It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
...ok I wanna keep this kinda short because of the way I feel as I right this lol

I had a exciting OBE way back at the beginning of the year...it wasn't forced it just happened and I loved it. So tonight I finally decided I would look into astral projection, I've spent about 40mins listening to some vibration music off youtube and I was feeling like I wasnt going to get anywhere and then all of a sudden I think I saw myself move toward a windowsill hahaah it sounds insane but just as I did it the music was finishing and I came out? woke up? came back? i don't know what term to use...

...anway the reason I'm here is to ask...is it normal to feel incredibly sick, like the need to vomit after such an experience?

Any help/advice or general response would be great because if its normal I can't wait to practice this everyday!

Oh also is their any danger in doing astral projection?
edit on 14-10-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
post a link to the video please

not sure about feeling ill tho

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

From everything I've read on it there is no danger at all. I am waiting for some responses because I am very interested in this subject too.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have only had one out of body experience many years ago. It scared the hell out of me because I thought I was dead, yet I wasn't.
Once I realized what had happened I thought wow that was amazing! I have not had the inclination to try it on my own. I would be afraid I wouldn't be able to get back or something.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
post a link to the video please

not sure about feeling ill tho

www.youtube.com...

I listened to this at twice. I'd really love to know if the vomiting feeling is normal and wether their is any danger. Hopefully someone can help me somewhere on ATS...unless they prefer all the constant fear mongering...oh damn, i've got no chance have I lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I had one once when I spent the night at a friends house.
I got up and walked into the living room.
their dog got up and came up to me.
But I could tell the dog knew something was not right.
She cocked her head to the side. Like she was trying to figure out that it was me but not me.
After we looked at each other for a bit. I woke up.
I jumped up and looked into the living room.
The dog was there looking at the spot I must of been in.
The dog did a double take when she saw me at the door to the room.

It was a wild experience.

Years later I visited a psycich who confirmed that I could obe.
I fell asleep during one of her classes and while She was in a trance she said I was floating around the room.

Freaky.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've never had that happen to me again.
However there are times when I suddenly get super sleepy and I think that it's a obe experience happening.
However I don't know what happens during that time.

edit on 14-10-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
thanks mo' cara

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

seems to require a lot of energy to migrate attention "from vessel to vessel". maybe there is a remedy in boosting ones energy/vitality.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You might find Dr Bruce Goldberg interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to hear from people who have done this often and what their experiences have been like.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ive had 4 in my life.... from my experiences they require allot of energy. you feel physically drained and may have a slight headache afterwards. They are not bad for you in anyway or form just require immense energy to take affect, which can leave you feeling slightly uncomfortable afterwards. I believe it would affect everyone on a individual level so i where i may get a headache u may get a stomach ache.
-It could also be a energy blockage, these cause physical symptoms if energy is not passing properly.

I have not been able to have anymore as i believe their is nothing more for me to gain from the experience at this point in my life. but look forward to the next one as it is a breathe taking experience!

Work on cleansing your chakra's if your our interested. It is part of the process for OBE's and in turn will boost your vitality, thought process and spirituality.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have found that when you leave your body there is a rubberband like pull between you and your body and that pull seems stronger the closer they are together. I find that when I lose control and am "pulled" back into my body, I sometimes feel nauseated or clammy. What you described sounds like what I have experienced when I was pulled back.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You may want to give the "Lucidology 101" videos a try. They can be found easily on youtube. The trick is to enter the mind awake, body asleep state, aka sleep paralysis. I've only ever had one OBE, but those videos have some good tips and trick. Good Luck.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
I have found that when you leave your body there is a rubberband like pull between you and your body and that pull seems stronger the closer they are together. I find that when I lose control and am "pulled" back into my body, I sometimes feel nauseated or clammy. What you described sounds like what I have experienced when I was pulled back.

You could very well be right...I was just realising I had gone to "that place" if you know what I mean, when the music I had on stopped and thats when I woke up? and felt sick. I guess that would make sense!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've tried Astral projection for a few days now, no result, when I go to bed i try to clear my mind and repeat ''Mind awake, Body asleep'', But everytime some other thought invades my brain and i have to start over.

Any tips?
edit on 16-10-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

as said above "Lucidology 101" video's feature almost everything you need to know.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
...ok I wanna keep this kinda short because of the way I feel as I right this lol

I had a exciting OBE way back at the beginning of the year...it wasn't forced it just happened and I loved it. So tonight I finally decided I would look into astral projection, I've spent about 40mins listening to some vibration music off youtube and I was feeling like I wasnt going to get anywhere and then all of a sudden I think I saw myself move toward a windowsill hahaah it sounds insane but just as I did it the music was finishing and I came out? woke up? came back? i don't know what term to use...

...anway the reason I'm here is to ask...is it normal to feel incredibly sick, like the need to vomit after such an experience?

Any help/advice or general response would be great because if its normal I can't wait to practice this everyday!

Oh also is their any danger in doing astral projection?
edit on 14-10-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

OK, the 'music' is just to stimulate your brain going into a certain pattern, this can only be achieved when wearing headphones. These are actually not 'vibration' sounds but there called Binurial Beats. These are very simple and anyone can make them if they know how to use the software.

We have 4 different brainwaves with different outcomes.

1.Beta Wave - emited when we are consciously alert, or we feel agitated, tense, afraid, with frequencies ranging from 13 to 60 pulses per second in the Hertz scale.

2. Alpha Wave - when we are in a state of physical and mental relaxation, although aware of what is happening around us, its frequency are around 7 to 13 pulses per second.

3. Theta Wave - more or less 4 to 7 pulses, it is a state of somnolence with reduced consciousness.

4. Delta Wave - when there is unconsciousness, deep sleep or catalepsy, emitting between 0.1 and 4 cycles per second.

Now these waves cannot be achieved with one sound, because the frequency is so low, our ears would not even pick it up. So how can these Binurial Beats make us hear them? The aswer is they don't.

I will explain how these Binurial beats work in a nutshell.

These are relaxing songs to begin with, so you already are relaxing while listening to them. And here is how they make your brain pick up those low frequentcies, if the song is recorded/composed at lets say 300Hz then they will record the left signal seperate from the right. Because in order to achieve for example the Alpha Wave the frequency would need to be between 7 and 13.

So the left ear is recorded as 300Hz and the right ear as 310Hz, your brain will try and compisate the sound to be equal, witch will generate the 10Hz in your brian. this is how binurial beats work, and the reason why you need to where headphones in order to achieve the Wave you prefer.

TIP: next time put your song on repeat

Hope this helps people understand the basics of Binurial Beats and how they work.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
I've tried Astral projection for a few days now, no result, when I go to bed i try to clear my mind and repeat ''Mind awake, Body asleep'', But everytime some other thought invades my brain and i have to start over.

Any tips?
edit on 16-10-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

I don't know if you meditate or even know the basics about spirituality and OBE's/astral travel etc. But when you 'wake up' in the middle of your 'undocking' with your body, you get a big tug back into your body and you can see strange things happen because your in between. Things you can't explain.

All i'm trying to say is be carefull and do it in a place you won't be disturbed, it's not the same as trying on a new pair of pants. Best is to do some research and meditation before trying OBE's and astral travel, so you know how deep meditation and higher consciousness feels before atempting to OBE. It can be really overwelmong when your not familiar with the feelings and experiences.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Finally a decent thread on ATS amongst Ouija boards and alien abductions (no offense)

I have been reading about Astral Projection on and off for the last 7 to 8 years since early days of College. I have read about almost all major inducing techniques (Monroe, etc), people who claim to do this at-will, etc.
Recently only, I learned about Binaural Beats and just for exploration purposes, I started experimenting with them. I downloaded a few apps on my iPod and one of them had a decent beat - which actually DID help me focus write a long review for work. This could simply be a mind-suggestion or a coincident, but if it works, then it works!

Theta Waves is what you need (that seems to be the consensus) to get in the right position for Astral Projection. Don't forget that we all (non believers can believe what they want, no issues!) project astrally every night, although it's done sub-consciously and without our control. Astral Projection (as someone said) is simply doing 'what you do every night' -but at will. It's like watching a movie, but also participating in it, while being aware of the fact that you're doing it. Meditation, as someone said is also a powerful tool and you can just as easily Project without the help of Beats and other aids. I practise meditation regularly and don't believe in too much dependency on these beats, etc. but whatever works for you, go with it.

Coming back to the main topic, I have also started seriously experimenting with Astral Projection, as time allows for last 2-3 weeks and I have had 2 experiences. One was a complete success and I fully documented it. I can share the link (it links out to my website) if people are interested in reading about it.

Another experience was what I would call not really Astral Projection, but it was still based on what I had consciously asked before going to sleep (I did not document it like experiment #1).

Cheers.

edit on 17-10-2011 by himalayanhermit because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2011 by himalayanhermit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join