It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal website : animal rights activists are terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
More insanity from Canada's Bush.

Federal website defines animal-rights groups as terrorists

A government agency responsible for tracking financial transactions to ensure they aren’t used for illicit purposes has identified animal rights activists and “environmental extremists” as terrorist groups on a website rife with references to al-Qaida.

The government established FINTRAC in 2000 to detect and prevent money laundering and other illegal financial transactions by terrorists and organized crime groups.

Three of the questions specifically reference al-Qaida, while one reads: “Under which terrorist group do animal rights activists and environmental extremists fall?” The correct answer is single-issue terrorists, the website says.

“But the idea of a blanket statement about people who advocate for animals and who advocate for the protection of Planet Earth being terrorists is obviously absurd,” said Michelle Cliffe, a spokeswoman at the International Federation of Animal Welfare.

Mike Hudema, a spokesman for Greenpeace Canada, noted Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver used the term “extremists” to describe more than 100 protesters from First Nations communities, social justice groups and environmental organizations crossed a police line and peacefully allowed themselves to be arrested on Parliament Hill last month.

Good job people who voted for Harper. Destroying Canada one vote at a time.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
finally something that i can agree with the government.

whoever puts a cockroach ahead of another human being is a terrorist because they are most likely the type of people that will push your grandmother out of the way, kick you infant baby to the side, throw your wife down the stairs and step on your head to save a turtle that has been flipped over.

i'm celebrating this news by going to labrador and clubbing seals with my inuit friends and then slow roasting them on a spit the traditional native way and then enjoying an ice cold labatt blue or molson canadian that i just pulled from the snow.
edit on 14-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

new topics

join