It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why did you vote Democrat? Choose your reason from this list, or add your own.

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I wish I could take credit for this list, but I can't. Still it certainly spells it all out. So my question to those who do indeed vote Democrat is... why??


A List That Explains Most Everything...
When your friends cannot explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list.
They can then pick their reasons from this


1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".




posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The last one would be at the top I would think. His oratory skillz where quite good during the campaign. I bet he mesmerized a lot of people with that rhetoric of power to the little man..and of hope for a future, and a change to the system.

I didn't vote because I'm not from the US



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Can I go off the list?

I voted Democrat because of..........

George W. Bush



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Star and Flag!!!!

You are OBVIOUSLY a left wing loon
and believe in the fact that the government is the answer to every problem...except 9/11 which was obviously a government job.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
Can I go off the list?

I voted Democrat because of..........

George W. Bush


hey, that is a very fair and reasonable answer. I know alot of people that share your sentiment.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Star and Flag!!!!

You are OBVIOUSLY a left wing loon
and believe in the fact that the government is the answer to every problem...except 9/11 which was obviously a government job.


Yeah, that's me... a Marx loving lefty!
For the record I was not a fan of GWB at all, in fact I look at Republicans with almost as much disgust as Democrats.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   


Read the bottom quote and too true thats why they voted Democrat and the reasons listed in the op.

Great find man.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I voted Green because I saw little difference between voting Democrat or Republican.

Both parties are corrupt and ineffectual at governance. If you listen carefully, they argue mostly about how quickly to get to the same place, not about getting to a different destination.

Don't you get tired of being stuck in the same old left/right, demo/repub swamp?

Trust me, nothing good will ever emerge from that place.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
Can I go off the list?

I voted Democrat because of..........

George W. Bush


... both of them.

M.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


I voted democrat because republican priorities, issues, and concerns are things that do not speak for me or my beliefs and things with which i disagree and personally think are dangerous to people who do not share the same concerns, and because the prospect of McCain/Palin in the White House scared the smelly stuff out of me too much to vote for a third party.

That's why i voted democrat, and probably will again if one those republican nuts gets the nomination.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


I voted Democratic because I really really really dislike the snide, facile, lying insinuations of the sort mentioned in the first post. And this is because today in the USA, one side, far more than the other, uses these as substitutes for complex specific thinking about objective and subjective realities of the world.
edit on 14-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I voted Green because I saw little difference between voting Democrat or Republican.

Both parties are corrupt and ineffectual at governance. If you listen carefully, they argue mostly about how quickly to get to the same place, not about getting to a different destination.


Actually this is false (in some areas, at least) but the right wing has an interest in making it seem like it's true.
edit on 14-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I voted Green because I saw little difference between voting Democrat or Republican.

Both parties are corrupt and ineffectual at governance. If you listen carefully, they argue mostly about how quickly to get to the same place, not about getting to a different destination.

Don't you get tired of being stuck in the same old left/right, demo/repub swamp?

Trust me, nothing good will ever emerge from that place.


I appreciate your point of view, and I agree with you in regards to the left/right paradigm and how ineffective it is. I have always viewed the Green Party as the Democratic Party on steroids. They are VERY left of center on a lot of issues. I like their stance on a lot of things, but they lose me with their environmental agenda.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would never vote democrat because I hate socialism. I will never vote republican again because they are just democrats taking the long road to socialism.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


I voted democrat because republican priorities, issues, and concerns are things that do not speak for me or my beliefs and things with which i disagree and personally think are dangerous to people who do not share the same concerns, and because the prospect of McCain/Palin in the White House scared the smelly stuff out of me too much to vote for a third party.

That's why i voted democrat, and probably will again if one those republican nuts gets the nomination.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)


Well it is inevitable that one of those Republican nuts will get the nomination. The thing that I have never understood is that if you take away the "D" and the "R" and look at the issues, McCain and Obama are a lot alike. They are both Progressives, with the same end goal, they just have different means of getting us there. Obama uses economic policy to do it, and McCain uses the Military Industrial Complex and Imperialism to do it. Mitt Romney is nothing more than a clone of McCain and GWB.
edit on 14-10-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


I am not arguing that they both parties are more or less the same in many of their policies. As far as social polices are concerned, IMO republicans seem to wanting to move us backwards. I feel more in line with democratic concerns (socially), than republicans. As far as foreign policy, there is NO different between the two, and i do have a problem with these policies. McCain didn't bother me so much as Palin. And again, i feel that as a person in power, regardless of how he or she feels or believes, should not use that position to take away or restrict the rights of others (even though that will always happen in some form are fashion because there is no way to please 100% of the population). Again, it will be argued Democrats do the same, and they do, but i do not see as severe. When candidates and those in power start catering to fringe elements whose seeming aims are to restrict others' rights, i have a problem. And that is why i generally vote democrat. Also, what i perceive as a very clear religious influence on many policies by Republicans also concerns me.

But, i suppose the whole point in the bipartisan monopoly: keep the people bickering and divided with the two party issues at home while the real agenda--foreign policy, with which corporate economic policy and money making goes pretty much smoothly along... *shrug*

Not to mention, as far as third party voting goes, the same third party candidates are not on the ballots in all the states, which is Bull stinky.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I wish I could take credit for this list, but I can't. Still it certainly spells it all out. So my question to those who do indeed vote Democrat is... why??


A List That Explains Most Everything...
When your friends cannot explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list.
They can then pick their reasons from this


1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.


That's the profit from the end product. There are lots of other profits between curde and gas.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime


2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.


When the Bush Tax cuts were about to expire, Obama proposed to keep them, except the top 2 income brackets. Repubs said all or nothing. Doesn't look to me that he thought that he will do better. Just take some of the guys who won't spend it here anyway.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.


I think Hank Williams had every right to make the stupid hitler comparison. It is nontheless stupid.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.


Funny enough, no gun legislation in the past 3 years. But of course the NRA knows it's only a ploy to make you think your gun is save, to do it during the second term!

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.


Strawman: Weahter != Climate.
I can tell you winter will be colder than summer.
Can I tell you fore every single day? No.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

Ahhh.... Troy Davies, Cameron Todd Willingham...

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

80.000 People yearly come to the US for healthcare. 750.000 leave the US to get it somewhere else. Very popular: Germany. Pays 20% less than the US, has everybody covered, and twice as many hospitals per captia than the US.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.


In a competitive market they would. Why? Because if you make 10$ on a widget, I could enter the market and do it for 9. And another could do it for 8 ...


Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.



Well, fortunately Harriet Miers got laughed out of town. Clarence Thomas on the other hand does not understand what "Income of Spouse" means.


Originally posted by OptimusSubprime


10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.


I do not know what species of gopher or beatle lives in the gulf of mexico? Please enlighten me.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime


11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

Humm.... place 12 in GDP per capita, acording to the CIA fact book. The only 1st world country without universal health care. Greatest, most wondeful? Erm.... nope.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime


edit on 14-10-2011 by narwahl because: did I forget another one?



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


I am not arguing that they both parties are more or less the same in many of their policies. As far as social polices are concerned, IMO republicans seem to wanting to move us backwards. I feel more in line with democratic concerns (socially), than republicans. As far as foreign policy, there is NO different between the two, and i do have a problem with these policies. McCain didn't bother me so much as Palin. And again, i feel that as a person in power, regardless of how he or she feels or believes, should not use that position to take away or restrict the rights of others (even though that will always happen in some form are fashion because there is no way to please 100% of the population). Again, it will be argued Democrats do the same, and they do, but i do not see as severe. When candidates and those in power start catering to fringe elements whose seeming aims are to restrict others' rights, i have a problem. And that is why i generally vote democrat. Also, what i perceive as a very clear religious influence on many policies by Republicans also concerns me.

But, i suppose the whole point in the bipartisan monopoly: keep the people bickering and divided with the two party issues at home while the real agenda--foreign policy, with which corporate economic policy and money making goes pretty much smoothly along... *shrug*

Not to mention, as far as third party voting goes, the same third party candidates are not on the ballots in all the states, which is Bull stinky.




We are in agreement on a lot of things. I think the main problem today is that people are to concerned with social issues. I wish that people would vote for the person that makes the most economical sense. Abortion, gay marriage, etc.. will not bring back jobs or the housing market. Besides a President can be pro life anti gay marriage but has no power to do anything about it without a lot of help from congress, so I think people care way too much about the social issues. Gay people are gay regardless of whether or not they are homeless and starving, so if I were gay, I would vote for the person that has a good grasp on what it takes to create jobs and prosperity, regardless of that person's stance on my sexual orientation.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I did not vote for a democrat for President. I realized Obama was promoting socialism with the belief that our government can and should take care of everyone. I disagree with that. I did not like what I saw happening with the Repubilcan party either. Was it McCain they selected? I don't remember anymore. I'm not going to vote for President someone who said they did not understand economics very well. Based on past experience, I would say many Americans and both the main parties either lack an understanding of economics or are only concerned with getting elected and getting whatever they can get for themselves and their friends who helped them get elected.

I thought change had to start somewhere so I voted for a third party. Apparently I was one out of several million who thought that way during the last election.
edit on 14/10/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I didn't vote entirely Democrat, but I voted for Obama because I thought that McCain would get us into three wars instead of the two we were in. But our Murdercrat president now has us in...four? five? I've lost count. I won't make that mistake again.

/TOA



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join