It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is the MOON rising in a different position? Way far north!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I looked out the window just now and noticed that the moon is on a significantly northerly rise. Normally it appears due East but tonight it is very North East. I am not into astronomy and I searched online and could not find any information. I have never noticed anything like this before, EVER. I am in NE Ohio btw.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah, summer went by quick this year...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Lots of people have been noticing this over the last couple of years, and by the number of hardcore shillbots that will come and loudly proclaim how terrible a person you are for mentioning it, there must surely be something to it. Surely, Phage will be over shortly to tell you how stupid you are. Ignore him, I'm sure lots of people on ATS do.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I keep seeing this type of claim over and over.....it's intriguing,

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So I'm not nuts then? It really does not appear to be normal winter or summer.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't know where you looked online for information, but the google search "moonrise position" gave me this as a result at the top:

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

peace

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Trust me it is just you..

I can see the moon right now and it is doing
what it does everynight.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
To those of us that watch the moon rise and set near every evening, watching the skies, and being quite familiar with what goes on up 'there', and what twinkling lights are what, this isn't news.

The more people that suddenly wake up and realize that we don't live in a cartoon world where the sun and moon always rise and set exactly in the east and exactly west without variation is kind of fun.
Welcome to the way the universe really works kid.

Also, I'm pretty sure your bearings are off if you think that's North. I see the moon right now, exactly where it's suppose to be.

edit on 14-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Full moon rises north of east in winter

In winter full moons rise north of east, in summer they rise south of east

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
there are a few threads like this going around at present.. i even made one a few weeks ago about my 10yo son continuously telling me that the moon is up-side-down + in the wrong place.

Moon Up-Side-Down ????

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by angelas210

Thanks for the thread and I know what you mean. Your not crazy and niether am I or the countless others that know there is something not right here. Read a few of my posts on this subject .. That will tell you another persons take on this.. thx op

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes, yes! I saw the exact same thing 5 minutes ago and was going to start a thread about it! I'm sure some smart guy on here will say something and make us all look dumb, but where it is at this time today, and where it was yesterday is completely different.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay I'm just going to ask it.

Does any one of you who think the moon behaves odd know anything about astronomy or even know anyone actively involved with astronomy?

It has nothing to do with being crazy, it's about understanding what you observe. It's good you ask questions but you have to bear in mind that most things have an actual scientific explanation. It's not all rubish you know.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The Sky This Month from the Night Sky Observer site.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

I think it is because the movement happens so quickly going into fall and most people do not notice the moon position much. So when they do take notice before a major seasonal change it seem a bit startling to them.

I love the moon! I try to gaze at it every night.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelas210
I looked out the window just now and noticed that the moon is on a significantly northerly rise. Normally it appears due East but tonight it is very North East. I am not into astronomy and I searched online and could not find any information. I have never noticed anything like this before, EVER. I am in NE Ohio btw.

Its what we call autumn, approaching winter. It happens every year
. Nothing to be worried about!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Yeah, summer went by quick this year...
It is funny how some do not recognize the seasons and how things move in the sky

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Trust me it is just you..

I can see the moon right now and it is doing
what it does everynight.

Not according to this PhD in Planetary Science at this renowned university... arxiv.org...

There is just so much crap on the Internet that when you try to search for info, the whole dang place is clogged up with mindless dribble, and the really helpful information gets lost in it.

I've been noticing oddities in the orbit, since before I found this guy's research. (You should read more of his articles too.) I think we KNOW when something is amiss with such a fundamental part of our life as The Moon. This guy just confirms it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
In my opinion, I believe this type of confusion comes about because people are more interested in things like Nibiru, Elenin, UFOS, or whatever other speculative event/idea than things such as the Moon.

As they are outside searching for Plaedians, UFOS, or the second Sun, they notice that the Moon wasn't where it was last night at 8:00 and immediately think something is amiss.

If those people would take the time to learn about and understand the Moon, and its relation to the Earth, there would be far less of these threads. But, don't let me distract you from the newest Youtube video about Elenin causing earthquakes in Portugal.
edit on 10/14/2011 by ThaLoccster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Could it be because it's turning into Winter?

Does the moon's position change as the seasons change?

<<   2  3 >>

join