It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain : if the supercommittee fails, we'll nullify the debt ceiling deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Brilliant McCain...

McCain: Sure, we'll nullify debt deal law if Super Congress fails

If there is a failure on the part of the super committee, we will be amongst the first on the floor to nulify that provision. Congress is not bound by this. It’s something we passed, we can reverse it.

That means if the Super Congress fails because the Republicans refuse to consider tax increases, Republicans will nullify the whole debt ceiling deal in order to avoid the defense cuts in the automatic triggers.

The war mongers want their war money.

You know what's crazy? That sicko nearly ended up president.
(yeah I know president don't control much, but still)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I use to have respect for Mc Cain . I am beginning to wish they had kept him in Vietnam. I didn't realize he got back to make the rest of Americans miserable. I am starting to believe he has lost his mind completely.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Brilliant McCain...

If there is a failure on the part of the super committee, we will be amongst the first on the floor to nulify that provision. Congress is not bound by this. It’s something we passed, we can reverse it.

That means if the Super Congress fails because the Republicans refuse to consider tax increases, Republicans will nullify the whole debt ceiling deal in order to avoid the defense cuts in the automatic triggers.

As oppossed to Mr. Obama who passes epic fail after epic fail stimulus because he cannot grasp the fact that throwing tax payer billions at the problem of the lack of economy will not make this problem disappear? At this rate in 20 years you will be paying a 75% tax while your kids starve to death because the 300 dollars you bring in a month won't make ends meet. Who is the sicko again? YEAHHHHH, now you get it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

If you know me, you know that I hate McCain as much as I hate Obama.

McCain has just been there for longer so he's getting on my nerves more.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Does this surprise anyone?

This whole 'trigger' non-sense was destined to be shot down if it ever got off the ground.
If anything CONgress has been acting like they -want- to pull the trigger. It's not like they've gone and come up with any viable plans to date. (On either side of the political lines.)

In fact, to me it looks like someone -wants- to see the trigger pulled so we can get 'screwed over six ways to Sunday.'

I mean seriously, does it look like anyone is trying hard to solve this issue?

By comparison, the VA Claims resolution team works much more effectively.... An' if the VA looks better organized than the current House and Senate, that doesn't bode well for anyone.

I'm not saying the VA is saintly or efficient... but well, they seem to be doing better at getting things done than CONgress.

M.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Brilliant McCain...

I know thankgoodness that war Hawk John McCain didnt became president otherwise obama would be running now agaisnt him
it was the GOP who rigged the elections to make John McCain face obama in the first place and now they want Mit Romney to face obama somehow i feel all elections are rigged, as for the people going in and voting i think thats what i would call mock voting.

McCain is a war hawk.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah, it's called "Acting in Bad Faith" ... and people wonder why I don't vote...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Somehow the votes are rigged? Of course they are rigged. Welcome to main stream knowledge. That is why the majority of people don't vote in this country in the first place. People have better odds winning in a rigged poker hand. It has been proven over the years by Collier brothers. It has been testified to in a court of law in Florida. The testimony was given by the programmer that was guilty of the rigging. It has been shown how it is possible to hack a pc voting machine remotely. We have alot of stupid people in this country but most aren't as stupid as they are made out to be.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Technically he said "provision" or more clearly ... just that portion of the bill (super committee)

He's basically saying the Super Committee has no power over Congress, that Congress can dismantle is if it doesn't preform as intended.

new topics

top topics

join