It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Imperfect Utopia?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
mistakeeeessssssssssssssssssssss happen. Especially in this material world thought to be "ruled" by humans.
edit on 14-10-2011 by ImmortalThought because: replied incorrectly

Is someone a whittle sweepy today?

lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Did you read the definition of utopia??

Dew you know the TRUE definition of Perfection?

If Perfection includes Imperfection, than a Imperfect Utopia would be Perfect.

What you don't realize is your definition is conceptually & perceptually based, thus, flawed!

Perfection abounds EVERYWHERE and that includes in an Imperfect Utopia.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You are simply speaking in double-talk and prove nothing. Perfection and imperfection are obviously polar opposites.
An "Imperfect Utopia" as you call it is an oxymoron. The concepts negate themselves.

Definition of PERFECTION 1 : the quality or state of being perfect: as a : freedom from fault or defect : flawlessness b : maturity c : the quality or state of being saintly 2 a : an exemplification of supreme excellence b : an unsurpassable degree of accuracy or excellence

www.merriam-webster.com...
edit on 10/14/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

What you don't realize is your definition is conceptually & perceptually based, thus, flawed!

Ribbit

But what if perfection doesn't include imperfection.

Instead perfection is the abscence of imperfection.

Would perfection still contridict itself and create a paradox? If so how?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You are simply speaking in double-talk and prove nothing. Perfection and imperfection are obviously polar opposites.
An "Imperfect Utopia" as you call it is an oxymoron. The concepts negate themselves.

Definition of PERFECTION 1 : the quality or state of being perfect: as a : freedom from fault or defect : flawlessness b : maturity c : the quality or state of being saintly 2 a : an exemplification of supreme excellence b : an unsurpassable degree of accuracy or excellence

I am kNot speaking in double-talk, you are thinking in double-thought.

What if Imperfection doesn't exist? Then would kNot everything be Perfect?

Your conceptually biased perceptions are the cause of your confusion, for they are keeping you from seeing the truth.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Ribbit

What if Imperfection doesn't exist? That's the better question!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

I'm saying that Utopia is all in perspective. Once people realize that we cannot possibly be 100% perfect but can only get close to perfect, then we will have Utopia.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

I'm saying that Utopia is all in perspective. Once people realize that we cannot possibly be 100% perfect but can only get close to perfect, then we will have Utopia.

Now Chamberf=6, there's a true oxymoron, AnIntellectualRedneck.

I hope you don't mind, AIR.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

And all I'm saying is that a Utpoia does not need to be "all in perspective." In fact, it may be better to understand that we will never as long as we are humans be able to create a Utopia. Even after realizing we cannot create a Utopia.

The reality is that a Utopia is just as far away as heaven as long as we hold onto this materialistic world we will have faults.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Ribbit

Ribbit

You didn't answer my question in any shape or form. If imperfection did not exist then all your previous arguments are voided. Do you enjoy confusing your audience and self?

We all know that imperfections exist; when crops don't produce enough food for the farmer to eat. Maybe another farmer will find this as "perfect" because he will make more money this year, but to the farmer who first lost his crop this is imperfect. Because both hold truth, it is perfect and imperfect, non exclusive to either quality.

But you cannot give an example of something that is exclusively perfect (not even a perfect circle).

----------------------------------------

A utopia doesn not exist. If it did only perfect beings would be able to exist within it. Does this mean we shouldn't strive for a better world? I think not, but we should always remember we aren't creating a Utopia. Instead we are just trying to create a better tomorrow, thats all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Your conceptually biased perceptions are the cause of your confusion, for they are keeping you from seeing the truth.

Ribbit

If Chamber is thinking in double talk, then are you not talking in double talk according to your law of paradox you stated earlier? I think your theology is clouding your preception of reality. Especially since you are bouncing back and forth between statements.

I literally just asked you the same thing about the abscene of imperfection and you deflected it with a question. And then use it later? LOL, smoke much?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ribbit

Ribbit

You didn't answer my question in any shape or form. If imperfection did not exist then all your previous arguments are voided. Do you enjoy confusing your audience and self?

We all know that imperfections exist; when crops don't produce enough food for the farmer to eat. Maybe another farmer will find this as "perfect" because he will make more money this year, but to the farmer who first lost his crop this is imperfect. Because both hold truth, it is perfect and imperfect, non exclusive to either quality.

But you cannot give an example of something that is exclusively perfect (not even a perfect circle).

----------------------------------------

A utopia doesn not exist. If it did only perfect beings would be able to exist within it. Does this mean we shouldn't strive for a better world? I think not, but we should always remember we aren't creating a Utopia. Instead we are just trying to create a better tomorrow, thats all.

The Perfection in Imperfection Paradox dicates that with what you call Life, if imperfection is the intentional design, then when imperfection occurs, it's perfect and thus, imperfection is perfect and from that, imperfection is a figment of your imagination, an illusion.

What makes you think this isn't all part of the design of this Matrix?

What makes you think your conceptualized perceptions are right or even have a bearing on any of this?

What makes you think you even remotely know the truth about ANYTHING?

Ribbit

edit on 15-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ribbit

If Chamber is thinking in double talk, then are you not talking in double talk according to your law of paradox you stated earlier? I think your theology is clouding your preception of reality. Especially since you are bouncing back and forth between statements.

I literally just asked you the same thing about the abscene of imperfection and you deflected it with a question. And then use it later? LOL, smoke much?

Using the word "absence" is where you are going wrong. Absence dictates it is missing, kNot that it doesn't exist. The two are kNot synonymous.

Imperfection does kNot exist, EVERYTHING is how it's suppose to be, thus, EVERYTHING is perfect!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Imperfection does kNot exist, EVERYTHING is how it's suppose to be, thus, EVERYTHING is perfect!

Everything is perfect, huh?

:shk:

You mind backing that statement up with some facts rather than just your opinion and double-talk?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Everything is perfect, huh?

:shk:

You mind backing that statement up with some facts rather than just your opinion and double-talk?

First, have you ever taken the time to look at the Hubble pics, to see the Perfect Order of the Universe, the Perfect Order of Source, the Perfect Order of God?

Second, the "Ones" responsible for this thing you call Life, are the "Ones" that truly live that Perfect Order, WE the Souls, thus, if you lived in "Utopia" how would you understand Dystopia unless you played it out (aka: experiment)? And, if this thing you call Life is the way it is on purpose, then the Perfection in Imperfection Paradox dictates that when an intentional Imperfection is achieved, it then qualifies as Perfection, thus, Imperfection does kNot exist in an intentionally Imperfect Utopia and since Utopia is defined as a Perfect World and when Imperfect is Perfect, then an Imperfect Utopia would be a Perfect description of this world, although that is a contradiction but the contradiction is required so as to kNot confuse the Perfection of the accepted meaning of Utopia with the intentional Imperfection of this Utopia and a non-conformist is a contradiction, although they dew exist, so contradictions exist as well, even if they don't. Here's a Perfect example of a contradiction:

"There is no don't, there's only dew! So, if you can't don't, then don't can't!" - Old Toad Proverb

How would you understand your shadow if all you dew is run to the Light?

Ribbit

Ps: Dew you kNow about the Ghost Werd Rule in English? Here's a Perfect example:

"Religion without Science is Stupid but Science without God is Stupider!" - Old Toad Proverb

In English, the werd "stupider" isn't a werd but the Ghost Werd Rule dictates:

"When a werd is used that isn't a werd but it defines something better than any other werd can, then although it isn't a werd, it's considered proper."

Stupider folds back onto itself Stupid, thus, it is Stupid Squared and no other werd qualifies as Stupid Squared and Science without God is that Stupid, thus, it's use is proper, although still kNot a werd. So a werd that isn't a werd, is used in a sentence and is proper, but still isn't a werd, it qualifies as a Ghost Werd because how can something be that isn't? I dew believe you call those Ghosts.

Contradictions, you say?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

ghost word n. A word that has come into a dictionary, grammar, or other scholarly work as a result of a misreading or misinterpretation, as by mistaking a typographical error for an actual word. (Linguistics) a word that has entered the language through the perpetuation, in dictionaries, etc., of an error

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Not quite the same as you think...

You seem to be assuming that ALL the imperfections in our world ARE intentional. Prove it.

edit on 10/15/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/15/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

ghost word n. A word that has come into a dictionary, grammar, or other scholarly work as a result of a misreading or misinterpretation, as by mistaking a typographical error for an actual word. (Linguistics) a word that has entered the language through the perpetuation, in dictionaries, etc., of an error

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Not quite the same as you think...

You seem to be assuming that ALL the imperfections in our world ARE intentional. Prove it.

First, the Ghost Werd Rule is spelled WERD, kNot WORD, so . . .

I am kNot assuming, I kNow they are but how dew I prove it? Good question! Give me a bit and I'll see if I can put that in an order without contradictory paradoxes, so it won't be as confusing as the earlier stuff was.

Ribbit

Ps: The Ghost Werd Rule is based on math & logic but it has yet to be accepted by the Ones that dew the accepting.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Then please give a
link to something on Ghost "Werd" Rule...

I looked and nothing. Or as you would say: kNuthing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Then please give a

Like I said, it hasn't been accepted yet by those that dew the accepting and the correct spelling of "kNuthing" is kNOwTHING.
But I love the attempt!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Then please give a

Like I said, it hasn't been accepted yet by those that dew the accepting and the correct spelling of "kNuthing" is kNOwTHING.
But I love the attempt!

Ribbit

From what I could tell, it hasn't been accepted by ANYONE at all on the interwebz, whether they "dew the accepting" or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join