value in auditing it. Paul, in my opinion, doesn't fit the mold of either party and could garner widespread support for that fact alone. However, until someone can figure out how to explain his plan to those under thirty-five in terms they can understand, and find a way to by-pass the MSM blackout, there's no way he is going to get on the ballot.

Keep in mind, the upcoming generations, X and Y, are largely "me" generations. Get them to understand what Paul wants and how it directly benefits them, and you have a movement. As seen in the Arab Spring, the OWS protests, and London protests, the people protesting tend to be under thirty-five or so and are looking to buck the system, looking for major changes, looking for something different. Paul may be the answer to that....the fringe candidate if you will.....if only they knew it. Once you got their support, I believe it would be a whole new race in my opinion.

As Commander-in-Chief Paul can and will immediately bring the Troops home--he can do that without Congress' approval. There are many Democrats who now support Ron Paul--they are called Blue Republicans and they have their own facebook page.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.facebook.com...

Never underestimate the enthusiasm of Paul supporters--I spend a large portion of almost every day posting pro-Paul videos/articles on Twitter and Facebook and so do others. Many younger Paul supporters are attending various OWS rallies and are spreading the message about Ron Paul to the uninformed. Many have successfully "turned others on" to Ron Paul. Did you know that there's a FREE nationwide music tour, including many well-known artists (KRS One, Europa, Per Capita, Rise, Consise & Krookid, etc.) that kicks off today in Spanaway, Washington--all to further the message of Ron Paul?? It's called Rock the rEVOLution Tour, and it's totally grass-roots sponsored.
www.rocktherevolutiontour.com...

Ron Paul will be President 2012!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

The Brody File that it includes eliminating five governmental departments

You guys seem to forget that those 5 departments employ tens of thousands of people.

It is all good until you are the one without a job.

What then?

The majority here support occupywall street
Yeah the unemployed idiots bitching about how they failed life and blaming it on the rich.

They don't care about jobs. They. Just want to make excuses.
Lets not forget there are members and threads about how work is "unnatural".

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Since when did the president start getting a raise, It used to be right aroud 100k a year now we got Obama in office makes you wonder what bush got paid. Yeah it was 400k when Bush was in also
edit on 15-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Finally a presidential candidate you can count on to do what is needed in the country!

Support Ron Paul or we might have another chance to reform America.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join