It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months in the making

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hey ats, wanted to share some creative energy, just a crop off a painting I have been working on for 6 months or so on and off. It is Oil on canvas, this section would be about 2' X 2.5' (the whole painting is about 4.5; by 8 or so. Not ready to show it all yet, but its a few weeks from completion so keep your eyes on the member art forum.

what do you think

edit on 14-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Very nice picture.

Thank's for sharing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Good Job. I like it. I'm interested in what the final piece is going to look like.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Awesome, I could never work in oil though, it was, well, just a bad experience in 8th grade art. Don't even begin to ask...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
very very nice good work, are you represented? do you display, sell your work? i can hook you up with the SF art crowd. send me a P2P to know more
edit on 14-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

I did not really go near oils until recently (im 24). I never really painted much before now either lol probably why this is taking me ages to complete

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Good Job! Somewhat of a style I've never seen before.

My wife is also an artist, as was her late father. Tomorrow we'll be attending an art festival of sorts in Alabama, where she will be trying to sell some of her work. Tonight I'm busy finishing up the displays and such. She's very excited.

Keep going with it, you're obviously very talented...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm jelous. Always wanted to be an artist. Great job! Keep up the good work and keep sharing!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Wow. That is an awesome piece of artwork you've got there. Very nicely done. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Thank you and I hope tomorrow goes smoothly. Its cool you are helping her prepare, artists have a tendency to fall short on the logistical side of things, at least I do haha. If you want Id love to see her work if she has it on display online.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
very well done, gives me an eery vibe tho haha

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

haha thats good, the eye in my avatar is also part of this same painting.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Thank you and I hope tomorrow goes smoothly. Its cool you are helping her prepare, artists have a tendency to fall short on the logistical side of things, at least I do haha. If you want Id love to see her work if she has it on display online.

Tomorrow is a day for selling craft type items. She makes the cutest little butterflies with fairy heads. The butterflies are made with leather and painted with acrylic. She makes the heads out of plaster of paris and then paints the faces on. She will also be selling rings that she makes out of copper with gemstones. She draws as well, so I'll see what I can do about getting you a picture. She recently started doing oil painting, but hasn't come into her own on that. Her drawings are excellent.

Her late father was an oil painter, mostly portraits. He was an art teacher at one of the colleges in Louisiana, and afterwards opened a portrait studio in New Orleans. I'll see if she will allow me to post at least one of his paintings. She's particular about things...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
We have a similar show here in Toronto called "The One of a Kind Show" It takes place at a big convention center and artists rent booths and sell their stuff, there are also several outdoor shows I have heard about. It sounds like she has a niche working with those materials, acrylic paint is quite vibrant so I could imagine what one of these butterflies might look like. I have never really experimented much with craft like work, just drawing and painting, never sculpted anything. I would love to expand once I gain some traction as an artist.

I wish I had someone artistic influence in my family, my dad is a trades man, his dad a trades man, I learned marble work, restoring stone at some of the nicest places in Canada, thats sort of a median between my skill as an artist and a trade. I want to do art permanently, and knowing it cant happen with sketches and drawings alone I had to jump into a new medium and take it seriously. looking forward to seeing some of her work if she deems it so lol.

new topics

top topics

join