It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Venus Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I take no credit for this mans acheivements of working his whole life towards this vision of a functioning society.
Please, if you can, take a look at this and go to the FAQ; 122 questions people have asked him over the last 20 years.
www.thevenusproject.com...
Instead of the unrest going on, we can take a move forward..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thank you. Bookmarked for future reading.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Go to Eastern Europe.
You'll see concrete versions of an earlier version of the Venus Project.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

ehh, just more good hopes, if they wanted it this way it would be this way - they want money particularly yours and mine and probably every one you know - this senario doesn't keep the fat cats eating so it's just a nice hope.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
To sum it it up they want us all to share just about everything.

Almost everyone would live in a city or city center.

No need to own your own car, land, house, ect.

They are communist as far as I can tell.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Sayin it wont work, just makes it not work. Everyone will have to want it. and what better place for people to see the message of Jaque Fresco than on ATS, where you deny IGNORance. base word in that is Ignore. Which ignoring that, saying it wont work cause we are greedy, just proves that we need a change.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

Hi, nice pic you've got there.

I love the Venus project, it's a real glimpse of what we can aim for.

I have joined my local group and would urge any and all to do so if it appeals.

The project is not without problems but if more people become involved the potential is amazing. The aim of the project is truly inspirational.

The 'thrive' film will be out soon (11-11-11) I imagine it may be along the same kind of lines. With more emphasis on our higher potential.

Thanks for that.

Namaste.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
They are communist as far as I can tell.

I'm sorry, is this the 1950s?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I like the concept but how do people put in their own fair share of the work?
The farmers have a job, the transporters & distributers have jobs what do the other 90% of the people in the project do?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

That's the thing. We live to live, like animals. Technology is the future. Like me, i would be pretty active in helping out, but if someone doesnt want to work, they dont have to.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

Which ignoring that, saying it wont work cause we are greedy, just proves that we need a change.

Is it greedy for me to want to be free.

I want to one day pay off my car loan and own my car.

I would like to one day buy a house (instead of renting) and one day pay off that loan.

Besides that let me keep my rights set forth in The Bill of Rights and I'll be happy.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I apologize if i'm offending anyones beliefs but i dont believe the venus program viable. Humans are naturally possesive and we take joy in accomplishing things or owning things that others dont. I'm not saying that all Fresco's ideas are wrong i'm just stating that since the very beginning of our existence we have fought and even killed others because we are different, and there will always be those few people who believe that they are superior because of either race, religion or general way of life. We are violent creatures, we are not perfect but we exist and i believe that we have only gotten as far as we have today because of violent nature. A good example of this is the production of the Jet Fighter:

In just a century, we have gone from our very first manned flight to having jets that can exceed mach 4 and 5, now the sole reasoning for such an accelerated evolution is our wars. Each side has strived to be better than the other so we have been forced to make revolutionary jumps forward in our technology.

Therefore i give you this question to think of:
"Could you really live your life knowing that you'll never be any different from anyone else?"

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandman25

I like that last quote. But i think im different than everyone else, but not greater. Make sense? I feel its how we are brought up.

new topics

top topics

join