It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is the MOON rising in a different position? Way far north!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The moon never rises from the same spot. There is a cycle to it.

Search "moon cycles" on Google for more information.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Check, thats where it came about tonight. So nothing special about it here. But its incredibly bright and beautiful..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Lots of people have been noticing this over the last couple of years, and by the number of hardcore shillbots that will come and loudly proclaim how terrible a person you are for mentioning it, there must surely be something to it. Surely, Phage will be over shortly to tell you how stupid you are. Ignore him, I'm sure lots of people on ATS do.

But its pure ignorance. People should read a goddam astronomy book and discover how the moon and stars work before posting nonsense.

Honestly, I am of the opinion that intelligence in first world countries is dropping and that is why the likes of China and India are overtaking us.

OK, put it this way . Logically there are two situations:
A. The moon is behaving strangely, weird positions in the sky etc
B. Everything is normal and OP's are simply publishing their ignorance for all to see.

Now if A then the world would be full of amateur astronomers and professional astronomers jumping up and down about these phenomena. well unless every single amateur astronomer in every single country in the world is part of the global conspiracy of cover-up. I only singled out amateur astronomers since they would be the ones least likely to be part of a global conspiracy. This is clearly paranoid nonsense.

Now if B then given the "deny ignorance" calling cry of this site and the way that people ignore that statement, totally, then those people are fair game to those of us whose IQ has more than 1 digit!

People need to decide which camp they are in when faced with the bleedin obvious either "ignorance" or "deny ignorance" and live with the consequences of their choice.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I thought the moon looked strange the other day too and it was in different position but i think it just does a cycle you know but the the other day it was like orange and iv'e never seen it like that before

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

was it near the horizon? when it ws orange?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

Just the way the light is passing through our atmosphere, and as the above poster asked, usually it is near the horizon when it is this color.

Orange/Red Moon
edit on 17-10-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well if your going mad then so am I, its 5:30am and i live just south of London (uk) normally the moon is visible directly behind my house (south looking) and at about 30 degrees elevation by this time, but it only become visible at about 3am in the east and doesn't seem to of moved that far since.. and yes I do understand orbital pattens..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by talon
Well if your going mad then so am I, its 5:30am and i live just south of London (uk) normally the moon is visible directly behind my house (south looking) and at about 30 degrees elevation by this time, but it only become visible at about 3am in the east and doesn't seem to of moved that far since.. and yes I do understand orbital pattens..

can you describe what you mean by 'normally'? How often exactly do you see the moon in that place at that time-and how do you keep track of knowing when it will be there at that time in that place?

thanks!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
So we've discussed the possibilities of ignorance in the subject of Astronomy, we've also touched on the notation of conspiracy theories. We've brought a little bit of fact with the physicit's link to what is believed to be odd behavior of the moon.

However those that are arguing that the moon is behaving absolutely consistent to historical patterns set as the astronomical norm for the moon's orbit. I may be a little ignorant myself, however I have yet to see a reference to anything substantial. Unless of course a "Google" search can be established as the foundation of which our world wide college universities (specializing in said fields of study) would base their curriculum!

My apologies if my I.Q. doesn't quite live up to those that are referencing " Google " search engine as their solution to answering such complex questions, based on millions of human observations.

Signed
Kaos1

edit on 25-8-2016 by Kaos1 because: Spelling error

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join