It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cop Punches Protester at Occupy Wall Street, 10/14/11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Yup, I got a nice chuckle out of it, who was the tool doing the screaming. LOL. Funny thing about these videos, they never show you what the girl did to provoke the officer, about two seconds before you get a brief glimps, but I'm sure she did something. And at the beginning they repeatedly gave a lawful order to get back on the sidewalk.

You're a sociopath, congratulations.

I see that we have fascists in the house, laughing and applauding the actions of the pigs.

I for one hope that the officer's name and address are leaked
edit on 15-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

Just where are the "pigs"? All I see is Police Officers giving the protesters a lawfull order to return to the sidewalks, and the protesters ignoring them. The girl in the green shirt had to of given the Officer a reason to take the action he did.

had to of?
well i am certainly glad you can articulate your point clearly.

so when a cop tell me where to go i have to automatically fall in line, do what they say? get back on that sidewalk, yes sir! shut my mouth and my eyes and go home, yes sir. lay down in this coffin and fold my arms, well i guess i have to.

Wow, you got all that from my little post? I know your wound up, but take a calming breath. The officers were giving a order to return to the sidewalk because they were most likely blocking traffic so people that work for a living can either go to work or return home from work. That's where the lawful order to return to the sidewalk comes from. Now where you got the shut my mouth and my eyes and go home, yes sir. lay down in this coffin and fold my arms, well i guess i have to. line I have no idea.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Wow, you got all that from my little post? I know your wound up, but take a calming breath. The officers were giving a order to return to the sidewalk because they were most likely blocking traffic so people that work for a living can either go to work or return home from work. That's where the lawful order to return to the sidewalk comes from. Now where you got the shut my mouth and my eyes and go home, yes sir. lay down in this coffin and fold my arms, well i guess i have to. line I have no idea.

well.
it's a little power called extrapolation, i'm sure you use it yourself from time to time.
because it seems to me that if a police officer can tell me whether or not to stand on a sidewalk
i should be equally powerless to resist an order to just go home.
etc.
you see where this is going?
this is a protest, not a way to goof off because we're all bored.
if we're all going to stand in good little lines wherever we're told we may as well
start our own tv station and apply for funding from Mister Murdoch
yeah, law abiding men and women need to keep their heads down and scurry home so they can continue the cycle. i understand and sympathise,
but the system, it's a broken machine.
most machines i know, when they break
gotta stop them before you can fix them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The officers were giving a order to return to the sidewalk because they were most likely blocking traffic so people that work for a living can either go to work or return home from work. That's where the lawful order to return to the sidewalk comes from.

As citizens have the right of movement in public areas, so too does other citizens have the right to voice out in public.

It is one thing to maintain lawful order by a cop to direct traffic. And quite another to use physical violence upon citizens whom may be slow to respond to such advices.

Furthermore, there are other peaceful means to remove stubborn folks if they resist lawful orders. Suckerpunching is not one of such means.

That cop who did may had been under extreme stress, but still is no excuse for violence, for daily, even in normal times, the traffic in New York is stressful itself. If we condone his actions, it may mean citizens will turn a blind eye to him if he shoots at a driver if he is questioned one day.

Thus, it is IMPERATIVE, that police commissioners worldwide train their troops to watch their behaviour closely and react accordingly, to violence only when there is indeed clear and present danger to innocent lives involved, and return peace for peace. OWS is nor the 1st public demostration, nor will be the last, until those guilty in power correct their errors.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Like I just posted on another thread about this stuff, this will eventually cause riots, then it will not be pretty. but then again, we need to wake everyone up to this, and not be silenced, or pushed into submission by TPTB. I think this is good for the U.S. we need this right now, and if it means blocking a little traffic to start getting more people to wake up, then so be it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
May it not come to riots one day. There is already enough suffering.

May the OWS peaceful protests worldwide be enough for TPTB to wake up and make the necessary changes to correct errors.

Ignorance of such massive pleas on a planetary scale cannot be simply brush aside, or worse will only come if ignorance by TPTB still rules. Let's not play the game of brinksmanship, for the sufferings of the masses are genuine and they are in the majority than TPTB could ever muster up.

The day when unarmed citizens are prepared to give up their lives to make a stand, when violence rules, is day over for TPTB and its minions.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I am surprised none of the protesters have taken any firecrackers to the march and lit one to see the cops reaction. I bet it would be the second shot heard round the world. Dangerous times we live in scary too!
edit on 15-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Rofl... unbelievable.

Where did I say that cops didn't learn defensive martial arts manoeuvres?

Right, I didn't. I said this guy threw a slug.

How you get "self defense" from a guy walking away, being turned around, and slugged in the face, is simply idiotic. Period.

And then you go on to tell me that I support Obama. That's just fantastic. I'm really glad you showed up to push my views on me.

Get real.
edit on 15-10-2011 by RidgidHarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Aw geez, dont give ppl ideas...

I would hope with all of the video cameras/phones around, no one would be stupid enough to think they can get away with it and not be caught

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Aw geez, dont give ppl ideas...

I would hope with all of the video cameras/phones around, no one would be stupid enough to think they can get away with it and not be caught

Yeah, kinda spoils all the "fun". Big Brother wherever you go. Thats what happened that started the first Revolution. Someone fired a shot and neither side knew who it was and it was the flashpoint when tensions were already too high and people being angry as it was. I wouldn't worry though, these protests won't go anywhere because people gotta work to eat and if you arent working youre not eating. I predict it won't be much longer until these protests cave in and everyone goes home.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
hello i dont read all the discussion but i want say something...

in america i dont understand why when a policeman hit a girl in his face, why people around dont have the bravery for protect this girl ? why all this guys want the change, while they have no bravery for help just a woman ?
American protesters dont have "nuts" like Italia today...

They are afraid just because of a cops uniforme and they want make a revolution... omg xd
And dont tell me "they are pacifist protesters" lol... they are "zombies protesters"

(sorry for my bad english )
edit on 15-10-2011 by maritimo69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maritimo69

You go in to help someone who has been targeted by the police in any country and you inturn will be targeted as they see you as no different. same as mates sticking up for mates in a fight, ends up being an all in..

people on both sides tend to act rashly in situations like this. Adrenaline is high on both sides and a minor bump can start a major incident.

Yes people need to be there with cameras so both sides are aware and hopefully people will behave.
But if you ask me i reckon protesters more often than not provoke and start incidents. No proof, no links, just an opinionated observation.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

he tried to knee her in the face too but was pushed aside as he was trying to do so.

Really....out of all the males there....you find a female and punch her in the face....And not a great punch at that.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

They had to report it because that deputy inspector king hit an HIV-positive protestor and blood was spilt

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

why do you act as If cops should be treated differently then other people, like their somehow above regular citizens. "you never grab a cops sleeve" what kind of bull# power trip is that. how many punches in the face must I take before Its ok to defend myself from the police? do you WANT these police to live like knights above you? Or are you a cop who want's to live like knight above everyone else?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The only difference between i pig and a thug on the street is a badge and uniform and the red tape cuter to get away with whatever they want.
Come on cops treat me like that again and I`ll answer back .45 style. Never met a repectable cop in all my life and i`ve never commited a crime. Driving without insurance dosent count, its extortion and i`m making a silent protest against it by not paying, rather put gas in my car and bullets in m guns.

F the police.

sry mods it needed to be said

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There's no excuse for that attack, (because that's what it was) absolutely none whatsoever. Anyone trying to invent an excuse for that policeman are so far up their own as.. they are in Narnia. The man was walking away, touching no one, the policeman turned, or caused the man to turn around, and the policeman fisted him in the face. That could have been a killer punch. Obviously the policeman was not too worried either about the fact that nearly everyone is carrying a picture capture device. So even if it's not on mainstream news, the world will see it, although my guess is that mainstream will have to show it now by default. Let's hope there is footage previous to the attack to see just how bad the provocation was on the policeman. You have to applaud the rest of the protesters, they chanted their condemnation, the policeman didn't succeed in getting a riot started!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
There in the middle of the road
blocking traffic!!

Why should anyone be able to block traffic to someone
who just got off of work and is trying to get home
to there family??

I feel no sympathy, it is actually quite funny!!

The protester in the green shirt was pushing the cop
and got laid out, exactly what they were asking for.
This has turned into a circus fest..
Look the guy is clearly pushing the officer
the protester is grabbing the cops sleeve resisting
to get off the road..

He pushed he grabbed the officers sleeve, he got punched!!
The protesters were upping the ante.
You can not block the roads!!

edit on 14-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

If you're black, you can't sit in the first four rows of the bus.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

OMG,
The dirty civiilian, he-a-touch me, does he not know who I am??

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Unfortunately, the police action is not due to people being "Slow" to move out of the way. The protesters clearly stopped in the middle of the street and forced the cops to stop. Then it appeared as if they were trying to surround the convoy of motorcycles, and clearly it put the cops in the defensive.
I said before, there are professional protesters involved in this, and I think some of the protesters are at least getting some coaching on how to to do all this stuff, if they are not themselves directly involved in setting up conflicts. I watched those people stop in the street, and confront the cops. They made gestures, yelling at the cops and throwing stuff. It also reminds me of some of the tactics used in the illegal immigration rallies, which were also supported by hard core radicals(in case you all thought those were spontaneous too).

edit on 15-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Unfortunately, the police action is not due to people being "Slow" to move out of the way. The protesters clearly stopped in the middle of the street and forced the cops to stop. Then it appeared as if they were trying to surround the convoy of motorcycles, and clearly it put the cops in the defensive.
I said before, there are professional protesters involved in this, and I think some of the protesters are at least getting some coaching on how to to do all this stuff, if they are not themselves directly involved in setting up conflicts. I watched those people stop in the street, and confront the cops. They made gestures, yelling at the cops and throwing stuff. It also reminds me of some of the tactics used in the illegal immigration rallies, which were also supported by hard core radicals(in case you all thought those were spontaneous too).

And the protester is a guy.

How the gender is even relevant has been beyond me since the first post. The law is not semantically gender-discriminate in assault cases.

What's even more beyond me is how you think anything that you just depicted is legal grounds to slug someone in the face. Look at the still frame again, body language suggests that the other officers don't even agree with you on the "self defense" nonsense. The other "white shirt" looks like he's saying "no, no, NO, NO, NO!" and the one in the jacket looks like he's thinking "Oh god, please don't do this". They then immediately shut off their brains and go into "brotherhood mode".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join