It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[#OCCUPY] The Unsafe Places

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Per 'masqua' :

Write a short story about how you would see yourself while surrounded by #Occupy ___ protesters in whatever city you like.

So, this is a fictional account, but some of my life experience and knowledge is in there.

The Unsafe Places.

I've been a lot of places, a tumbleweed forced there by winds of that particular day's need. Been homeless since my unemployment benefits ran out. The longer I stay in this situation, the harder it is to find a good job. I got a cheap pay as you go cellphone, a mailbox that sounds like an apartment address. Luckily, every town I'd been in, had a nightly (overnight) church shelter (called PADS). I'd been keeping on top of the news about the global occupy protests, even so. And ya know, there is a saying about those with nothing left to lose.

So I headed toward New York City. I'd never been there before. Shouldn't be too hard to find Wallstreet. And with all those protestors,....It wasn't! The visual and sounds were overwhelming. I couldn't take my eyes off of the mask wearer. That mask from the movie V For Vendetta. It's magical and intimidating. And over there. Ughhh Obamabots. How could they?!! How blind of those who will not see. My view is, that we need to kick out the Federal Reserve first. After I leave this gathering, I plan to meet with the Infowars occupiers in Texas. But I was nearest to the East first.

Suddenly, a powerfull wall of people was sweeping me along with them. I felt immediately scared. A bunch of police began hitting occupiers, driving us back. I slid to the side and managed to free myself from this ocean tide, but after a struggle a length, clever maneuvering, and determination. I slid down a knoll, but was confronted with a visual horror. Two police were beating and kicking a girl. I flew to them and hovered around them like a pesky hornet. Yelling, "what did she do?!" From behind though, someone cracked my skull. For only less than half a second, it was the most physical pain I ever felt. I remember laughing long ago, when heard those sayings about "seeing stars", but it is actually true. They are really not stars. 'Lights' from neurons. Nerves.

But now, everything is different. I am sitting in a warm and beautiful garden with a friend of mine from when I was in the VA hospital. He died during that time. After some catching up chat with him, and realizing what had happened to me, he stood up and said, "Well, it's about that time! We have to go our seperate ways, but we will visit again." I said to him, "I don't want to return, I want to go with you!" And he replied to me, "It is destined, because you know where the secret safe places are from your wanderings. God wants you to lead his people there, when he brings judgement to your oppressors. There will be no safe place. For them

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good job! Nicely mysterious and left me wanting to read more.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I really liked this one. I have PTSD and I would not like to be surrounded by a huge crowd.

It flowed really well and I enjoyed it. I could relate to it also.

join