It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of Dallas Tells Protesters To Set Up Camp Infront of City Hall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ive been keeping up to date on the Occupy Dallas movement, and the city of Dallas wanted to negotiate with the protesters. Here's what their facebook said.

www.facebook.com...

I just got word from one of our attorneys. The city wants to negotiate. I will update you with more information as soon as it's availible.

And what did the negotiations end up in?

Yes. We are moving. The GA vote was over a 2/3 majority. City Hall wanted their tourist spot back. Ok. We'll put our tents here. Ok. We can do whatever we want here for 60 days. Ok. This spot is a block away from where we were. We're going to wake up at 7, eat, grab a ton of stuff and go back to Pioneer Park... EVERY DAY from 6 am - Midnight. We just doubled the size of our real estate with a 60 day lease. Oh, did I mention that building behind the park is City Hall? That's right... City Hall is behind the park, not the other way around because THERE WILL BE MORE PEOPLE IN THE PARK THAN IN THE BUILDING!

I didnt expect the city to do this. Pioneer Plaza to City Hall. I would say this is a pretty nice win for the Occupy Dallas movement.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sounds similar to the whole "designated protesting areas" thing you got going on over there. What's the point of protesting if you are not even an annoyance?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
That's great that Dallas is trying to work with OWS!!

The last time I protested, I was on the lawn of the Denton City Hall with students from UNT, and veterans, protesting the war in Iraq back in 2008.

Most of the people passing by gave us the finger, cursed at us and called us "hippies". LOL. I'll bet a lot of those yay-hoos are now broke with no job, and if they were farmers or ranchers, the drought has kicked their behinds this year.

I've never felt more patriotic than I felt in Denton on that day. I had three kids in the military. I was doing it for them.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

What's the point of protesting if you are not even an annoyance?

From what I understand from the Dallas movement, pretty much everyone wants to cooperate with the city so we dont run into problems like what happened in Denver yesterday (police raided the camp). Occupy Dallas is still allowed to march and protest throughout the city, and have been everyday since the protests started here last week. The protests in Dallas have been very peaceful, and the Occupy Dallas movement and the city have been pretty respectful to eachother. The police block traffic when the protesters need to cross the road, plus the police even were helping out with water last week. Theres a pretty good police/city-protester relationship here and I dont think anyone down here wants that to deteriorate anytime soon.

top topics

join