It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cop Punches Protester at Occupy Wall Street, 10/14/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Ok for real... this is just crazy!! From today at the marches... I saw it on the Live Stream and had to find it on youtube...

Searched for a while and finally found the clip to share... It happens at about 1:40 on the video... And it seems to be a FEMALE?!?!? Madness

One thing ive noticed about this whole occupation is that the cops are the only violent ones... what gives
edit on 14-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its looking like its getting crazier down there..

Also it looks like the cop went into damage control mode right after throwing the punch. Totally uncalled for

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I just saw on tv a cop just ran over someone's leg and the fellow was lying in the street yelling in pain. I haven't checked to see if it's on YT. It's the weekend now, mybe the cops are getting too tense. Why the ugly violence?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Did I see that correctly? Some of the other protesters were able to pull the person that was punched away from the cops? It seems like a few cops were grabbing for him, but the protesters were able to pull him into their side.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Exactly......the police are the only ones that have been violent.....that speaks volumes to me.

Here is what is happening in (Occupy Seattle).....my city!

www.nwcn.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by seenavv

I just saw on tv a cop just ran over someone's leg and the fellow was lying in the street yelling in pain. I haven't checked to see if it's on YT. It's the weekend now, mybe the cops are getting too tense. Why the ugly violence?

Yeah that video is being discussed HERE

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's sad and infuriating seeing all these videos of the NYPD blatantly abusing protesters and knowing that they're still going to have their jobs tomorrow...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I second the notion that the person looked like a woman with a long braided pony tail. Really disgraceful.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There in the middle of the road
blocking traffic!!

Why should anyone be able to block traffic to someone
who just got off of work and is trying to get home
to there family??

I feel no sympathy, it is actually quite funny!!

The protester in the green shirt was pushing the cop
and got laid out, exactly what they were asking for.
This has turned into a circus fest..
Look the guy is clearly pushing the officer
the protester is grabbing the cops sleeve resisting
to get off the road..

He pushed he grabbed the officers sleeve, he got punched!!
The protesters were upping the ante.
You can not block the roads!!

edit on 14-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Stupid human 'police officer' thinking he can assult another human and not be punished. Careless acts done by stupid humans like him are making me feel edgy and I am tempted to begin some chaos magick, HURTFUL MAGICK at these guys. But I wont unless something so outrageous occurs that leaves no other choice.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Did that cop just suckerpunch a woman protester?

Not only is that chicken***t to begin with...but to hit a woman? That man deserves to be beaten within an inch of his life just for hitting a woman!

ETA: I never advocate violence against cops! This is my exception.
edit on 14-10-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It was hard to see. The video came right on them right as he swings on then... But he swung pretty hard... I am having trouble finding justification for this cops actions...

Looks like a sucker punch

Looks like the protestors managed to pull her away from the cops...To which I say... GOOD.

It is just gross that the only aggressive ones I am seeing are the cops here....

I notice towards the end, the cop is hunched over with his hand on his face. Did he get hit to?

Also, what are they chanting at the end? It sounds like Shame?
edit on 14-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was surprised they actually reported this incident in the local paper. There's a video with an alternate view in the article.

O ccupy Wall Street protester 'sucker-punched' by NYPD cop speaks out.

The Occupy Wall Street demonstrator who was videotaped being punched by a police officer during a protest march Friday has lawyered up. Felix Rivera-Pitre, who escaped after he was slugged in the face, has not yet been charged with a crime.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Erowynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
From the looks of this video several of the police were borderline terrified. Those little batons, the pepper spray, and even a few guns would never stop that crowd if it decided to intervene. A couple of the cops clearly displayed fear.
that was not a healthy situation, but neither is the economy thanks to wall street, the gov. bailouts and the banks. They will be on candid camera from every direction in every protest. If they do anything untoward, the protesters will definitely have it on tape for prosperity. If obvious brutality should enter in it will be all over the world in minutes. They know it, and they fear that as much as the crowd. I hope everyone keeps a cool head
DH

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

It looks like he did ...

ETA: Ah, per the link above, it wasn't a woman - but nevertheless - still a sucker punch

edit on 14-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by morder1

Just found another view of this incident...

Look at about 17 seconds into the video...

BTW It does look to be a guy from this view

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I guess its a man...Wasn't trying to add insult to injury.

Still is a horrible thing to do!
edit on 14-10-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh no he di-int.

That was all bad, must wonder what she could have possibly said to provoke that. It's things like this that escalate protests (in general) to the next level, and I must admit concern over the direction this is going.

As a side note I won't be surprised if this little video view count caps at a low number on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

It looks like he did ...

ETA: Ah, per the link above, it wasn't a woman - but nevertheless - still a sucker punch

edit on 14-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Take a look at the video in the article provided a few posts up! It has a better angle! the cop grabbed him turned him around and just sucker punched him....

Good for him for lawyering up

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

Your article shows another and better angle. All I can say is wow. The guy was walking away, the cop comes up behind him. Grabs him, turns him around and sucker punches him...

And actually he takes two swings. The first one misses... This cop... Just..... wow...

how blatantly abusive can this cop be?

Just wow.
edit on 14-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join